Sign in to follow this  
daniel_h

t-90m Vladimir

TankCamo.jpg

--just Modded BI's t-72 into a t-90--

13554 triangles, in comparison regular t72 is 12525

texturing 50% done, modeling 100% done

will include ATGM, fake FLIR, Smoke launchers & multiple lod's.

no interior view is planned, still thinking about the ambient tank sounds. (will need permission from mod maker etc.)

Are you planning internal views? That would be great!

Hopefully NWD will finish his modern gunsights and shells for the Ruskie tanks by the time this is out!

Looks good!

@MehMan: My T-72 sight is not a modern Russian gunsight, and my Russian ammo is from the 80s. I intend to make a T-80B gunsight that should work for the day sight on the Vladimir and some modern BM-42M and BM-46 shells to go with it, but that will be a while. I don't know anything about the T-90 thermal viewer.

Refleks missiles need a lot of scripting, but Mando Missiles might be just what's needed. ArmA-style ATGMs will work just fine out of a tank gun, but they're really screwed up no matter how you launch them.

dunno why, but turret is too small, when comparing with rest of the hull and space between driver's hatch and front is too long... wheels are too big too...

if you don't have proper drawings, schemes, let me know. I'm sure i have them.

enough of my critics. You are the first who is making the real russian T-90M "Vladimir", instead of T-90S! Just keep the good work going. At least in my knowledge...  thumbs-up.gif

EDIT

To start with...

basic site about T-90(in english)

"western" page about T-90(in english)

page about T-90(in russian)

T-90 vs. Abrams(in russian)

page about ammunition and protection(in russian)

page about protection(in russian)

... (in russian)

some more

page about T-90(in english)

page about T-90-3D view(in russian)

go to this site and login to forum, there's tons and tons of pictures/info/...(in russian)

T tanks evolution

P.S. If you don't understand in russian, than use Google translator!!!

I need Moderator's or Admin's help to dig up the post i made in 2005 November 30, in rhs or something like that topic. The post it self is a huge research, which could be used now. Any of you remember that post with loads of links i posted about russian tanks?

Any of you remember that post with loads of links i posted about russian tanks?

I vaguely remember it.

Did Stefan update his site? I hadn't seen the 1G46 page before. I guess now I plan to make the T-90 day sight, which will work well enough for a T-80. wink_o.gif

Did Stefan update his site? I hadn't seen the 1G46 page before. I guess now I plan to make the T-90 day sight, which will work well enough for a T-80. wink_o.gif

Seems like a few months ago some info and pics disappeared from his site. confused_o.gif

Anyway, HERE is complete pic of the gunner's day sight on the T-90.

In light of the t-64 pack release...could you please please please include the ambiant radio sounds from arma xtreme 1.3 in your t-90?? (or something close to it maybe) I myself as a rusky tanker just couldn't bring myself to jump outta the t-72 cause I missed the emmersion of the radio sounds in the background.Just a thought. smile_o.gif

Want help with texturing?...just gimme a holler :)I have a T-80,T-80U ,and T-72B models if your interested to continue on other tank projects.

Might get 343rdBadger to help out with texturing we'll see.

Thats insulting rocco, BF2 jeez, feel free to model the interior of a t90 i will be happy to use it. Good luck finding reference.

no interior view is planned

crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

edit. I can understand its alot of work, but its an important part imo.

no interior view is planned

crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

edit. I can understand its alot of work, but its an important part imo.

Not really IMO. The BIS tanks don't have them.

@Rocco: That seems like a pretty insulting comment towards someone that's making something for free. It's not like he owes you anything.

interiors dont really worry me as i spend most of my time with my eye glued to the gun sight...

Tank looks thumbs-up.gif