Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

Killjoy can you add this into the init of your next version:

Quote[/b] ]if (isServer && isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ARMAAC")) then {[] execVM "\ARMAAC\ARMAAC.sqf";};

More information on the ArmA Anti-Cheat (ARMAAC)

It wont break or give errors if the server isnt running the addon. biggrin_o.gif

SWAF Server is running 3.0a which has just added the AACF as a test. smile_o.gif

Kiljoy,

Will you consider adding a "4hr day/MH-6 respawn/500 lives" option to the mission?

Currently, if you want 4hr day & MH6 respawn, you cant also have the 500 lives option.

Howdy peeps, I don't know if this has been mentioned before but we have been having allot of probs with mission running in large squads. For some reason some times not all people get the Waypoint and as such don't get the points when the mission in complete. Any work around for this?

@ Kiljoy, Very nice work man, love the new version! notworthy.gif

Would it be possible to make a version where you play as SLA instead of blufor?

@Matt seems like a smart way to error free detect a plugin Matt. How is the anti-cheat system working for your server?

@Rynthas Intersting points , Others have mentioned the short base idle time on vehicles i will adjust.

@nick2102 yes it would

@Kenbow sure ill add this.

About fixing vehicles you dont have the rank for.

The correct method is when the vehicle is empty get in the driver/pilot seat. when it spits you out get in any other position and wait. Obviously you must have a farp in position under you. but you don't have to be the engineer who made it.

I got few questions about radio tower and reinforcements. From where does the reinforcements come, nearest SLA controlled city? At what point they come, is there any hint when the reinforcements are on the way? Are they spawned, or taken from another city's pool?

@ June 27 2007,13:25)]About fixing vehicles you dont have the rank for.

The correct method is when the vehicle is empty get in the driver/pilot seat. when it spits you out get in any other position and wait. Obviously you must have a farp in position under you. but you don't have to be the engineer who made it.

thank you for the advice.  notworthy.gif

It seems my original post was not so wrong after all, and now that I know the corrective action, I will not be having trouble repairing anymore.   wink_o.gif

@ June 21 2007,04:01)]Id like to know if any servers run with mh-6 respawn off?

Also is anyone using 4 hour day mode?

No sense in having params no one is using.

KilJoy,

as a player brand new to ArmA and multi-player (had OPFP but never hooked up w/my friends) thanks for the mod it is wonderful.

My friends and I have the server set on 4 Hour, it's a nice option since it's not aways the same time of day when folks who work log on.

Wishful thinking would be to maybe have enemy held areas be divided into capturable/recapturable strong points where the AI can counter attack along the lines of the Factory complexes in Stalingrad.

Defense missions can be fun too!

Didn't notice this mentioned anywhere else...

It seems like the missions are expiring awfully quickly. By the time we gear up, get to the objective and devise a quick plan, we get the "you have 5 minutes left to complete the mission" notice.

Don't know if it's a factor of having the server set for 4hr days... so the mission is expiring 6 times as fast as it should?

Howdy peeps, I don't know if this has been mentioned before but we have been having allot of probs with mission running in large squads. For some reason some times not all people get the Waypoint and as such don't get the points when the mission in complete. Any work around for this?

@ Kiljoy, Very nice work man, love the new version!  notworthy.gif

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto... To the max...

We spent the better part of an hour on a defence mission, and when it was all said an done (organization, trekking, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, fighting, finding stragglers, etc) only the group leader got the 30 points. banghead.gif

Hello!

I found headbug.sqf script in evolution mission folder. I would like to use this script in my coop mission but I am not sure how to do it. Will it be ok if i set it for all players? --> head = player addaction ["HeadBug","headbug.sqf";]

Is it correct (is it proper syntax)?

Any chance in a future version of this mission you would be able to add comments to your scripts? So that those of us less script gifted can know what we're looking at. As Cooba does, I have a couple of scripts from Evolution I'd like to use in a lot of my missions, but don't know where to find or how to exec them.

@ June 17 2007,10:58)]

2. Added Engineer class (repairs for points)

9. New randomized civilian parked car generator system.

how about random AI ground units attacking the airbase once in a while?

Found the work around for the mission bug where not all people get points for it, seems all you have to do is make sure they all have the objective on screen. If they don't just have the SL order them back into formation this will give you the mission objective on screen and will entitle you to your points.

The 30 point defence mission rocks however a word of advice get geared up and ready, jump in a chopper and warm up the rotors before you activate the mission.

This has worked for us, I can't promise that it will work for you. But considering the alternative, it works better if they all have the objective on screen.

Any command you might give to your squad will remove there Mission objective, ie order to mount, move. after this just remember to give em the order to return to formation after they have done what you wanted.

@kiljoy and EVO helpers, Very nice work keep it going.

@Cooba it wont work unless you have a vehicle called headcar, I used a civ truck. All the script does is record a players position teleport them into a passenger seat, eject them and teleport them back to where they where altho the latter fails often.

I dont mind anyone using the headbug script at all. But maybe it would be a good idea to remove the option when the player is not in a bording area as it makes selecting weapons more tricky as it changes the order of things to always have the option there.

@Pillage As the engineer only gets points for repairing the special marked vehicles It would be Impossibil to seperate the two scripts.

I might do a random civ car spawner template tho as ive done with weather and repair zones. I will try to comment more often others have mentioned this.

@FCF Bad Karma missions are ment to be 30 minuites. Maybe its possibil about the 4 hour mode ill check it out. thx

About score FunkDooBiesT Is most likly correct and maybe i can even use this info to fix the bug. The score you get is coded into the group waypoint. so if its not your current waypoint due to maybe another subwaypoint command like mount being issued by squad leader i can see how you may not get the points.

It's really annoying when players start to attack more than one city at the same time and the server drops below 20 FPS or lower. To get this managed we need the information where the players are acting to find the bad guy and ban him or the missions have to disallow the activation of more than one city at the same time, so we will get a linear mission where you can only attack the citys one after the other. Or do anyone see another solution for this problem?

KilJoy is it posible to have separate rank paths for defferent classes such as the engineers, medics, sf and lets say a pilot class.

Maybe if it is posible, you could have different classes have access to different weapons and vehicles at earlier or later ranks. Say maybe engineers having access to satchels and at weapons right off the bat. And have infantry not get access to satchels till sargent. Just for examples.

Maybe have a pilot class that starts with only access to pistols. But can fly littlebirds at mission open. BUt only have 2 pilot slots available. So you could have air support at begining of mission but other classes would need LT rank to be able to fly?

Just a thought

30 minutes sounds about right as to what we were experiencing... Maybe you could bump it up to 45 minutes or an hour? I understand the need for a time limit, but take for instance this example we experienced the other night.

Took a CSAR mission. After planning it out and outfitting the squad, we had to take a little bird around the far south part of the island, up along the coast to the NE corner of the northern island. All of this to avoid the blanket of AA coverage. Just as we actually landed, we got the 5 minute warning. Quickly dispatched the squad protecting the hostage and had an AI bring the helicopter forward, which he promptly crashed. So there we were, out in the middle of nowhere with no wheels.

We decided to fight our way to the nearest town and try to get some transportation from there. Alas, the timer ran out far before we even had a chance to get the hostage back to the base. This could have been a rather interesting mission with your random conflict script (is it in 3.0? Hadn't noticed yet...) and the large distance we had to cover to return the hostage back to the base.

It's really annoying when players start to attack more than one city at the same time and the server drops below 20 FPS or lower. To get this managed we need the information where the players are acting to find the bad guy and ban him or the missions have to disallow the activation of more than one city at the same time, so we will get a linear mission where you can only attack the citys one after the other. Or do anyone see another solution for this problem?

Dunno what your server spec is or how many people are playing, but our server dont go above 14 FPS at the start even before Pariso is even activated. Average Server FPS seems between 2 and 8 for us. banghead.gif

@Joe_Cool It has been discussed the prospect of allowing only one city to be attacked at a time to force players to work as a team and not go rambo in citys alone but also mainly to improve server fps as you mentioned. But as others have also mentioned this would seriously impact the freeroam nature of the mission.

@Musket satchel bombs are restricted to second rank to stop teamkillers just joining a game to destroy the base. Choppers are restricted to the 3rd rank to make sure the pilot has enough brains to get 30 points and therefore possibily they can also land a chopper with passengers on it without killing them.

@FCF Bad Karma Ill think about extending it for missions that would presumbably take longer like defence and ambush /destroy 20's.

but our server dont go above 14 FPS at the start even before Pariso is even activated. Average Server FPS seems between 2 and 8 for us. banghead.gif

This information is not correct. Doing a monitor at start it has above 35 fps, evrytime ive checked. Once the first town spawns it gets down on server side only it does not affect players fps.

There could be one single thread for this purpose, the server side fps. I can understand it can be worrying on a hosted non dedicated server, but for a dedicated one its not very problematic. Why? Because on hosted you dont play there, it doesnt even have graphics going on. Its just a box running the map and managing the players position, bandwith etc.

Maybe someone with more knowledges about server managing could support what im saying, but experience from ofp tells me the server side fps doesnt matter that much to playability of a map. It can work as an indicator of the stress the server is supporting, but it wont affect the flow of playing of the users. Maybe it dumbs down a bit the AI, thats it.

but our server dont go above 14 FPS at the start even before Pariso is even activated. Average Server FPS seems between 2 and 8 for us. banghead.gif

This information is not correct. Doing a monitor at start it has above 35 fps, evrytime ive checked. Once the first town spawns it gets down on server side only it does not affect players fps.

There could be one single thread for this purpose, the server side fps. I can understand it can be worrying on a hosted non dedicated server, but for a dedicated one its not very problematic. Why? Because on hosted you dont play there, it doesnt even have graphics going on. Its just a box running the map and managing the players position, bandwith etc.

Maybe someone with more knowledges about server managing could support what im saying, but experience from ofp tells me the server side fps doesnt matter that much to playability of a map. It can work as an indicator of the stress the server is supporting, but it wont affect the flow of playing of the users. Maybe it dumbs down a bit the AI, thats it.

I will admit that Ive only checked at the start of the mission once and it was 14FPS and this was straight after another game of Evolution without a shutdown. Many many times playing Evolution I have monitored server FPS and AVERAGE seems to be between 2-8 fps server side.

However as Lolsav has said, even at 2FPS server side, its still easily playable client side and no real problems with lag etc. We (ie me and Kiljoy) just use it as an indicator to Server Stress.

BTW Lolsav, current FPS is 4 server side... Just checked biggrin_o.gif

I think that might be easy to limit it to one city, I'm just not sure of the login in the script and the logic is simple enouph.

Any City that is attacked set's a flag "spawn active" for example. When this flag is 1 then no other city spawns. Problem fixed and it will not frorce the players to go for a certain first. This would also help with people in air crafts to no set off other city's.

Then on squads had a funny thing happen tonight were I had 7 people in my squad but the 8th one just didn't want to stay in the squad. Are there any squad number limits or is this a ARMA squad bug? Also at that point the mission way point would not show for all people in squad even after we issue the return to formation. Very strange could have been a series of events that lead to the squad to become unstable/disfunctional.

With the missions kiljoy, how does the mission score the players? is it radius based around the objective or SL?

I found the same thing happen twise tonight, the people that died did not get points and the ones that were still standing at the end of mission got points. Just want to know if it's SL radius cuz then if the SL dies and the rest finish the mission the ones that died get the points and not the ones that survived. I trust you used the Objective for the radius for scoring, if it is indeed a radius method.

@ June 30 2007,19:50)]@Musket satchel bombs are restricted to second rank to stop teamkillers just joining a game to destroy the base. Choppers are restricted to the 3rd rank to make sure the pilot has enough brains to get 30 points and therefore possibily they can also land a chopper with passengers on it without killing them.

I understand that.  The satchels suggestion was just an example.  But what do you think of different rank trees for different classes.

For example maybe have the infantry able to get AT weapons quicker than engineers or medics. Or have AKs and pkms available to SF after a certain rank.

Basically make advantages and disadvantages to  different class choices.  It would make the mission a little different depending on what class you chose or got stuck with.

Also maybe have infantry able to set up barricades or fighting positions(sandbags but one only like farps.)