Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

Matt, cant be signed again..Error:Stored and calculated hash dont match.

Did you do it on purpose? Signature verifying servers need to repbo and redistribute it to be able to use it..i believe it is bad thing to have versions around. Or wont sign at all sad_o.gif .Just a thought.

Weird. Might be because I pack the *.pbo file with Eliteness. I can't get BinPBO Personal Edition to work, just gives me an error. I'll try running through a command line and packing to *.pbo with them that way. And then I'll sign the addon.

As a temporary solution try repacking the addon with another tool, I don't mind you redistributing a repacked version for your server.

I'll try to do something about it. I think I'll sign it myself.

I love the updates. Nice new explosion effects and fire! My prayers have been answered biggrin_o.gif !

However, SIX_Tracers wont work anymore =\

Get the latest version, you must be using an older version of the 6thsense mod pack. It works fine for me with the latest version.

Wicked job as usual Matt, hats off!

PS, dont confuse ppl with naming the 6thSense.eu "Pack1" as "6thSense Mod Pack", as there's a 6thSense.eu Mod aswell smile_o.gif :P

Also matt, a suggestion:

Maybe move the firedEh code into a function, which you call based on the if condition that you have already in the fired eh.

This way, you dont fill the fired eh full with code, that only is needed when the weapon had "Matt_Backblast" == 1.

Same for Matt_TankFlash.

Also, the private variable "_sh", should be privated inside the firedEventhandler code { }, or when you are using the inside a function as suggested above, you would need to define it private there.

Not inside the Init_Tank.sqf scope itself.

Also, you didn't create a private array for the private variables inside AirFlameTrail.sqf, as you are using quite commonly used names for the variables, this might create weird situations where other scripts do define them as private (or not), and as such they might conflict and create weird happenings in either scripts.

wow nice job

Can You Add stuff like when a plane crashes it does not leave a empty model just alot of parts all over the ground???

and if a tank gets hit you see parts all over the ground lol

My god the explosions are sexy biggrin_o.gif

Amazing work notworthy.gif

Shall post some pics or even a video some time tonight or tomorow.

Get the latest version, you must be using an older version of the 6thsense mod pack. It works fine for me with the latest version.

I just got the latest version, testing now.

Is there any way to run this mod without a separate shortcut?

Could you make one? I don't give a crap if it replaces something.

...I'll try to do something about it. I think I'll sign it myself.

No hurries..its time to get the feedbacks first...

Kegety's arma launcher..

Put it in your "bohemia interactive\Arma\addons" folder the effects and event handler pbos.

@hypno Im guessing you could probably just put the files in the arma/addons folder instead of in a mod folder. But I dont know why you would want to do that. Not hard to create a shortcut or edit the existing one you use........

Matt, I am curious, is the AT rocket 'meant' to have a tracer attached to it?

Hypno Toad,

You may want to use the ArmA launcher. It makes things easier when you encounter loading CTD's for certain missions. After a while with EvoSP and Dynamic War, etc. it "can" be a bitch some times loading from the desktop.

Especially if you are using other AddOns/Mods with ArmA Effects, those missions at times may not handle the combinations.(the few extra variables AE adds , I think)

The launcher makes it a hell'uva lot faster/easier to "turn a few AddOns off" and thus continue playing from the last backed up save that will load.

Just a suggestion from much experience.

Edit: But, if my memory serves me well, I think I read somewhere that patch 1.09 may fix the CTD pain in the ass that can happen when loading large, busy missions like those. If I wasn't dreaming and that fix is coming in a future patch, it wont be necessary to easily "turn off" AE

sweet new update yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

sorry but i just have to ask here, does the new six_tracers version work as a standalone, or is it just another mod where u have to place gamelogic on map manually.

PS, dont confuse ppl with naming the 6thSense.eu "Pack1" as "6thSense Mod Pack", as there's a 6thSense.eu Mod aswell smile_o.gif :P

Oh yea, well I guess I got a bit confused with the names myself tounge2.gif

Also matt, a suggestion:

Maybe move the firedEh code into a function, which you call based on the if condition that you have already in the fired eh.

This way, you dont fill the fired eh full with code, that only is needed when the weapon had "Matt_Backblast" == 1.

Same for Matt_TankFlash.

Also, the private variable "_sh", should be privated inside the firedEventhandler code { }, or when you are using the inside a function as suggested above, you would need to define it private there.

Not inside the Init_Tank.sqf scope itself.

Also, you didn't create a private array for the private variables inside AirFlameTrail.sqf, as you are using quite commonly used names for the variables, this might create weird situations where other scripts do define them as private (or not), and as such they might conflict and create weird happenings in either scripts.

I'll do all that. I just got a bit lazy and wanted to release this version. Don't think I'll have much free time for a while sad_o.gif

I'll improve that all. I also should use the extended fired eventhandlers instead of adding them in an init script.

Can You Add stuff like when a plane crashes it does not leave a empty model just alot of parts all over the ground???

and if a tank gets hit you see parts all over the ground lol

I am not going to remove the plane model because of the reasons stated earlier. Adding pieces of metal is a possibility though, I might do that.

Shall post some pics or even a video some time tonight or tomorow.

Cool smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No hurries..its time to get the feedbacks first...

Sure, and to sort this out crazy_o.gif Even if I can't get it running, I could use a command line or, if I really need to, use another PC. But I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Matt, I am curious, is the AT rocket 'meant' to have a tracer attached to it?

Doubt it. May be a bug with the tracers combined with NWD ballistics, only noticed it after I installed the ballistics mod. Anyway, Sickboy does the tracers, not me. I never changed anything like that in my mod.

Edit: But, if my memory serves me well, I think I read somewhere that patch 1.09 may fix the CTD pain in the ass that can happen when loading large, busy missions like those. If I wasn't dreaming and that fix is coming in a future patch, it wont be necessary to easily "turn off" AE

Correct, it's listed as a fix in 1.09 on the bugtracker.

Quote[/b] ]sorry but i just have to ask here, does the new six_tracers version work as a standalone, or is it just another mod where u have to place gamelogic on map manually.

Would make sense to post that in the thread for the 6thsense Pack 1 thread, I don't make the tracers.

Anyway to answer your question, you don't need a gamelogic. It's a mod, so you just install it and it works.

Downloading your new version now biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

By the way, on the topic of plane crashes/explosions etc, i think MaddogX created a script a while ago which added debris and better in air explosions and stuff, maybe it could be of use to you for having parts/debris spread over the ground?

I havent got a direct link but it should be somewhere in the ArmA Scripting section of the board =)

Keep it up man, this is keeping my interest in ArmA atm biggrin_o.gif

Awesome work !

All the effects are made via config ? How you made it ? i mean effect's script can be edited in game, but with config effects you have to relaunch arma.. sad_o.gif Have you got a way to convert scripted effect in the config easily ?

There're new drop textures in the addon - where you get them ? We used some from CoD 2 in Liberation Mod long ago smile_o.gif

I know there're big professional effects packs, but never got one sad_o.gif

+in ofp drop particle was mapped with one texture and then animated via replacing this texture. In arma i see there's one big texture - how drop model have to be mapped for correct animation ?

By the way, on the topic of plane crashes/explosions etc, i think MaddogX created a script a while ago which added debris and better in air explosions and stuff, maybe it could be of use to you for having parts/debris spread over the ground?

I know about MaddogX's stuff. Didn't see him release anything though. I do want to improve these effects, I'll create my own effects if I can't get his.

All the effects are made via config ? How you made it ? i mean effect's script can be edited in game, but with config effects you have to relaunch arma.. sad_o.gif Have you got a way to convert scripted effect in the config easily ?

Most effects are done with config editing, a few (tank muzzleflash, aircraft flame/smoke trail and AT backblast) are scripted.

No easy way to edit config effects that I found, just the old repack mod, then re-launch game method crazy_o.gif

I have used CSL's particle param tool a bit to find the right colour for a couple of them though, and it helped with the scripted effects. It's an excellent tool.

Quote[/b] ]There're new drop textures in the addon - where you get them ? We used some from CoD 2 in Liberation Mod long ago smile_o.gif

I know there're big professional effects packs, but never got one sad_o.gif

The textures are by DMarkwick, taken from his mod with permission. We share some stuff between our mods.

Quote[/b] ]+in ofp drop particle was mapped with one texture and then animated via replacing this texture. In arma i see there's one big texture - how drop model have to be mapped for correct animation ?

It's one big texture with a grid, each grid block being one frame of the animation. Guess it's better for performance to load a single texture.

Some info here in the "ShapeName" part. The particle array in ArmA was adapted to this. You can find the correct numbers by either looking at the texture file and counting the rows and columns or dropping the whole particle in the editor (easiest to use CSL's tool for this).

Quote[/b] ]The textures are by DMarkwick, taken from his mod with permission. We share some stuff between our mods.

and he got it from ... ?

Quote[/b] ]It's one big texture with a grid, each grid block being one frame of the animation. Guess it's better for performance to load a single texture.

Some info here in the "ShapeName" part

thanks. nice link.  

Quote[/b] ]tank muzzleflash, aircraft flame/smoke trail and AT backblast are scripted

what about MP compability ? no problems ?

What i'm missing at the moment is good effect for heavy shell/mortar. you know smth like this

00631660yd0.th.jpg

It can be done with a lot of standart particles, but will be to luggy i guess. So  would be supreme  if new drop can be found/made.  wink_o.gif

I wonder if ParticleIllusion or smth can be used... smile_o.gif

+I'd like to see another tank fire effects - with not that much (and height) of fire and a lot of dark smoke. imho it will look more real

I know about MaddogX's stuff. Didn't see him release anything though. I do want to improve these effects, I'll create my own effects if I can't get his.

I have (and still use) MaddogX's effects scripts. I can send you it if you'd like. Or, more likely, temporarily host it until you download it.

You'll be looking at making a client-side addon only though, similar to how mine works right now, which in likelyhood won't be completely MP friendly - which is OK in this case as there's no real player advantage/disadvantage compared to say my smoke effects.

Very nice pack.

Played with it yesterday for quite some time, but maybe something changed since yestarday or I just haven't realized it:

Unbenannt.jpg

You have tweaked the bullet impact ... is this how it is meant to look?

and does the impact "smoke-dust-size" depends on how strong a bullet is?

MGs will have even BIGGER DustClouds.

It is just a personal thing, but I think they are (when near to the player) far to big.

Are these the effects found under "ImpactSandBlow1-3" huh.gif

and can I change them by changing the SIZE-parameter?

Will try it.

THX for the pack. REALLY NICE and makes combat more excieting.

Regards benus

Quote[/b] ]The textures are by DMarkwick, taken from his mod with permission. We share some stuff between our mods.

and he got it from ... ?

I make 'em.

and he got it from ... ?

What i'm missing at the moment is good effect for heavy shell/mortar. you know smth like this

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00631660yd0.jpg

It can be done with a lot of standart particles, but will be to luggy i guess. So would be supreme if new drop can be found/made. wink_o.gif

I said by DMarkwick wink_o.gif He made them. I don't know how, I'm no texture artist.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]tank muzzleflash, aircraft flame/smoke trail and AT backblast are scripted

what about MP compability ? no problems ?

Possibly. Haven't noticed any, I have played a bit online with it. The aircraft fireball might not work on non-local aircraft though. Since I add the killed eventhandler through an init script it should show up correctly, but I haven't had a chance to test that. It wont bother other players, it doesn't (well, as far as I can see) execute any code on their machines.

Quote[/b] ]

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00631660yd0.jpg

It can be done with a lot of standart particles, but will be to luggy i guess. So would be supreme if new drop can be found/made. wink_o.gif

I want to do something like that for tank shells. ArmA doesn't have any mortars though. DMarkwick has a nice dirt particle which he uses in his mod for tank shells. Maybe I'll use that.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]+I'd like to see another tank fire effects - with not that much (and height) of fire and a lot of dark smoke. imho it will look more real

I made that effect pretty quickly. Will probably tweak it more.

Edit 2:

@benus: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll work on it.

Changing the size parameter only changes the size of the actual particle. Not the whole effect. It is the "sandblow" effects you mentioned.

If you tweak it to something you like, you can post the code here and I'll look at it myself - maybe use it for the next release.

Edit 3: PM'd DMarkwick.