Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

M14 EBR [v1.0]

@popcorn: I've got a widescreen too, and I don't know how to fix it. I know it's annoying. Anybody know how to get rid of the black-lines which block screen edges?

@mant3z: I think you mean that the scope isn't 3d right? it's just an image? Yes, that is a problem.

@Kasrkin85th: cool sound. Sounds like a canon!

@all: anybody have a better solution for the Short-Dot scope? the length of it means that in 3d view, the view through it is to small. Any way around this?

@Yossarian: ya sounds more like 7,62 x 51mm ;-))

@all: anyone else like the sound? contact me....i send you the sound, via e-mail

Hi, about the Short-Dot scope size... or even the iron sighted EBR

versions, that's the right size of booth in relation with the enviroment

or the field of view of the shooter, takes a bit to get used to the

2D sight, but for me... it's perfect as it's. Let's C ya

Yossarian were you on the ghostrecon.net forums?..

I recognise that sig from there..  wink_o.gif

JTF-2  biggrin_o.gif

never released any of my stuff for gr though. Been at the gr.net forums long enough though... thumbs-up.gif

Dude you should, its gotten really quiet there all of a sudden..

My alias name there is "squad_e" .

I'd sure like to see you make some stuff for GR or GRAW 2.

thumbs-up.gif

Yossarian were you on the ghostrecon.net forums?..

I recognise that sig from there.. wink_o.gif

JTF-2 biggrin_o.gif

never released any of my stuff for gr though. Been at the gr.net forums long enough though... thumbs-up.gif

Dude you should, its gotten really quiet there all of a sudden..

My alias name there is "squad_e" .

I'd sure like to see you make some stuff for GR or GRAW 2.

thumbs-up.gif

ahhh, I knew I recognized the sig. good to see gr.net people here. yay.gif

I'm still learning. I've got a long way to go before my stuff will look good in GRAW2...

MOD UPDATES: finally managed to fix sparkling texture/bad lighting problem. (Thanks to LinkerSplits tutorial and some mucking around) I just changed some specular values in cfgMaterials. FINALLY!!

I just found a Yossarian on Myspace... 38 year old guy from Phoenix Az.

I just finished playing with the M14's in game and I really like them. IMHO the short dot is very nice as is with the zoom top notch smile_o.gif

lol helping_hand, u stalker.

Keep up the good work Yossarian

notworthy.gif

lmao! that ain't me. I'm the 20 year old guy from Toronto, CA....

thanks wika_woo.

First thing's first, I'll soon release a version with the slightly updated config - no more sparkling and bad lighting! (now just bad textures). Then, I don't know what's next. another gun? a camera? new character? helo? airplane? I've got tons of ideas, just no time. banghead.gif

...Then, I don't know what's next. another gun? a camera? new character? helo? airplane? I've got tons of ideas, just no time. banghead.gif

What about this: klick!?

It will be good for sahraniville mission smile_o.gif

Here is olso a thread where people requesting addons, you can chose somethin intresting :> there is a lot to do :P

Better will be import from some NFS's if is possible  tounge2.gif

I have no idea how to do it :P

I just know how to beg someone notworthy.gif

Awesome work mate. One of the best weapons available and definitely the best scope in the market imho. Now do a grenade launcher combo and a DMR version with a Leupold sight (long barrel). notworthy.gif

Awesome bit of work, you have done exceedingly well in replicating many parts of it.

My only 2 suggestions:

A new Leupold M3 type scope for longer range shooting. The rifle seems to shoot far further than the shortdot can.

Make the reticule on the shortdot bigger. Its clear you have tried to do crosshairs, but without them you can only guess at longer ranges.

Overall however, you have done a great job. The sounds are absolutely perfect, including the noise the flash hider makes when a round passes through it.

Well done indeed.

lmao! that ain't me. I'm the 20 year old guy from Toronto, CA....

thanks wika_woo.

First thing's first, I'll soon release a version with the slightly updated config - no more sparkling and bad lighting! (now just bad textures). Then, I don't know what's next. another gun? a camera? new character? helo? airplane? I've got tons of ideas, just no time. banghead.gif

I know exactly how you feel. I have in mind to make a Stryker MGS because I think it would be pretty easy but I keep tinkering with the guns and never have time to finish ANYTHING.

ps...I can see Toronto from across the lake smile_o.gif

Buffalo, NY

Thanks guys. Glad you appreciate the hard work.

@Deicide: I actually used your old photo album, the one that was closed down, when I was making the EBR. I think Snowfella gave me the links. The new album is even better though, can see all the pics at once! Great stuff man. You deserve a lot of credit, I couldn't have made this without your references. smile_o.gif

A Leupold version will be coming from RobertHammer. Since he exported them, he gets an exclusive weapon for his mod.

@Miles-Paolo: I think you're right, the gun could be a little less accurate at ~500, but I've heard it's near perfect out to ~425.

I tried to make the short dot reticle bigger, but because it is actually a texture on a 3d model (one of BISs originals), the texture is limited by the size of the model. In this case, the square where the texture goes it very small. I'm already trying to make a complete new model, just for the Short-Dot view.

@Scubaman: I hear ya brother. Bit by bit though, good mods will be done! wink_o.gif

Hey there! Great looking and sounding weapons, and good work all in all. Besides the other little things mentioned here already, I found another really weird bug:

m14ebr_bug.jpg

I put down a M14 with a ShortDot, and oddly enough it didn't have a magazine in when on the ground (I put down an M14 with long barrel next to it, which did have a mag in the model). It seems to me, the missing magazine (if that is what that little floaty thing is) has floated away!

Some notes: it's not visible in first person view; probably because its location is dependent on the camera position (i.e., if you tilt your camera in 3rd person, it'll move). It also seems to be directly connected to the weapon model on the ground (if you move away from it, the little floating piece floats up into the air and disappears).

Didn't bother checking all the other weapons, since it's such a minor niggle but....yes...floating weird things biggrin_o.gif

Also -> why is there no "standard" M14 EBR in the crate? ^_^ Just the various long barrel/shortdot/silencer versions (although you can get the "normal" EBR by placing down the appropriate soldier). Might want to consider fixing that too smile_o.gif

Great addon otherwise!

Regards,

Wolfrug

! crazy. Never seen that before. So you got that by putting down an m14 and then picking it up again?

RobertHammer is the one who did the config for the mags. I've got no idea what the problem could be. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for the report. I'll see what I can do crazy_o.gif

Actually it's only there if there's a M14 EBR ShortDot lying on the ground - pick it up, and it's gone. wink_o.gif Might be an issue with some of the other models too, not sure.

Regards,

Wolfrug

RobertHammer is the one who did the config for the mags. I've got no idea what the problem could be. Anybody have any ideas?

A model problem.

Are you certain your model has the Geometry LOD and in this particular LOD the autocenter=0 property set?

Do you have a separate View Pilot Lod?

I agree with changing the sounds of the M14. The current one sounds like a pistol or something. It needs more "strength" to it so you know your shooting with some real kickass gun.

What is the ammo and weapon class name please.

Its ok used a PBO unpacker to get the class names.