Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Doolittle CTI

Edit: map has changed somewhat. Now earn more money if you have more towns, and obj. is not to capture cities but destroy enemy base

Greetings,

I've been working on this mission off and on for about 3 months now & I figured I might as well release what I have so far.

Base

th_base.jpg

Here's a picture of the base and some of the buildings you can build

Map icons

th_map.jpg

Here's the building icons on the map. Note Tank Factory is black. This means it is too far from Power. Also, Camp, Repair truck, and Ural are too far from Power, but they don't require it! So they are green. Also see how I have moved my respawn point to the Respawn building.

This is my stab at CTI. The concept started as: people can join in progress so there really doesn't need to be a commander. That also removes the MHQ. So, here's how my map works:

Each team has a starting "base" that can't be destroyed (it's just a helipad) <s>and there are guards that respawn</s>. From here you can buy a truck that you can use to build a Barracks, Tank Factory, Airport, etc. You can drive the truck wherever you want on the island but you must make sure to build a transformer station near each building you make (or several buildings can share one power station). <s>When anyone on your team "captures" a city, you get a build point. These points are used to buy buildings.</s> You get money for captured cities. You cannot build buildings in cities. I wanted to remind you we are fighting amongst civilians and should try to control damage. <s>It will report if a civilian is killed anywhere on the island to every team playing.</s>

Just as I noticed guards they shot me

th_promote1.jpg

More enemy forces spotted in town

th_promote2.jpg

My base (Note arty and guard tower with turret)

th_promote3.jpg

You also earn money as time passes. <s>You earn the same amount of money no matter how many cities your team has. This is so that even if you're winning you don't just stomp on the enemy team. They have a fighting chance.</s> Spend your money on tanks, plans, troops.

JIP supported, AI as clients supported (they capture flags but they don't buy or make buildings at the moment)

I'm looking for feedback. Please help me balance the pricing on the stuff. Also, there are actually three teams (EDIT: two team map too), <s>though it's not recommended you play Independent as they have very little equipment. This should really be a battle between West and East. But Independent does have a good starting position on the map.</s>

Misc: If you make an AI wait for you, you can then have him drop off your list/disband. Teamswitch works, as you can click on your AI and you will switch spots with him. You can also build respawn points around the map. There is a radio tower building which has a big range so you can have troops parachute in where you are if you are far away from anything. You can build a camp which lets you hire mercenaries.

Edit:

Beta 30 - Removed locked veh. until can be fixed

Beta 29 - Removed Power building, added marker on spot when enemy spotted, unlock veh. if left locked for too long, fixed bad AI bug where if they had all flags they go into infinite thinking loop

Beta 28 - Removed some AI town spawn, cannot buy new Ural, msg when building is made, can now transfer funds, msg when enemy is spotted by teammates, can press T anywhere to open buy screen

Beta 27 - Towns give less money, more AI spawn in towns and stay in towns, vehicle lock

Beta 26 - Diff towns worth diff amount of money, AI spawns in heli/plane based on how many towns they control, added Cobra to res, ammo crate radio drop

Beta 25 - Build delay for aircraft and tanks, AI spawns in helicopters sometimes (if no humans on team)

Beta 24 - Can air drop cars, start with 1k (or 5k if Officer), MASH tents are now respawns, if playing OPFOR v. BLUFOR then all towns start with resistance, max AI per person reduced to 9

Beta 23 - Major change: only officers can build buildings. 1 per team. Now one mission allows you to select which sides human players can play on (all or OPFOR or BLUFOR & OPFOR, etc)

Beta 22 - Can win by capturing all cities

Beta 21 - woops! Dead veh. & soldier removal was broken.. fixed

Beta 20 - Fixed Dolores reinforcements going in water, made reinforcements only spawn in city that already has little troops in it (reduce lag)

Beta 19 - Removed 2 cities

Beta 18 - Less chance AI spawn with veh., fixed use of setVehicleInit now that I understand how it works better, time/weather sync well now

Beta 17 - City reinforcements, AI spawns in veh. if no human on their team

Beta 16 - Can switch with units again by clicking on them on the map, now all buildings count and must be destroyed, not just power buildings

Beta 14 - can pick how much money you get per city, removed "building destroyed" when you first join, removed "explosion noises" when you first join, added money hint saying how much you make over what time

Beta 13 - where teams start is hidden, no more "build points", more options for weapons from ammo depot, can buy any vehicle with crew

Beta 12 - the more cities you have the more cash you get, AI buys stuff from buildings now (but they don't build buildings)

Beta 11 - Big change: win condition is to eliminate all enemy buildings therefore each team will start with an already built Radio and Power building randomly placed near their base (buildings that count are only those that have electrical power!! ), added copilot to su34s, can't build in water, on game join move to base (if AI had wandered far away), release AI & get money back, cleanup of bodies & vehicles works better, rewrote briefing

Beta 10 - added repair and ammo to Indep. side (thanks for suggestion, Atticus of 88th) since they had no way to repair stuff! Also added some planes to Indep., added ACTION commands so when you get near a building it gives you a Use Building option since using the radio wasn't as obvious to new players

Beta 9 - added "Show range" radio button to show where you can't build, can't build in main base now, Indep. has Abrams and arty now

Beta 7 - can build from inside vehicle, no buildlist for respawn, extend radio range, buildings place slanted now

Beta 6 - map click on AI for switch works again, as well as moving respawn, also made helicopters pricier

Beta 5 - no more dialog popping up seemingly randomly

Beta 4 - adds crews to vehicles & pilots in planes which start in air. Plus you can build tower or fortress.

cti_60_doo_south_b30.zip 2 team map, 3 team map, & 1 team map (all on same map)

Doolittle

<s>P.S. I plan on making the AI buy stuff.. the scripts were actually written with this in mind from the start.</s>

yes sounds great if it can be used in coop mode (east comprised of all AI and west being human+AI)

I like the idea of being able to build mini-bases at/near captured flags and being able to respawn at those...at least it sounds like thats what you are inferring. Team respawn should be in there too i hope?

Id also like the ability to remotely buy and heli or truck transport new troops to your current location...perhaps via the radio.

Another thing id love to see in CTI is the ability to request a shuttle transport back to base (much like the one in Evolution SP) or a vehicle drop at least.

I think these features would cut out alot of the boredom associated with CTI.

good to see you Doolittle again and still work on your "dream" smile_o.gif

always liked your concept thumbs-up.gif

Sweet Dolittle one of the old scripting pro's. You made some sweet scripts for ofp back in the days inlove.gif Keep on rolling out the good stuff in Arma too thumbs-up.gif I like cti i just need to find some people to test this with smile_o.gif One thing i was tinking of was that in modern Rts games you got like tons of special abilities or support options or whatever, like calling air strikes or artillery strikes or just more soldiers or a small tank being para dropped in with a call on the radio or a click of a button biggrin_o.gif any chance you will do any of those things in the future in your cti?

I've put up a Beta 3 version that fixes the dialog screen popping up for everyone issue (hopefully). Could someone test and let me know if it works? (It should) You have to have someone else on the server use the building menu and if a dialog shows up on your screen then that's not right...

Doolittle

is there any documentation to explain how it all works and what to do?...i loaded it up using the LAN option but there's no options in the command menu and i cant figure out how to build anything or how to move the spawn point or any of the other things you mentioned.

Does this function as coop?

Thanks

It will work great as a coop in the future when I get the AI to buy stuff, but right now it's more a human team v. human team map.

Here's how you play: when you start you have no money and no build points... so take a vehicle near your base and go capture a city nearby. When that's done you'll have a build point and some money... go back to base and buy a Ural truck (yellow truck). Get in this puppy and drive it off somewhere to build a base... somewhere in mountains but away from civilian buildings. Now build a transformer (Power)... and to build more buildings you'll need to capture more cities to get more build points.

Maybe capture four flags in a row & buy a Respawn spot.. then on the map you can click on Respawn building and your respawn marker will move to it (assuming it has power from transformer that's nearby). This way when you die you'll respawn at your new base.

If you build a Repair Depot then you can buy an ammo truck to make artillery. Or buy a repair truck to build a campsite where you can hire mercenaries.

And if you made a Radio tower you can "use" this building from half way across the map to call in paratroops.

Your "use building" command is found on the Map menu... on the radio. Or you can use the keyboard and type 0-0-1 (without the "-").

Also if you leave the AI on they will currently run off and capture flags (and earn you build points)... whenever someone else captures a town you get a point too.

If you buy soldiers from the barracks, you can tell them to run off to a town somewhere. When they are really far away, you can click on their icon on the map and switch spots with them! This is a real time saver...!!

Doolittle

good job ill give it a try and post feed back ASAP

thanks for this notworthy.gif

BUG: - When there is multiple players in one team, and one of those activates the diologue they all get the diologue on there screens.

BUG: - Diologue Just Random Popup at differnt intervals also, i had my tail rotor shot out and a D poped up and i crashed to the ground. wink_o.gif

new twist to CTI.... sounds like fun thumbs-up.gif

i'll throw it up on my squads server and see how it plays.

thanks doolittle smile_o.gif

Ahh! I can't believe I missed that.

Okay, radio dialog popping up when other teammates use it.. is stopped. I had left out a critical piece of code. Check it out in Beta 5.

Thanks!

Doolittle

yo nice idea !!

i tested it on our server.

1.respawn change didnt work (only once happend)

2.chopper respawned in airfac so not easy to come out

3.jip works great

4.using building should be directly on buildings not over map

do troopswitch only work when you have ai near a base ?

greetz Muecke

yo nice idea !!

i tested it on our server.

1.respawn change didnt work (only once happend)

2.chopper respawned in airfac so not easy to come out

3.jip works great

4.using building should be directly on buildings not over map

do troopswitch only work when you have ai near a base ?

greetz Muecke

You have to build a Respawn building as well as Power nearby. Buildings only "work" if Power is near. Then you have to click on that particular building on the map to assign your respawn there.. you will see the respawn marker move. This is so you can have several Respawn buildings and move the marker around. If a building has no power then it will be marked on the map as black instead of green.

Choppers spawn in front of you when you are buying something... so maybe you were facing towards the hangar. Face toward an open area instead. This actually gives you more control on where it spawns in... rather then having it just spawn in front of the building.

Remember you can "use" a building by typing 0-0-1.. you don't need to go to the map to use the radio. This way you can buy stuff while in a vehicle, or even use the Radio antennae building from half way across the map.

Troop switch should work on any squad AI you click on. You will change spots with them as well as weapons. For example, if you spawned a plane with a pilot in it, it will spawn in the air, right? Then you could just switch with that pilot by clicking on them on the map and... walla! you're in the air without having to try to take off.

Doolittle

There have came many CTI missions to arma but sad almost all of em just forgotten now. Maybe this game isnt good to PvP so coop CTI will be that what need to against evo.

There have came many CTI missions to arma but sad almost all of em just forgotten now. Maybe this game isnt good to PvP so coop CTI will be that what need to against evo.

I was thinking about this the other day. The movements and other things with this game has made PvP not as fun as OFP.

Thats why CTF isnt popular nor CTI. Also we have had issues trying to convert the old cti missions because of JIP.

Basically you have to start from scratch to implement JIP and the cleaner syntax SQF.

I was converting MFCTI and I got as far as JIP and couldnt get it working but the mission still works but COOP is more fun.

Evolution basically has taken over. If any of these new players experienced CTI like in OFP I think that would be the most played mission.

As soon as Mike Melvin finishes MFCTI I then some guys from RN (Russin) including myself will start matches like we did in OFP.

I remember the good old days like RN, Kaos, 88th, UN, would play against eachother.

winter season is better for gaming to cold to do anything else ive been busy working and doing shit outside while it is warm outside

now time to start a CTI game rofl.gif

I'm hoping this statement from here:Source

Quote[/b] ]Editing

Good news for all the creative people around is that it will be very easy to port any custom work from ARMA to ARMA 2, much easier than from Operation Flashpoint..

makes things easier for those working on cti's..especially coop

just uploaded the newest version to the 88th server: Beta 7

tested out beta 5 and 6 with atticus,binkster and doolittle. few key items have been fixed (respawn, prices and a few other things as well)

even after testing 2 beta versions that had some kind of big bugs in it i still say Doolittle made an outstanding map.

like i said in my early post this this thread, its a huge twist on CTI. its more "arcadish" and a lot more town and AI oriented with "teamswitch" (which i freak'n love to death! nothing like having a whole squad of AI at the enemy base or at a town that is currently being contested by an opposing force. attacking the enemy... die... respawn and then teamswitch to your ai still at the town and continuing the fight)

this map will most likely become a common sight on the 88th server.

way to go Doolittle notworthy.gif

ok ok ok

we tested it again on our server but same problems.

-the respawn markers didnt work.(and its not easy to see the marker cause of the other markers)

-switching soldiers only sometimes works

-when iam in the startbase after death i try to get a new buildtruck but allways stuck on heavyfactory.

ppl allways interested in this mission going on to connect...thats nice to see !!!

Muecke banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Muecke, what version did you play? Before Beta 7 there was a problem with mapclick where the distance from where you clicked to where the AI or respawn point was.. was done wrong. It didn't take into account altitude. That is fixed now.

Doolittle

I will go online and try sometime.I am more interested in a SP/Lan version tho.

Something I can play at home by myself and on ocassion with my son lanplay.

I made one very complex one for myself many moons ago for OFP I never released (constantly worked on it)

Maybe I will give it another shot Arma style sometime.

And like Russin said...winter coming soon , I will have more time.

edit: I went online earlier...didn't see the mission.

I only played online for a bit, tards came locked up my computer ,had to reboot and caused disk errors.I am leary of online missions now.Could you please make offline version too?

beta 9 is currently uploaded onto the 88th server.

i'll test it out tomorrow once i get off work or if the community wants to get a head start and start finding bugs then be my guest thumbs-up.gif

*runs off to restart server to finish the upload*

great job ! i tested it a bit. a great hope for all CTierz , let' s hope CTI will again come back to the scene