Sign in to follow this  
bigdog632

Arma:2 Operation Flashwave

i was searching on armaspy for a server and ran across this server it was running a test map and had placebo and suma in it

its specs were a 1024Mb connection with 2048 slots! can we join this or was this an accident it was made public?

It is still up Maybe i should make some visit there..... rofl.gifhttp://stats.swec.se/server/data/44036 They got negatives scores on those games... . Seriously why they cant let few member of communities play whit em?

edit1: one intrestign things I found also: Active Mods: CA;FDF_Sounds;ArmA2 its seems tthat they doesnt like to use ArmA orginal sounds or maybe FDF will make ArmA 2 sounds who knows?

edit1: one intrestign things I found also: Active Mods: CA;FDF_Sounds;ArmA2 its seems tthat they doesnt like to use ArmA orginal sounds or maybe FDF will make ArmA 2 sounds who knows?

LOL I was just about to mention that. ArmA 2 seems to be running on top of ArmA as a mod huh.gif Maybe they're just testing something for ArmA and wrote ArmA 2 as a joke tounge2.gif

The missions are on "SampleMap". The version of Rahmadi released as a sample map for Visitor 3 is called that whistle.gif

Seems to be ArmA, not ArmA 2 nener.gif

Bogus.

Does not correlate with known BIS IP address ranges, traces back to a personal DSL line in the greater Berlin/Hanover area in Germany.

Bogus.

Does not correlate with known BIS IP address ranges, traces back to a personal DSL line in the greater Berlin/Hanover area in Germany.

Yea you're right. Seems to be a joke. It's just a modfolder called "ArmA 2". rofl.gif

could be some guys just F-ing around. not that hard to change the server name and create/edit a profile and add change your name to placebo or suma.

just wait for it to come out in 2008 (which means 09  tounge2.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Bogus.

Maybe they found a publisher already in germany and a test server is part of the deal smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Most Played Missions

1 ArmA:2_submarines_1.1(D).SampleMap

2 l.SampleMap

3 ArmA:2_wildlifetest_0.8c.SampleMap

4 ArmA:2_dawn_of_the_bad.SampleMap

5 kl.SampleMap

Dont know what to think about that...

Submarines? tounge2.gif

2000+ slots? Sounds like an MMO. I'd pay $10 for continued/constant updates to arma.... that includes cheat prevention, and constant additions.

Imma serious enough ArmA player to commit to that.. Well, was a serious committed player until I got my new pc that doesn't work with Arma.

Anyways, I think it was a joke by suma and placebo to see how long it'd take anyone to notice.

I cant see any idea who else would play each mission 5 min and name those missions if not BIS devs? Maybe some1 make sick tease but there rly is no sense in that.

I cant see any idea who else would play each mission 5 min and name those missions if not BIS devs? Maybe some1 make sick tease but there rly is no sense in that.

Why would they be working on a sundaynight? huh.gif

How/why would Placebo even be in the game? As far as I am aware he's not based at the BIS offices at all this time and why would they go to the trouble of providing him with a work-in-progress version when they can just test it with someone else in house? I don't think it's in Placebo's job description to be playtesting the a game so far from release.

Im sure the guys behind this are laughing their asses off right now and feeling themselves all hail-to-the-king baby due to this thread and responses popping up rofl.gif

with bit of logic You can clearly see that IP block is not located anywhere near where BIS development is done ...

Nice Fake smile_o.gif

GERMANY BERLIN

Net Speed ISP Domain

- ARCOR-DSL-NET

*looks up, sees aircraft with large banner...

PWNED!!!

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Well done, did you guys see the map entry's, hahaah if only...

with bit of logic You can clearly see that IP block is not located anywhere near where BIS development is done ...

logic and i dont get along sometimes

In any case, Operation Flashwave sounds like a really cool name for a real sequel to OFP, Armed Assault just sounds banal.

It is a joke, unrelated to us.

(Note: Besides of other reasons mentioned, I am not even using Suma as a nick when testing multiplayer.)

(Note: Besides of other reasons mentioned, I am not even using Suma as a nick when testing multiplayer.)

Laugh, don't blame ya.

Nice Fake smile_o.gif

GERMANY BERLIN

Net Speed ISP Domain

- ARCOR-DSL-NET

We are damn funny folks here in B rofl.gif

wow its the lead programmer! notworthy.gif

can i help you testing arma2 someday? just PM me! smile_o.gif