Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

Lower Grass

A bit more explanation would be good. Does it work only client side? Do mission makers need to add anything to their missions for this to be enabled? Will this once added to my addons folder, make grass lower on all missions I play even if the server doesn't have the addon?

A bit more explanation would be good. Does it work only client side? Do mission makers need to add anything to their missions for this to be enabled? Will this once added to my addons folder, make grass lower on all missions I play even if the server doesn't have the addon?

It's just a client side addon, so no need for the server to have it or for the mission maker to add something to the mission.

Just be careful on PvP-Server (CTI,CTF,DM, etc). People could see that as some kind of cheating.

Great Addon, Hein!

Very useful, especially on North-Sahrani. thumbs-up.gif

MfG Medicus

Mail it to BIS and ask them to include it in 1.09.. im tired of playing with very low terrain detail.

I dont have much of a problem in south Sahrani but to play in the north i have to turn the grass off.

moved as author requested ...

anyway this addon 'shorten' grass so in theory it should increase FPS bit ...

donwloading for sure ! i'm tired of adding a periscope to my rifle when standing in prone

moved as author requested ...

anyway this addon 'shorten' grass so in theory it should increase FPS bit ...

not if he's just altered the texture so there's more alpha at the top of the grass - same amount of polys and same texture size

very simple concept but very cool none-the-less - great addon, I'll be using this one for sure

very nice project HeinBloed thumbs-up.gif

This could one of those mods that will change me from playing on very low terrain to low! Will check out soon, thanks man!

This is one of the things that I dislike about ArmA, you just can't see enough through the grass while the AI can see enough.

Just tried some missions and this definatly is the best thing since sliced bread... well nearly tounge2.gif

ArmA plays pretty different now but could it be this addon doesnt allow me to switch grass detail, or better said nothing happens?

Tried in the battlefields mission and nothing changed when i switched trough the grass detail settings... however i think the game really runs a bit smoother now.

Can anyone confirm whether or not it improves FPS performance? mixed messages so far on this thread.

I didnt measure frames but some pretty hardware hungry missions run better for me now.

Not everyone is a MP gamer believe it or not, besides that addon will be shown at mission start or at least there will be a modified file message so just dont play MP with someone who uses it.

Or BIS just includes this great addon or at least picks up the idea but i guess that is a thing we just see in ArmA2.

=- @ Sep. 15 2007,08:09)]awesome cheat! sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

pffff..

I really don't see understand why people always say the same thing! ITS NOT CHEAT! grrrr mad_o.gif

=- @ Sep. 15 2007,08:09)]awesome cheat! sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

pffff..

I really don't see understand why people always say the same thing! ITS NOT CHEAT! grrrr mad_o.gif

thnx will be using this, i play mainly MP but for me this is no cheat as i play coop mostly.

BTW hated the grass the day 1, i would understand if a tall weed might block ur view entirely, but 'cmon a simple grass can't obstruct

view like this.

would be cool if BIS would implement this in 1.09 welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif

Quote[/b] ]pffff..

I really don't see understand why people always say the same thing! ITS NOT CHEAT! grrrr

Technically speaking it is a cheat in any competative gamemode as it gives you a benefit over players who don´t use it. Easy as that.

While machinegunners with tall grass won´t see enough to make them efficient, with this mod you will be laying down and see enough.

This is why competative servers use a standard set of settings and anyone not running his client with the settings will not be able to play or disconnected right at the start when modified data are detected.

It has been like that since OFP, and it will always be that way for simple fairness reasons.

We had this debate before (disabled grass in MP competative gaming) and you know what stance the Arma community has on that issue. Just because you don´t agree, doesn´t make it right.

Still, I like the mod.

Very good work ! thumbs-up.gif