Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

b) are you honestly telling me that a computer game company is not allowed to release a sequel in 2 years time? How long must they wait? What's acceptable? Because most other game franchises push thier games out alot quicker than that.

Err, Pathy :

Some of us may have really well paying jobs, some of us may have paying jobs, some of us may have to rely on mummy and daddy for our games. Some of us feel that given Armed Assault's current bug list and state, the last thing we want to hear is the announcement of a sequel, just 7 months after the initial release wink_o.gif

Seriously... It feels like BIS are taking the p*ss, that they know that their main customers are OFP vets who will leap head first into the shops the second anything with BIS written on the box appears on the shelves.

No company, businessman, entrepreneur, etc with the slightest bit of common sense would start work on a new project, when his latest one is getting slated left right and centre for all sorts of reasons (all you have to do is compare the "ArmA is a disappointment" thread with the "Arma is great" thread) , and just a matter of weeks after announcing another project (QG)...

So to answer your question ;

One

Thing

At

A

Time

Good news, both ArmA II and the tools.

I'd like to see a feature list though, not further screenshots.

I have no interest in graphics - none. Arma is Operation Flashpoint. Gameplay is exactly the same. And that's fine, it's what I expected.

With Game 2\ArmA 2 though, we need to see some progression on the gameplay front - improved AI, vehicle controls that (specifically armour) are closer to a sim, and additional features beyond what can be achieved by the community through scripting.

But 14 pages of accusations and people threatening to 'jump ship' (go ahead smiley, you will not be missed) based off assumptions is utter bullshit.

I thought you would open your trap. This is a public forum and we are debating personnel views. If you don’t agree with what I say, use your head and ignore it.

I don’t want to think that I am so important your thinking about me and how people will miss me! bless inlove.gif

It’s just a game, and I am not going to worry myself overt it, however some people are loyal community members and not just “usersâ€

I did post my thoughts, like you and everyone else here.

I would watch it though pathy, don’t want to see you getting a warning box!

End

Some of us feel that given Armed Assault's current bug list and state, the last thing we want to hear is the announcement of a sequel, just 7 months after the initial release

So while some here insist it's their freedom of speech to complain about screenshots for a game WIP still over a year away, others maintain that those with actually something to say should shut up. SNAFU.

Seriously... It feels like BIS are taking the p*ss, that they know that their main customers are OFP vets who will leap head first into the shops the second anything with BIS written on the box appears on the shelves.

Oh no, not another title from a company with a great track record biggrin_o.gif

No company, businessman, entrepreneur, etc with the slightest bit of common sense would start work on a new project, when his latest one is getting slated left right and centre for all sorts of reasons (all you have to do is compare the "ArmA is a disappointment" thread with the "Arma is great" thread) , and just a matter of weeks after announcing another project (QG)...

I guess you don't know too much about how a development house makes products.

So to answer your question ;

One

Thing

At

A

Time

Which I guess would be to fix the things you don't like. Well I say that a sufficiently professional development house can work on more than one thing at a time. It's just as well for everyone who'd like to see new releases of anything smile_o.gif

In one hand I have yesterday's 16 page rant about BIS abandomming ArmA for ArmA 2 and in my other hand I have today's released tools. Somehow my first hand feels light, like it's holding nothing but hot air. I'm quite fast to jump the gun, today I'm happy that I didn't say anything yesterday, that today's news puts to shame.

#1 BIS is working on ArmA 2, good news.

#2 BIS releases tools for ArmA. good news.

#3 Placebo posted, hurrah!

I cant believe you guys.....admit the only reason alot of us brought ArmA was thinking about the future possibilitys, about having a well supported and solid game. Its been over 8 months since the initial release of ArmA and we're still wondering where the tools are and why we only seem to get the odd patch every few months.

And now we know why right....Im glad some of you can see this for what it is and the whole "No-one forced you to buy this game" bs is laughable.

How long between OFP release and tools release?

*sigh*

...You know what... forget it. hah I could go on but ofcourse mongo like candy.

I know it's cheap, but I can't miss that (all done tongue in cheek, m8 smile_o.gif ) :

You know what? Forget it. hah I could go on but ofcourse mongo like candy

There is still some faith that can be placed in BI. Not much perhaps, but more than most think.

Im not angry at any of you guys, but sometimes it feels like being a community member of BIS is more difficult then trying to keep Amy Winehouse in rehab.

More up's and downs then a yo-yo.

Im not angry at any of you guys, but sometimes it feels like being a community member of BIS is more difficult then trying to keep Amy Winehouse in rehab.

More up's and downs then a yo-yo.

Indeed.

But that don't mean I can't rejoice when good news come in, does it? smile_o.gif

This is interesting news.

Can you confirm; is this Game 2?

Those screens made me cum. Good job, BIS! I will buy collector's edition as I did with Arma!

This could have gone a whole lot better if BIS didn't publicise a ball-park release date. Surely they could have learned that one from just about every mod and addon maker here. biggrin_o.gif

This announcement hasn't shown me anything to get excited over, since it's almost entirely visual, and currently there's not that much that sets it apart from ArmA at decent settings. However, I'm not deterred since there's not really anything

concrete in announcement that disappoints me, I've had a lot of fun playing ArmA and I generally accepted its limitations, even if I do get a bit frustrated by some of them.

Currently, the information provided on this game leaves me wondering what makes it a sequel to ArmA worthy of ArmA's stature as the sequel to OFP given it's visual and technical advances over it's predecessor. Honestly though, I haven't been shown the anything of the gameplay; refinements to the core engine nor how the player interacts with the game environment this time. This is what will define this game as a sequel to ArmA for me, not what it looks like.

As a result, it's unreasonable for me to speculate that BIS haven't made any significant advances over ArmA, simply based on the visual similarities. There are certain features of ArmA 2 that I'll be sorely disappointed about if they're overlooked, but as yet there's nothing to suggest these wont be there.

Quote[/b] ]This is interesting news.

Nope this is ArmA 2

please, please, please, please, pleeeasee

Make the vehicles like 2009!!!!!

And dont mismatch army/marine corps vehicles

I know it will be fixed as soon as the tools are out, but come on, you guys know military stuff as good as the community???

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif Still it looks notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm hoping for that too, or maybe Army/Marines are jointed together in a few years lol

...United States Marine Corpse...

Maybe it's a zombie game. smile_o.gif

Also, everyone going hyper like this over a few crappo

screenshots is great entertainment, please continue!

I would watch it though pathy, don’t want to see you getting a warning box!

End

Ouch, that's me told. It's ok, i'm sorry, i'll back off, I don't want any extreme countermeasures launched at me, let alone to see you giving me a warning level...

Pathy +1 WL Flamebaiting

Smiley_Nick +1 WL Flamebaiting

Can we all keep it civil please. Next digression will equal a WL and a PR.

Quote[/b] ]This is interesting news.

Nope this is ArmA 2

Well ArmA 2 = Game 2 wink_o.gif

Confusing confusing.

So now theres 2 Game 2's? oh this is fun! biggrin_o.gif

...Wait, surely ArmA 2 would be classed as Ofp 1.8? tounge2.gif