Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Alright.

I'm keeping this one short and sweet, like my love life, just kidding babe (If your reading this) notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

The Full Release is imminent. Late Saturday is a possibility but no guarantees.

The Resistance will remain a Resistance force. Islamic Extremists and mercs will be added at a later date but for now they are just the Rebel movement and Russian Rebel forces.

The reason the release is taking so long even thought I've not added as much as I'd hoped, is because OFP is not the only thing in my life anymore. When I first got the game I was still in school so I had no worries in life. Now that I'm grown up I have more to worry about and other stuff to focus on in life. OFP is close to me but not as close as it used to be.

Concerning the requests everyone makes: I love that your all so into this mod and helping me make it better, but I can only put stuff in the mod that I feel is right. I don't want to make this the biggest waste of space on a HD by added lots of things that don't even serve a purpose. This mod was designed to be Total Conversion that was all. But I decided to add a lot of extras to add A little more fun to the mod. In no-way is this mod intended to be 100% accurate. Its just something I did for the heck of it. But its spawned into so much more. When I first made the first announcement that I would release the mod, I thought no-one would care. With FFUR, ECP, CSLA, FINMOD, BOH, PLA, Y2K3 and many other mods out there I thought everyone would have said who needs another Total conversion mod made by some community nobody with only 20 posts under his belt. But people took interest and so did I. Now the mod is this big, Modern enhancement for Operation Flashpoint that has really made me proud of what I did.

Now I've no Idea why I just said all that but thats it. The release is soon coming and many more releases will follow that and that.

LONG LIVE FLASHPOINT. LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY.

Thats gonna get me some bad marks but I don't care. I love you all (not in a gay way).

Goodnight, Big-Rooney.

You know what smells like...... Smells like Victory!

YAY! yay.gifyay.gif

I love you too but not in a gay way! I cannot wait, what you said in that paragraph was amazing.

P.S. - I know what it smells like, something I just laid in the toilet a half an hour ago. Which is the smell of victory of course wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I love you too but not in a gay way!

Of course, I'll edit that post to make that clear.

Quote[/b] ]When I first made the first announcement that I would release the mod, I thought no-one would care. With FFUR, ECP, CSLA, FINMOD, BOH, PLA, Y2K3 and many other mods out there I thought everyone would have said who needs another Total conversion mod made by some community nobody with only 20 posts under his belt

Even if it comes kind of late, you should not understimate your skills as you proved that MCM/SLX is a unique reference in terms of 'Modern Military MOD', I have carefully checked out every part of your .cpp/.sqs and have been truly amazed by the way and the speed you accomplish the 'modifications' and manage to include them.

I bet the incoming release will be as striking as the previous ones and I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

Regards,

TB

I agree the Resistance should remain a Resistance force/the remanants of an existing military (after all this mod takes place a long time after 1985/1982) but they should still have aircraft , helicopters , tanks etc.... and they are indeed equipped with both mix of western/eastern/russian equipment. Uniforms i think that should be considered would be american BDU/ CSLA ACR modern uniforms. You must also consider russian ultra-nationalist/hardlines supplying the resistance forces with high tech weaponry etc... (su-24mk etc...) along with funding and help from NATO/America. I can agree with this one no ERA equipped tanks. But you must also consider that for example Chinese tech is very cheap to buy so Nogova/Resistance would have definitely bought type-59-II , type-69-II and type-62 and type-63 along with type-63 apc's.

You mentioned that in no way the mod is supposed to be 100% accurate but I gurantee you it will be with the communitys help and my help. Also as soon as the mod is released any possibility to upload full readme online ?

Now have a vodka on me but dont forget the nice pickles and stuff you eat with vodika wink_o.gif

Now you also mentioned some addon suggestions that nobody would use and this is a valid point thats why I will review my previous suggestions and remove as much suggestions i feel are unrealistic or not enough realistic and to save you time and patience Big Rooney as always you have my full support and appreciation. That way 100% or close to it can be achieved for future addon implementation/realism changes and my suggestions can hopefully most of them be implemented.

o_O!!!!

Nice statement Big-Rooney.

Haven't even expected notworthy.gif

I Love this mod and really appriciate all your efforts you made and still make inlove.gifwink_o.gif

Thank you

Quote[/b] ]P.S. - I know what it smells like, something I just laid in the toilet a half an hour ago. Which is the smell of victory of course
rofl.gif

hey Rooney with TB making FFUR85 single player only he pretty much killed our dreams of a new mod to play Multiplayer with. Are you going to make yours more MP friendly or are we gonna have the same scripting problems causing ctd's as in the FFUR series?

Big Rooney, One common mistake thats mods have for Russian officers is that they give them TT(Tokarev) pistols this is incorrect. The pistols used currently are PMM (Pistol Makarov Modernized) and APS (pistol) , along with PSM (more for police officers). The VDV have a version of the SVD called SVDS with a folding tubular metal stock that folds to the right side. world.guns.ru has very good information if you're interested smile_o.gif

Uni, it really doesn't matter that much. It's not a point of realism, don't you think so?

It does matter for the models and naming to be correct and realistic. In flashpoint the main pistols for Russia (also for Resistance ?) are TT/Tokarev and those were used in WW2 and were replaced by Makarov (modernized) and APS Stechkin. I don't believe in Tokarev for Resistance either , should be APS and Makarov (modernized ?)

Nah, I have to agree with Universal's nitpicking on this one. The Tokarev is long dead, unlike the Colt 45 which is still popular with Americans. It would be a bit like putting in modern British troops and giving them a Webley...

EDIT: I do realize its a bit late considering that the mod is likely to be released any time soon (hint hint wink_o.gif ) but I suppose its something for later versions.

Hardly that important. I'd rather just see the mod get released sooner rather than later.

I agree but taking a bit more time to fix some things wont kill us even if they are meloch/small things.

Universals arguments are very accurate in this case - forget the TT pistol, it is no longer present in russian military use because this pistol is very outdated, compared to modern ones and its being repleced by proper, more actual designs like Grach (Viking) or Gyurza.

There are no models in ofp addon base for pistols I`ve mentioned but adding Makarov or APS would do.

Why use Fromz sounds ? I think Chammies Sound mod is as close as you can get to realistic weapon sounds etc....

i agree with the Islamic Extremist and the mercs, represent the actual side on the global conflict.. (east,west,middle-east,asia)

maybe the mercs will look great with mixed units inside, like the cubans cartels, african-skinnies soldiers, or asian warriors...just a little suggestion...:D

*still waiting for rooney's next strike.. yay.gif

The PMC pack released fits perfectly well. Big Rooney my opinion of having the Independent Forces a full fledged military force comes from playing CSLA campaigns red head and operation paranoid. That should represent the forces in MCM-SLX and not just simple Guerillas's or Resistance forces , if you want a compromise we can have them the remnants of a full fledged military forces.

I thought Big Rooney will release this new Modern Combat Mod in next days but now again there are "oh and this will be nice and that..." C'mon let's bring this one into the light and fix/update it asap. smile_o.gif

I second that - the PMC guys can be added externally (away from the mod) for you own liking.

-Chapman