Sign in to follow this  
Sleek

Has Anyone Got Queens Gambit?

I have it..but hav'nt had chance to install it yet (still at work)

I'm most interested if theres any random performance improvements like the other patches brought - Anyone?

I'm most interested if theres any random performance improvements like the other patches brought - Anyone?

It's not a patch. It's a bunch of addons. New Island and two campaigns.

I like it. It gives what it promised. smile_o.gif

14€/20$/10Pounds, not a bad price to pay for the game you love. whistle.gif

When is this coming out in the U.S.? Went to Best Buy today, and it wasn't in. I guess the release date of Sept 28 was for the EU and other countries, not US.

Anyone have a US release date?

Anyone care to comment on the new campaigns?

Higher quality like in OFP?

I just tried to buy through metoboli and it gave me the links to download, but no codes!!!

Never had these problems with any other digital distributer...

I just tried to buy through metoboli and it gave me the links to download, but no codes!!!

Theres no Serial required to install Queens Gambit.

Seems like online distributors got some confusing confirmation emails, the guys on the german forum say that.

It's not a patch. It's a bunch of addons. New Island and two campaigns.

I like it. It gives what it promised. smile_o.gif

14€/20$/10Pounds, not a bad price to pay for the game you love. whistle.gif

I never said it wasn't but QG still UPDATES the game, if you think about it.

that's what happened to me too! I emailed them, but before I panic, I'll see if I actually need them to install the game.

So far there has been only one post with specific information about the expansion, written by Kiljoy. Let's not make this a troubleshooting/purchasing thread and rather keep it to trade experiences and feelings about the expansion.

Hi,

I ordered it at amazon, today they delayed the delivery so i canceled the order and also bought the download version from metaboli.

D/L was very fast, install was no problem.

I don't think that there are graphical improvements, but performance seems bit more stable. Maybe they only used the "good" trees and bushes?!

The new models look good, the vids between missions are also made with "love"... I think the 15 bucks are ok!

that's what happened to me too! I emailed them, but before I panic, I'll see if I actually need them to install the game.

You don't need a key to install, its like a mod. You get a new shortcut.

Didn't test a lot yet, but it runs like charm!  thumbs-up.gif

Need to play a bit now...

Cya

Pre-Ordered the expansion from game and it was on my doorstep 8:30 this morning smile_o.gif

The single player is such an improvement. Done the first 3 Merc missions, I have to say, so far it's worth 12.99. As for Multiplayer I didn't notice any servers running the new islands.

I have the Metaboli (German) download version of ArmA and installed 505 version of QG over the top with no trouble, at all.

I picked up my copy this morning.

Im happy so far. the Royal Flush campaign is pretty decent and well put together. The characters and story work well, its actually drawn me in, like the OFP/Resistance  campaign once did.

The cut scenes and the use of sound, are very well done. Much better than any mission in Arma itself. Its more polished, and entertaining.

I think the new 'Porto Island' will be very good for PvP online missions. I like this alot.

To be honest though I was expecting more content, maybe Im just greedy.

However I would of liked to of seen, animals, more additions in the civillian class, especially a female units, more boats etc, to make the islands more believable that they are actualy inhabited, and not just a play ground for toy soldiers.

The addons you do get , some of them you already have due to patch v1.08. Which i think is rather lame and cheeky, even if they do state it on the dvd case.

Overall its ok, im happy with the missions, happy with the islands,  not so happy with the lack of vehicles and weapons it includes.

Well done anways  smile_o.gif

Can anyone confirm that any spoken dialog in the cutscenes is in English in the Metaboli download version? It says German and English but that doesn't clarify what language spoken dialog is in. Or maybe there is no spoken dialog and it is all text?

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]Can anyone confirm that any spoken dialog in the cutscenes is in English in the Metaboli download version?

Yes they are.

i literrly ran into nottingham today to get a copy of QG and im already pretty impresed with the royal flush campign its the 1st campign in a long time ive been drawn into to play till the end of it so i must say splendid work thumbs-up.gif

i literrly ran into nottingham today to get a copy of QG

must be good then - wouldn't catch me running into nottingham without good reason. tounge2.gif

Sreenies plzz as i think us US players got left out in the cold...again. Sry to go off topic but any info to any site with info on overseas distributor that accepts PayPal would be much appreciated, thanx! biggrin_o.gif

I live in USA and got it through the Metaboli download version and from the short time i got to play it I like it alot...

I didnt really have time to check out united sara, what is the difference?

hmm sounds promising...

must................... resist..............................

help.gif