Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

Picture

I don't know why, but every time I see this pic I keep thinking to myself: Firing TOWs across that landscape is gonna be really fun!

Also it looks like sattelite data was used to create the island... i reckon it will be an adapted version of a real island =)

Wow, good on ya BIS for continuing to move forward!

I'm all for it if it is still hardcore for the PC, has Urban team capable AI, and multi threading. I'll buy.

Would be groundbreaking if BIS makes for ArmA users an kind of upgrade-tool in ArmA 2!!! That will get the opportunity for addon makers to make more final addons/mods etc. in ArmA now!!

But lets wait for more classified infos about ArmA 2 - still there is "consumer-oriented marketing" = Let's get the crowd talk & discuss about it!

Looks pretty much the same as Arma 1 but with new skins.

This announcement certainly explains the lack of tools, lack of anticheat and lack of devs on the forum recently.

The hind on that screenshot looks absolutely fantastic.

Have a closer look.

yeah, indeed..

not so sure about the trees.. they look odd.. reminds me the crappy old ARMA very low settings on vegetation and very low texture..

edit: and notice the fog in viewdistance is still there.. confused_o.gif

edit: and notice the fog in viewdistance is still there..  confused_o.gif

No i think that there is no fog bug.This is how is your view in real life.

edit: and notice the fog in viewdistance is still there.. confused_o.gif

No i think that there is no fog bug.This is how is your view in real life.

What would be nice is if the fog occluded the sky as well as the terrain. Looks a wee bit silly as is...

Not even real life has infinite view distance because of the atmosphere

deltaker_k6.jpg

Not even real life has infinite view distance because of the atmosphere

http://www.x-plore.no/photos/deltaker_k6.jpg

psst..

don't compair.. in your pic i would say you have like 30 to 40km view distance in straight line..

in ArmA hind pic you have like 4 or 5 km.. tops

that hind pic didn't really impressed me at all.

I really dont understand the point of these "old" crappy pics in a new official website.

Yeah it beats me as well, same as releasing WIP images that the community will most surely gripe about.

On that note, depending on the ArmA 2 development status, can BIS please slap an Alpha, Beta or Work In Progress watermark on all future screen releases.

Quoting myself AGAIN.

Because 99.99999% of the population "DEMANDS" screenshots. A plain text release would have been met with even worse reaction.

smile_o.gif

Quoting myself AGAIN.
Because 99.99999% of the population "DEMANDS" screenshots. A plain text release would have been met with even worse reaction.

smile_o.gif

yeah i agree, but ARMA1 pics?! whats the point?

why not release OFP pics instead or 1st posseidon..?

I Notice something odd in all this "era"

*era - OFP2 have some particular effects that look really similar to the ones that BIS used in ARMA. Notice in the black dragon video, the m1a1.. it as the same glow.. reflection on steel.

anyway, what i would like to refer is that Codeshaka are 1 point ahead BIS.. they have better pics, a nice demo video. BIS should do some move about this "era" or they will be in 2nd place..

ps- Would be nice to have More info about what they really plan to do. Features, more serious pics, demo video.. bla bla

...judging only from pictures and teasers is a little bit starry-eyed or naive. Remember all entertainment companys have to sell something and those with the "greatest" advertisement wins the most customers.

Quoting myself AGAIN.

smile_o.gif

There was a tad bit of sarcasm in that post.

I know the vicious cycle, the community gripe about WIP images and yet they demand images as if its their right to see and know everything before the game is even out.

As for the video, I highly doubt that was ingame footage, the reflection of steel in Arma is due to specular maps, same with that.

If the trailer isn't CGI and is ingame footage then well...its hard to say anything because nothing is really known, out of the year/s this is the first hint of anything from "OFP2". (I'm pretty sure the trailer is CGI and NOT ingame, note the M1A1?'s treads, http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1408/1200070603_7f8313d0c3.jpg?v=0 their modelled, that kind of detail would be suicidal for a game model.)

As for its looks...I feel like I'm staring at a well done water painted painting then a hint of reality, so Arma may not have the most fancy graphics, it seems that great graphics=too shiny by todays standards.

Not to mention that something like this would most likely be for the xbox360.

Hmm Arma 2... I dont know what to say, I wish BiS fix issues in Arma before going full out on another game. I dont mind a Arma 2 just fix Arma while u are at it.

Hmm Arma 2... I dont know what to say, I wish BiS fix issues in Arma before going full out on another game. I dont mind a Arma 2 just fix Arma while u are at it.

ArmA was only ment to hold us over.

So ArmA was actually OFP1.5 and ArmA 2 will be the true OFP2

I think that was the orginal design philosphy with ArmA. It was meant to bring the orginal OPF upto the standard of what was achieved in OPF:elite on the Xbox. The early builds of it were essentially OPF:Elite on Sahrani. But in the end it turned out to be more then that. Maybe we should consider it OPF 1.7

So ArmA was actually OFP1.5 and ArmA 2 will be the true OFP2

I think that was the orginal design philosphy with ArmA. It was meant to bring the orginal OPF upto the standard of what was achieved in OPF:elite on the Xbox. The early builds of it were essentially OPF:Elite on Sahrani. But in the end it turned out to be more then that. Maybe we should consider it OPF 1.7

I disagree with this statement. Its NOT much more then that... its OFP:Elite with a couple more engine fixes, new moddels, and somewhat better graphics. But other then its slightly improved look... its just Flashpoint. Theres nothing diffrent between Flashpoint and ArmA at the gameplay level. Thats hopefully where ArmA2 will differ.....

I think its time for everyone to forget "game 2" already..

Everything we saw of game 2 was present in Arma (graphics)!

Everything else was just ideas, possibilities and lots of speculation.

Arma came out with what BIS had at the time (in working shape.. more or less).

Arma II will be a sequel and it should come out with whatever they manage to do with/for it by the time of its release. We dont know whats planned yet.

Maybe it will have a dynamic campaign with rpg elemets and maybe it wont, just because this was planned by the time "game 2" was anounced doesnt mean the idea wasnt dropped a long time ago.

So dont start spreading that: "Arma II will be this and have this and that.." again goodnight.gif .

Hmm, who else is with me that we need a totally different setting, it seems that BIS devs are obsessed with cold wars and communism, If you're going to have a US vs Russia why not have Russia invade the US?

Would be better to see other units aswell as US and Russia, what about China, Iran, United Kingdom, Canada, Korea, Israel e.t.c?

We need more urban/desert environments, a setting like Iraq or Iran perhaps, but thinking about it some of BIS are properly too OTT politically correct to even consider it, which is a shame as the places in the world where it would be sold don't censor as much as where they come from e.g. Germany...