Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

yeah man, you're right I changed the settings with the markers

I downloaded kegetys' cpbo again, maybe I've got an old version of it

BTW 5 missions tried with RC9, no problems (all BIS missions)

tried to unpack with the newest version of cpbo, no luck,

maybe because I'm on XP x64, nvm I'll wait until you'll make the blood configurable via a .hpp file i.e. smile_o.gif

Now only the smoke effects and then I would say this is a hammer SIX pack!! Kinda must for everyone!

I'm glad to hear you are planning to update you AI manager as a module, that would work generally with all existing missions.

I really don't care about mission breaking!

I remember when playing with @SLX in OFP, it was the same problem. Still I enjoyed the mission because it would evolve so dynamic and unpredictable that even the mission maker would never know what happens next... smile_o.gif That's fun IMO.

maybe because I'm on XP x64, nvm I'll wait until you'll make the blood configurable via a .hpp file i.e. smile_o.gif

If you put the variables+values from this file: http://www.pastebin.ca/600525

without the if(isNil balbalblalbalbalba

in a mission init.sqf, it should overwrite the values of the Addon, this way you can test even without unpacking.

I will try to get the .hpp configurability in by Wednesday or so.

If you put the variables+values from this file: http://www.pastebin.ca/600525

without the if(isNil balbalblalbalbalba

in a mission init.sqf, it should overwrite the values of the Addon, this way you can test even without unpacking.

I will try to get the .hpp configurability in by Wednesday or so.

Oops, I think I sent you my settings copied from the SNKMAN's version of the init file biggrin_o.gif

Ones that look like this:

Quote[/b] ]; Maximum number of blood objects allowed

? format["%1",blood_object_maximum] == _null : blood_object_maximum = 600

instead of this:

Quote[/b] ]// Maximum number of blood objects allowed

if(isNil "blood_object_maximum")then{blood_object_maximum = 600};

Never mind, I'm sure you realised smile_o.gif

I just want the tracers... this baggage is getting way too excessive for me sad_o.gif

I just want the tracers... this baggage is getting way too excessive for me sad_o.gif
Ur a little b***h.

Really, you have to be kidding me! Is there any time you gonna stop your negativism and stop your unwarranted "whining"?

If you dont want anything else than the tracers, install the misc+tracers, just as you have done the past weeks, repeatance is annyoing and so unnececairy!

1mb Blood Addon inside the RAR file extra isn't going to kill you, what's wrong with you?

And yes, I am a bit annoyed indeed.

Nothing worse than investing this much and having to coop with some 'Famous' Addon Maker that can't accept (and must post every few weeks) that there are other files in the RAR archive, that made the package an amazing 0.2MB bigger!

Really... give some proper feedback or don't give any at all.

Don't worry Sickboy...

Even if some keep on complaining, a huge and silent majority really appreciate the work that has been done. I, for one, really like this pack.

I'm not really fond of the blood idea, as I don't really feel it suits this sim, but it's my opinion. However, I haven't tried it yet, so maybe I'll find it's a must have after all. Anyway, I can just install the modules that suits my likings, and voilà !

Looking forward to any kind of improvement in the game you can bring !

Malick

Thanks Malick. It's just not fun to go to bed at 02:00 after finishing up the work and then reading someone in the morning for the x'th time with the same story like the times before, which requires the same answer like the times before, bringing up a point that isn't valid since ~ 1995 anymore since we have gigabytes of space instead of 40 megabytes smile_o.gif

Plus it's as you say... You can install all the modules independently, nobody forces anyone to install a module he doesn't like. (Which has been like this from the start)

Apart from the SIX_Misc, which simply forms the heart, the backbone of all the scripts smile_o.gif

Anyway, that was earlier this morning :-)

The blood effects require some tweaking aswell as optimizations, don't make your final decision about Blood based on the current implementation, hehe :-)

It's fun though that you can follow blood trail to find hurt enemy, or to find that sniper that's shooting from 600m, while you can derrive the direction he fired from, by checking the blood splatter alignment on the ground biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry Sickboy...

Even if some keep on complaining, a huge and silent majority really appreciate the work that has been done. I, for one, really like this pack.

I'm not really fond of the blood idea, as I don't really feel it suits this sim, but it's my opinion. However, I haven't tried it yet, so maybe I'll find it's a must have after all. Anyway, I can just install the modules that suits my likings, and voilà !

Looking forward to any kind of improvement in the game you can bring !

Malick

+1 that view

Edit: And while we're on this topic the amount of time you must spend doing this is insane. I know what batch files are like to create, nevermind configs and arrays and the testing. Personally, you lost me at v.1RC6 when the .cpp's and .hpp's came in(?) but I'm not gonna clog your thread with "what's this?" and "what's that?" questions. I'd rather sit back, read and figure out what you're doing.

Thanks again for the crazy amount of effort, dedication and skill you bring to Armed Assault with your presence and work. True digital art. You're one of the fellas single-handedly picking up the slack for advanced features we most likely would not have for a very, very long time otherwise.

smile_o.gifpistols.gif

@sickboy

I understand you get upset, when people are whining and complaining about your work.

Nevertheless this is something EVERY mod maker and addon maker or scripter has to cope with.

Please look at it from a pragmatic point of view:

1. The majority of the community appreciates and loves your

work. (I am one of them)

2. Although Snake Man is complaining he STILL wants to use

some part of your work. So this is the prove that it has to

be good!

Looking forward to further improvements of you package. I really look forward to a configurable .hpp file of the six_blood.

Yesterday I downloaded the 6thsensemod and tried some example missions with the AI manager. I'm really impressed!

Although I usually play single player and LAN only with my friends, I will try the 6thsense coop nights since it seems to be a place for mature team players.

And sickboy: Thanks again for your hard work on the package, and thanks a bunch for taking the suggestions of the community into consideration!

If I might interject smile_o.gif

I don't know about other people's reasons for getting involved in changing stuff, but I do it because of what I want to see in the game. I'm limited because of my (lack of) ability, so I choose addons that add to the experience, to make it better than it was without it.

With that comes acceptance, that you're using stuff someone else has made that THEY want to see ingame. I can make suggestions, point out troublesome areas, but I've got no cause to comlain smile_o.gif

Nice one SB, SIX_ addons are becoming the best, most ubiquitous addons in the ArmA community, but don't let that stop it becoming what YOU want in the game. One of the reasons I change stuff ingame is so that I can enjoy it ingame. Got to take time out to actually use the stuff wink_o.gif

Thanks m8s smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looking forward to further improvements of you package. I really look forward to a configurable .hpp file of the six_blood.
I will probably release such version tomorrow, I also need to rewrite most of the Multiplayer Code, as atm it's broken , altough it "works" atm, it does not work as it should smile_o.gif

I'm in Holidays now, going away for a week this Friday.

I would like to release a final version of Pack1 Thursday smile_o.gif

Hello sickboy.

Is blood enabled without any triggers ? And does it works locally ?

(can i see blood appears on public server ? )

*repeated from SNKMAN's blood thread*

The blood doesn't seem to want to work on road textures. Just spent an hour trying to work out why no-one in the city was bleeding, transferred everyone outside the city and bingo, blood.

Further observation showed that sometimes you can *just* see blood on road textures, but only sometimes very weakly, like the texture is either weaker or mixing with the road texture. My presumption is that the road texture is "above" the blood object.

Using the @SIX_Blood BTW.

I think thats because the road is not really terrain, but acually a 3D model.

I think thats because the road is not really terrain, but acually a 3D model.

Looks like you're right smile_o.gif

arma2007-07-0401-40-41-65.jpg

Ur a little b***h.

+1 WL and 48hr PR for flaming/namecalling - using asterisks doesn't change the fact of what you called him, and you have been warned about responding to taunting before.

I don't care what kind of ongoing history you two have, this kind of stuff ends now or you'll both shortly be facing a perm-ban.

Ironic that sickboy got a suspension after all the work hes put into this mod for the community in this own thread. sad_o.gif

Ironic that sickboy got a suspension after all the work hes put into this mod for the community in this own thread. sad_o.gif

Being a content maker does not make one exempt from the rules.

Personally, I understand that sickboy got mad. It happens. He did flame though, so it's a fair cop right?

Still, a single warning level and a little cool off time after he's been here a couple of years isn't something to really worry about.

Sounds like his holiday went from 7 days up to 9 days wink_o.gif

Take it easy SB, enjoy your holiday we'll still be here enjoying your stuff.

oh no

this means no updates on the package until he's back from holidays? sad_o.gif

Ok, will wait patiently

@sickboy

Thank u so much for the "@SIX_Blood" thing

U can read my dreams man!!!! xmas_o.gif

Love u! wink_o.gif  ^^

Its it possibe that u can add that "ArmA Group Link II Plus!, The ULTIMATE AI enhancement" because its very nice when the AI say something like that "Grenade"or "GET some" "enemy tank" and many more!

Pleas can u make that in in future  thumbs-up.gif

@SIX_AI_enhancement or something like that inlove.gif

-------

Edit:

Oh and something what i forget to say,

And now we need to wait for "Sakura-chan" bloody effects and ArmA will Greater and Greater and i hope u can make a @SIX_bloody_effects to when its realise.

Look here: http://www.armabase.de/cms/content/images/wip01.jpg

http://www.armabase.de/cms/content/images/wip02.jpg

Your Always:  welcome.gif

does the player or the AI die by blood loose ? if so how many time has to pass until you die ? i have tried the blood mod and the player bleeds but he doesn't seem to die never

@sickboy

Thank u so much for the "@SIX_Blood" thing

U can read my dreams man!!!! xmas_o.gif

Love u! wink_o.gif  ^^

Its it possibe that u can add that "ArmA Group Link II Plus!, The ULTIMATE AI enhancement" because its very nice when the AI say something like that "Grenade"or "GET some" "enemy tank" and many more!

Pleas can u make that in in future   thumbs-up.gif

@SIX_AI_enhancement or something like that inlove.gif

-------

Edit:

Oh and something what i forget to say,

And now we need to wait for "Sakura-chan" bloody effects and ArmA will Greater and Greater and i hope u can make a @SIX_bloody_effects to when its realise.

Look here:  http://www.armabase.de/cms/content/images/wip01.jpg

http://www.armabase.de/cms/content/images/wip02.jpg

Your Always:  welcome.gif

voting for it too +1

This is awsome ! I dropped a few of my other addons in so i could use them also. such good work you do! I must asked how to get the 3d editor to work? i try but it always says 3d mode blah blah in MP and it wont run? maybe incorporate a sound mod too . for me i just so single player and also make some movies since im bored of evolution ( buts its fun). some kind of better misson wizard would be nice!

This is awsome ! I dropped a few of my other addons in so i could use them also. such good work you do! I must asked how to get the 3d editor to work? i try but it always says 3d mode blah blah in MP and it wont run? maybe incorporate a sound mod too . for me i just so single player and also make some movies since im bored of evolution ( buts its fun). some kind of better misson wizard would be nice!

The 3D editor isn't part of this pack, it's another addon. Also, you need to be a civilian to use it.