Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Thanks Steve, I've actully tried that but I seem to be having trouble with editing my shortcut target. I have this

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe"-mod=@CSM

which points to my directory but when I enter this as a shortcut it tells me the name in the target box in not valid.

Hi Stratocastor man,

The problem is simple, "-mod=@CSM, there should be a space between the " and the - .

That has to be it.

ahhhh ty. I hope this comes with a read-me so others can do the same.

I would advise anyone who is considering DL 2 or more mods to get

ArmA Launcher. It will save you having many shortcuts on your destop. You can also use it to launch straight into a server with the correct mods and password if needed.

Agreed with the above:

Link for you all who are interested:

http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/armalauncher111.zip

Agreed!

You will not believe that amount of times i've posted a link to Kegetys Arma Launcher in these forums? crazy_o.gif

Ppl just dont get it! wink_o.gif

I actually find easiers to just use a modfolder..

Whaa? You still have to create the mod folder for it as normal.. it just gives u a GUI so you can enable/disable addons without having to edit your shortcut and you dont have to have multiple shortcuts for different combinations.

I dont see how the shortcut method is any easier tbh! :P

I've been using kegetys launcher, but somehow I find it easier just to use modfolder, a single click on the arma launcher launches all the mods I want to use.

I bet if u want to use different mods at different time, kegetys comes handy, but as for me I just crank all the mods to modfolder.

ArmA Launcher works fine for me, much more simple than editing the MOD folders all the time. On topic, do people have trouble telling where they've been shot from, and what with when using this MOD, when compared with the Vanilla ArmA sounds?

Yeah i do Infamous, it may be that the sounds are softer or something, but i find it harder to distinguish the direction of the sound, i tested this myself yesterday, switched to FDF and i could track people by sound much more easily.

huh.gif seems the sound is wrong on volume, you are firing, but the gun is far away from your position. shouldn't be the much louder than other positions?

or my setting problem? but FDF sound work fine.

Guys...

i'm gonna update ya on a few things here...

-We are fixing all Gun sounds, volume and fixing echos.

-Adding vehicle sounds.

-We are switching out alot of the gun sounds that you hear with better ones.

-We are adding features that i cant talk about.

-It will sound almost like a brandnew game when you hear v1.0

These "Features" i say, shall be interesting to hear, is all i can say.

yeah, its gonna be alot better.. i'm talking to chammy about releasing a "Progress/New features" video... so you know we are working on it.

Thanks Even,

Yes, current progress will and can be viewed in an upcoming clip by ArmaVidz soon, the status of the mod is a bit slowed this week due to family issues on my end which require attention right now, nothing serious, I just had another court session that I had to take care of, the typical life bogger, soaks tons of energy from you. but anyways, right now I've been testing new sounds to see how they fit in with the game and volumes, Durq has been cooking up configs for the next beta and Even and ArmVidz been chillin with the graphics and vidz.

more beer!! thumbs-up.gif

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but there's a bug with the M16A4_GL entry in the config. You've extended the M16A4_ACG_GL class instead of the M16A4_GL class, which means that the M16A4_GL grenade launcher has the old sounds, and the M16A4_ACG_GL has a broken grenade launcher.

It also conflicts with any other mod that tries to extend the M16A4_ACG_GL class.

Keep up the great work, to the team thats involved in making this great sound mod. I recomed it to all biggrin_o.gif Keep up the good work m8ts, and take your time, the longer you take to perfect things, the better they will be.

Cheers

FlyinBullets

Great sound mod guys, keep up the good work. smile_o.gif

Sounds like the next release will be awesome!

yeah i can't wait to hear V1.0 ^_^ i hope a release of the video of the new sounds comes out this weekend biggrin_o.gif

and the M16A4_ACG_GL has a broken grenade launcher.

Ah so thats why mine suddenly stopped working! wink_o.gif

Nice find! smile_o.gif

Guys...

i'm gonna update ya on a few things here...

-We are fixing all Gun sounds, volume and fixing echos.

-Adding vehicle sounds.

-We are switching out alot of the gun sounds that you hear with better ones.

-We are adding features that i cant talk about.

-It will sound almost like a brandnew game when you hear v1.0

These "Features" i say, shall be interesting to hear, is all i can say.

You're just teasing now... sad_o.gif

Take time for your family Chammy, much more important,  And when it's running smooth(er) you'll have a boost, not a drain, as I'm sure you know all too well.  Only the best wishes your way man.  thumbs-up.gif

That said:

*F5,F5,F5*

notworthy.gif

Chammy can you guys work on the annoying nature effects that are extremely exaggerated?

I mean the cricket's.. if your on top of a castle your able to hear them as if you were on the ground near them.. its really annoying.

Can you guys fix and change that too?