Sign in to follow this  
Stewy

What's the best racing sim

G'day guys,

I'm a bit out of the loop with racing sims - I loved the Grand Prix series (up to GP2/3 - GP4 sucked) and so with a new rig, I was wondering, what's the best racing sim at the moment.

Any genre is fine, but prefer Formula 1, Nascar, even rally, looking for a game that has a lot of freedom of input (the 'controlled' steering of gp4 sicked) and that isn't too difficult for the weekend gamer...

My rig is kind of ok, so new stuff should be fine...

Keen for your opinions! smile_o.gif

Cheers

Stew

Live for speed, by miles.

LFS can support a lot of input, including the G25 racing wheel.

And it has Formula1 car/track that will make your eyes come out of your sockets, breaking down from 200mph to 60mph in a few seconds! biggrin_o.gif

It’s not as pretty as the others, but its like the ofp of racing. Good community and realistic values.

http://www.lfs.net/ smile_o.gif

GTR 2

Richard Burns Rally

and more arcadish :

TOCA Race Driver 3

for total wreckage with good fun-factor:

Flatout 2

I always liked the Colin McRae series... if only Dirt would work on my blasted computer. mad_o.gif

Need For Speed is fun if you like total unrealism, shiny cars, spike strips and R + B... Porsche Unleashed was the best NFS title ever, IMHO - after that things just went... ghetto.

if your talking for just PC probably the colin Mcrae series and GTR2, but for consoles hands down it will the forethcoming release of Grand turismo HD

Thanks guys for your advice - just got LFS S2 and it is incredible!biggrin_o.gif Thanks again for your help wink_o.gif

Stew

Yeo, LFS rocks... we had a BI community team ealier... what happend to that?

Yeh we did set up "Flashpoint Racing" back before Arma was released.

Unfortunately it lost interest. Like most things smile_o.gif

http://flashpoint-racing.lohikaarme.org

The website is still there, and could be re used if someone has the time to manage it all.

Nick

Forza 2 on the 360 smile_o.gif I played PGR4 this week but I'm not impressed smile_o.gif

i have to vote for Richard Burns Rally in the rally genre...

maybe becouse im currently involved in a "national" RBR championship :P (no, im not winning, im just trying not to come last)

Gene Rally. biggrin_o.gif It's free, simple and fun. No steering wheel needed. Also, it supports multiplayer on one computer biggrin_o.gif.

Just tried the FlatOut2 demo, fun. A lot of fun.

You should try Sim Bin's Race07. The best I have played (and probably played all).

I'm wondering what's changed since the last one? Seems good, I'll give it a try some time. Got a Logitech MOMO steering that I should put to good use.

Tried Race on the free weekend a while ago. Even though the free weekend is over, the game wont deactivate as long as I don't let it connect to the net rofl.gif

Of course no online play then. Didn't play it much though, had some graphics issues which were probably cause by the drivers I had.

So yea, what's changed in Race 07? smile_o.gif

BTW, Flatout 2 is awesome. Far from a sim, but the damage system is cool biggrin_o.gif

You should try Sim Bin's Race07. The best I have played (and probably played all).

I'm wondering what's changed since the last one? Seems good, I'll give it a try some time. Got a Logitech MOMO steering that I should put to good use.

Tried Race on the free weekend a while ago. Even though the free weekend is over, the game wont deactivate as long as I don't let it connect to the net rofl.gif

Of course no online play then. Didn't play it much though, had some graphics issues which were probably cause by the drivers I had.

So yea, what's changed in Race 07? smile_o.gif

BTW, Flatout 2 is awesome. Far from a sim, but the damage system is cool biggrin_o.gif

I never owned previus Race sim, but this is incredible. The sense of speed, physics, sound. It's a pleasure drive this cars. There is a good selection of car clases, from BMW Formula to 87 WTCC.

My favorite view is the action camera, no other sim has it and I like a lot drive using it.

BTW maybe I should try Flatout 2 just for fun tounge2.gif

Thanks guys for your advice - just got LFS S2 and it is incredible!biggrin_o.gif Thanks again for your help wink_o.gif

Stew

hey I love that game, you should come race me sometime smile_o.gif

btw everyones forgetting GTLEGENDS!!! play it on loud volume and damn its a good experiance inlove.gif supports trackIR too

Oh yeah.. Live For Speed is one of the best race sims out IMO, for the PC that is. especially if your into drift..

I even did a video on LFS s2

Clicky

thumbs-up.gif