Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Vietnam Island

Update:

Release!

I've finished my Island today. xmas_o.gif

When you download it, please note that this island is only playable with a viewdistance under 1000m (depending on the system)

Also I told that this Island will come with some missions/campaign, but due to some private time related reasons this won't happen soon. Same for support and bugfixes.

Download (Armedassault.info)

Download (Rapidshare)

Combat-Prison.net

You need this:

Jungle Pack by Linker Split

Note: This Island is filling your arma.rpt. So, if you're whining when something fills the arma.rpt, then just don't download it...

Here are some new pictures:

Map of Vietnam

In the Jungle

Some of Nui Pek:

http://home.arcor.de/armed.tactics/NewNuiPek1.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/armed.tactics/NewNuiPek2.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/armed.tactics/NewNuiPek3.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/armed.tactics/NewNuiPek4.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/armed.tactics/NewNuiPek5.jpg

Here you'll find some other - really old - pictures.

Very nice, at last some new objects.

By the way, Nui Pek? May be to much "Vietcong"? tounge2.gif

Since this is an Island, it won't be an authentic area of Vietnam. It's just jungle with some Villages made for some missions like jungle patrol, hold a base or clean the island from enemies. Perhaps this island will come with some Missions. Definitely some MP Coops.

And yes, it gets a bit laggy, but this depends as usual on the own hardware.

Btw: If Linker Split could update his junglepack, I'd be glad!

But remember: It's WIP, and since your crit I'll think over embedding Nui Pek in deeper Jungle.

So, if you have more crit/ideas, tell them! thumbs-up.gif

One question: why didn't the author just keep BIS palmtrees, they're much better than these low-poly trees?

Otherwise, great island!

Whys everyone critisizing?huh.gif?

Atleast hes giving it a hella good effort.

I can do with ANYTHING!!!

I think I will take up ArmA mapping once somebody makes a good tutorial on how to configure and, and how to make height maps.

LoL You Must Be A Vietcong Player  smile_o.gif

Vietcong? Viet Minh*

He talk about the video game "Vietcong".

<span style='font-size:7.3pt;line-height:100%'>*ignores all the bullshit posters about where the addon/island makers inspiration might have come from*</span>  icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice effort there Mondkalb!

The island and the objects are coming together nicely. Some suggestions for this nice island:

- Try to make the dirt wall objects more round a bit. They have somewhat sharp edges at the top of them. (they are pointy like mountains, instead of a bit round like mud piles.).

- Try to use some more undergrowth in the jungles. It makes a lot of difference if you have more undergrowth to walk through in contrast to here and there some bushes. Try to work in layers as well in the jungle. More lower plants combined with higher plants will dense the area and make the jungle more real. I know it's hard now as ArmA modding is just started really. And lag is a big issue especially with jungle environment as it also was/is in OFP. But try to find that balance there m8. You are well underway. Also use if you can some of the BIS palm tree's. Don't know if you have already. Why invent the wheel if it's already invented smile_o.gif

- Objects look to clean. But that's more of a texturing issue. Experience along the way of making them will teach you how to make them better.  wink_o.gif

All in all i would say it's a nice island so far and a nice effort in creating one. Keep up the difficult and good work you are doing!  thumbs-up.gif

Thanks!

And yes, I got maybe a way too much inspirated by Vietcong. But this doesn't matter.

The mudwalls around the camp are unluckily placed, they will definitely be updated and fixed.

Also thanks for your tip with the Palms, I'll see how they look in jungle, but the lag-factor is still making headaches, I hope this won't make the island unplayable...

So long and thanks for all the compliments!

Mondkalb: you're doing a great job! Can't wait to put my team on your isle :]

Btw: please use BIS rock formation objects with bushes, so you don't have too many open spaces. Rocks work really well in ArmA. And if you'll have time add more (more or less the same lookin'wink_o.gif villages for nice raid operations wink_o.gif

Nui Pek - the first thing i can think of is the game Vietcong tounge2.gif

But i'm really happy to get such a island! Vietnam is like hell and i love hell! wink_o.gif

Looks good. Good ole Nui Pek and Jarai ville. I know alot lot of people who'd love nothing but revisit Vietcong in ArmA. smile_o.gif