Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

Great work ShadowNX, I was pleased with the Russian Units, and TBH: Pleased with these tanks, I cannot wait to see what is in store in the next days/weeks/months/year with this modding community.

Well next could be the T-80s and after that is done Kenji starts to remodel and retexture the T-64s for the full pack.

Also if all goes well there will be T-90s and a Mi-28

Also btw, check that signature of yours before a mod does, it may be a bit to high

Why not when you release future tanks just release them as one pack? RHS Tank pack instead of RHS T64 pack RHS T80 pack etc etc....

I dont see the benefits of that, especially when you have to fix few things you have to release the whole pack again.

I think its quite ok the way it is.

Hey Shadow, Im usually a lurker, mainly looking for addons for the game. Im getting a lot of fun and mileage from Arma and the addons make it even better. Then I found your teams' T-64 addon...WAY TO GO! So after playing with it for awhile, thought I would post a "well done guys!" Im now looking forward to your future tanks and the MI...man, I love this game... smile_o.gif

Thanks, hope we can update that pack sooner or later but at first work will went into the t80s smile_o.gif

inlove.gif t-80s (tears in eyes) when can we see some pics im dying to see t-80s and 90s too

Hey Shadow,can't wait to see those T80s in action,but are you guys planning to make some other russian hardware?Perhaps an BTR-80,BMD3 or BMP3?

inlove.gif t-80s (tears in eyes) when can we see some pics im dying to see t-80s and 90s too

in the last few pages there should be at least one pic but it shows the old texture version.

Please no more T-90s with this extra fuel drums and those big hog rings on the rear side! Last i've seen them only on T-72 and T-80. wink_o.gif

A HAVOC!!! notworthy.gifpistols.gif Thats some heavy russian firepower! I loved your MI-24 so the Mi-28 must be even better!! Also can't wait for the T-90 Abram Crusher thumbs-up.gifyay.gif

Your work is the best in arma. Try to make a page on-line even a myspace!

Page was online and working and the forum was also as good as done...

And then a certain german ISP switched of Armed-Assault.de and few other pages without warning and all was gone...

---

About the T-64, well i got a update here ready to release but it wont work well with NWDs Tank Ballistics cause it alters armor settings, in other words our tanks cant do much to his tank versions and im unsure how to fix that.

Wrote him a PM few days ago, lets see if he maybe has a solution... if not i will release by the end of the week.

just a heads up to you fellas. I dont plan to update my t-64 you did an incredible job. If its not broke i wont fix it.

seriously do i need to send my girlfriend to your place for a few hours to get those t-80s or when do you think we will se them..... t-90s?huh.gif??

Well how does she look? whistle.gif

Seriosly, Kenji is working hard on it but its impossible to give a release date yet

Page was online and working and the forum was also as good as done...

And then a certain german ISP switched of Armed-Assault.de and few other pages without warning and all was gone...

---

About the T-64, well i got a update here ready to release but it wont work well with NWDs Tank Ballistics cause it alters armor settings, in other words our tanks cant do much to his tank versions and im unsure how to fix that.

Wrote him a PM few days ago, lets see if he maybe has a solution... if not i will release by the end of the week.

It alters your addons setting? Have you based the T-64 on the T-72 class?? other wise it shouldnt alter your armor. What it might well be is the fact that the NWD M829 rounds are killers, A1 = 650 HP, A2 = 710 HP and A3 = 765 HP, where as the BM-42 is only 500 as is the standard BIS round. The NWD T-72 has only 580 armor but the model has been redesigned so that hitpoint areas are tucked away inside the model more. The only real short term solution would be to add another T-64 in the config and double or triple the armor so that atleast it has some fighting chance like the T-72s. As for killing the M1 can your tanks still kill it from side and rear with 1 shot?

No it doesnt alter our addon but due to the fact that if you use NWDs addon you will have more than a hard time battling the T-72 and M1 that his mods change.

NWD kindly explained me his system in detail now and its complexer than i expected but maybe we can adapt this to our tanks aswell.

That would be cool if you did adopt his system. Making your tanks compatible would take a while would it not? If you added the ability to use his ammo in your guns does it make it somewhat easier to kill his armor than compared to yours? I just did a quick test and it seems your BM-46 took 5+ rounds to make the M1 blow up from the rear but using the BM-42 from NWDs T-72 it only took 2 or 3 rounds. So using hid ammo in your guns ( or at least an option to) would make a good quick fix to help even it out on the next release until a fully compatible version is released no?

OUr values are nearly same when it comes to ammo i think, difference is we use a old ammo that was used when the T-64s new while NWD mostly uses the newer ammo types used today.

Compatability of the BEST addons in this game is a big deal. Do you remember how in OFP everyone was making great tanks, like T-80's and M1's pack from Sigma-6, RHS packs, Timmamas T-90. And then King Hommer made an excellent M1 pack. But it was useless with all other addons. His tanks were SO uber and almost invulnerable, I couldn't use them in any of the missions! It's armor was way too much for any opposing addons in OFP. He got carries away in his national pride there. Those M1A2 tanks looked fantastic, but were useless. I hope we are not going to make the same mistake in Arma now. Besides making good addons, could you guys also make BALANCED addons with each? Is there some sort of common armor value established for Arma addons yet? Without it, we will have East and West King Hommers everywhere. I hope that these new RHS tank addons will be balanced with the best Western addons (like NWD for now) so that we can enjoy both sides in the game.

OUr values are nearly same when it comes to ammo i think, difference is we use a old ammo that was used when the T-64s new while NWD mostly uses the newer ammo types used today.

What about making a version of the T-64 in a seperate PBO for his addon which lets you load the magazines for NWD's T-72 since they both use the same gun?

I just tested some minutes, but this was very impressive.

On my tests, with NWD realistics, the only strange thing on your excellent addon was the APFSDS use : near completely ineffective against an Abrams, whatever the side aspect.

HEAT and missiles seems to have correct effects, only sabots are much under effective.

Should be a "quite" easy problem to solve isn't it ?

This superbe T-64 is a much better counterpart to the M1A1 than the original T-72, and he is looking very good, great work !

Maybe a little work on textures ... even if they looks fine at this time.

as soon as you will solve this problem, we will use your addon on our missions, here =>

http://www.ofcra.org/forum/index.php

(~100 soldiers -40 humans- on realistics maps, 2 to 3 time a month)

So, we wait impatiently the V1.0 of this excellent work notworthy.gif