Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

What would you like to see?

demon ur out of order, just cos ur prob a yank an u got ur forces weapons in game, doesnt mean we dont want our, we WANT to se the good old ass kicking SA80, an some brit vehicles, y not, we pay for th egame 2, y is everything always bloody american!!!!

and the A10's r still supporting us in afghan so hope they keep them around

I love how all Brits attack us americans, calling us Yanks and how we are overly proud and blah, blah, but do exactly what they get on us about.

Anyways, as previously stated. EACH country thinks its military should be in the game. The germans want theirs, the Swedish want theirs, the Australians, and so forth.

Plus if you would have READ this entire thing, you would have seen that I was actually against adding the USMC and FOR adding the UK or brits. You must not have actually read all of this.

And as to the A-10C. Yes we still upgrade and keep them around, but we have also reduced the amount we have by over 70% of what we had in the 80s during Desert Storm. And the additions we gave to them are very insignificant, Gave them the wind correction and Jdams and a few other upgrades. Upgrades that all F-16s these days already had. And they are still reducing the amount of the A-10s they have. They aren't upgrading every A-10 in the world. I live in Gowen Field in Boise Idaho, where they have A-10s stationed, but even they are going to Phase alot of their own A-10s out for other aircraft. The A-10 is not the primary support Aircraft now. And I am a huge fan of the A-10, its what I wanted to fly most when i was younger, but at the same time its not the primary role.

Over in Iraq I can tell you now, I saw hell of a lot more F-16s providing support than I saw A-10s.

Also the F-16 isn't an air superiority Aircraft anymore really. The F-16 has been designated a ground support aircraft, and its primary function during early war operation is wild weasel missions. And the F-16 has better precision with "Dumb Bombs" and is computer calculated automatic release. Well, the A-10C may be up to par with it, but as we have seen the F-16 is already damn good in precision like we saw when they used a dumb bomb to take out a single building that killed al-Zarqawi. The one thing I see as the A-10 current having the advantage over is its ability to take more hits, operate at lower speeds, and its big ass GAU-8 Avenger.

demon ur out of order, just cos ur prob a yank an u got ur forces weapons in game, doesnt mean we dont want our, we WANT to se the good old ass kicking SA80, an some brit vehicles, y not, we pay for th egame 2, y is everything always bloody american!!!!

yeah, but everyone wants "their" armed forces in the game, no matter if it makes sense or not.

when i comes down to what military most gamers would like to see and what military would make most sense in such a scenario, the US Armed Forces always win.

so now the Brits want the UK military. the french want theirs. the german theirs. etc. should BIS do all of them?

That is why god created the wonderful mod makers! Learn to use them and shut up about the Army-Marine mix. I personally like the USMC cause im joining them =) so I use Marine units. We dont need official BIS units ppl.

I'd like BIS to 'just' run through their graphics library and see if there are some things worth tweaking for better SLI conformity. (Looking at another 7950gt since the prices are dropping) biggrin_o.gif Thanks BIS!!! notworthy.gif

I love how all Brits attack us americans, calling us Yanks and how we are overly proud and blah, blah, but do exactly what they get on us about.

Anyways, as previously stated. EACH country thinks its military should be in the game. The germans want theirs, the Swedish want theirs, the Australians, and so forth.

Plus if you would have READ this entire thing, you would have seen that I was actually against adding the USMC and FOR adding the UK or brits. You must not have actually read all of this.

And as to the A-10C. Yes we still upgrade and keep them around, but we have also reduced the amount we have by over 70% of what we had in the 80s during Desert Storm. And the additions we gave to them are very insignificant, Gave them the wind correction and Jdams and a few other upgrades. Upgrades that all F-16s these days already had. And they are still reducing the amount of the A-10s they have. They aren't upgrading every A-10 in the world. I live in Gowen Field in Boise Idaho, where they have A-10s stationed, but even they are going to Phase alot of their own A-10s out for other aircraft. The A-10 is not the primary support Aircraft now. And I am a huge fan of the A-10, its what I wanted to fly most when i was younger, but at the same time its not the primary role.

Over in Iraq I can tell you now, I saw hell of a lot more F-16s providing support than I saw A-10s.

Also the F-16 isn't an air superiority Aircraft anymore really. The F-16 has been designated a ground support aircraft, and its primary function during early war operation is wild weasel missions. And the F-16 has better precision with "Dumb Bombs" and is computer calculated automatic release. Well, the A-10C may be up to par with it, but as we have seen the F-16 is already damn good in precision like we saw when they used a dumb bomb to take out a single building that killed al-Zarqawi. The one thing I see as the A-10 current having the advantage over is its ability to take more hits, operate at lower speeds, and its big ass GAU-8 Avenger.

It wasn't a dumb bomb on zarqawi, it was two GBU-38s-the 500lb MK-82 JDAM. It has very small fins on the nose. Don't know if its OK to link to other stories here, just do a google search for AL zarqawi F-16.

I understand your F-16 case and think it should be in game, althought the radar modes won't work, and as a Falcon4 AF junkie, I wouldn't be happy with it.

I think an AMX would be a great addition though.

I would really, really, really like to see better game mechanics in water environments. Outfitting scuba gear or rigging mines on the hulls of ships would be nice. Also SDV's would be great. Nothing would beat a team navigating an SDV to a shipyard, placing explosives onto the hulls, then leaving in the middle of the night silently underwater. You know... NAVY SEAL stuff.   pistols.gif

I'd like to see BIS concentrate on improving the gameplay instead of adding more objects.  The OFP formula is good, but they could do beter.  The animation-sequence-bound movement and actions should be changed - example: stuck reloading in place, can't crouch until you put away those binoculars, etc.  Look at games, even CounterStrike:Source, where your upper torso animation is independant of your legs.  If infantry combat was more fluid and realistic ArmA would be an even beter game. Man, if ArmA copied the infantry combat perfection of Red Orchestra or Infiltration for UT it would be a thing of BEAUTY. smile_o.gif

The other thing that could use some spit shine is vehicles.  Little things like not being able to look 360 when unbuttoned (VERY important for tankers).  Big things like the goofy bouncing movement offroad.

Good point. Scuba would be great.

I'm sure any vehicle we want to see will eventually be modded in, and then a big vehicle mod pack will install them.

I think it was deltaforce land warrior that had the underwater guns you could use, they would be a great addition.

On that note, how about launching from a submarine?

You could hen get to an objective and if you didnt have anymore heavy ordnance, lase a target for GPS coordinates and the sub would launch a SLAM or TLAM against the target.

eh prolly a pipedream but hey we can dream right?

Good point.  Scuba would be great.

I'm sure any vehicle we want to see will eventually be modded in, and then a big vehicle mod pack will install them.

I think it was deltaforce land warrior that had the underwater guns you could use, they would be a great addition.

On that note, how about launching from a submarine?

You could hen get to an objective and if you didnt have anymore heavy ordnance, lase a target for GPS coordinates and the sub would launch a SLAM or TLAM against the target.

eh prolly a pipedream but hey we can dream right?

That was such a good game. I have been playing the Delta Force series since day one... sheesh I'm old... and loved the scuba/underwater dart gun battles we had. Oh those were the days... haha.

That is why god created the wonderful mod makers! Learn to use them and shut up about the Army-Marine mix. I personally like the USMC cause im joining them =) so I use Marine units. We dont need official BIS units ppl.

oh yeah? as long as the proper tools aren't available, there won't be any significant new content from the side of the modders. at least i don't see any.

besides, just because there will/might be mods for this game doesn't mean BIS should not provide further content. Mods should be a bonus for people who want more, but Mods should not be the only content of this game.

OpF got a great add-on. you don't complain about that, do you? i expect the same for ArmA, especially since ArmA is weak in terms of singleplayer content.

i like 'yanks', triger happy cowboys, wot ever ppl call them, but u r some times big headed and arogant, y dont game makers just make up a NATO army then!! keep us all bloody happy biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif its just depressing to see every big game is US units, y? the us military pay to have them in? its not cos there the best, or cos they get used alot? who knows, but even the campaign, y couldnt it be a nato task force helping the island? no offence meant to b cause, i rushe that post cos i was heading out, but it would b nice to see a variety in games as standard from launch.

some one once told me, 3 things make a good army, USA kit an logistics, british troops, german officers, supopose they were pretty rite, but look at all modern campaings, the us have all the airpower mainly, we have a pressence sam eas other countrys, just not as mnay cos our stupid government cut spending, an ur congress love pumping millions into ur war machine which is great, so game makers should try an make a game more liek that now, a nato force, rather than us, and ur rite, addion makers will make differewnt forces, an every 1 wants there armys, so lets hope BIS can change the way for futre games, if they ever fix this 1

*New Island: European Themed, Bigger or the same size less mountains more farmland.

*New Weapons: Everything from OFP

*New Vehicles: Everything from OFP, more Surface to Air vehicles, more aircraft, BTRs & BMDs. Cargo planes

*New Features: Better Air to Ground combat and vice versa, counter-measures

*New Command System: Can command a Company easily and not just single guys within the company or very awkwardly arranged soldiers in odd formations because of the way ArmA handles it.

*Better Campaign

*Ability to create more sides that can be united to whatever side you please (ex. Blufor friendly to opfor I know there are work arounds but an easier way is better)

*Guerilla forces

*Ability to tow or sling cargo

*Maybe marines I don't really care

*Maybe another country... UK or Germany or China

i like 'yanks', triger happy cowboys, wot ever ppl call them, but u r some times big headed and arogant, y dont game makers just make up a NATO army then!! keep us all bloody happy biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif its just depressing to see every big game is US units, y? the us military pay to have them in? its not cos there the best, or cos they get used alot? who knows, but even the campaign, y couldnt it be a nato task force helping the island? no offence meant to b cause, i rushe that post cos i was heading out, but it would b nice to see a variety in games as standard from launch.

some one once told me, 3 things make a good army, USA kit an logistics, british troops, german officers, supopose they were pretty rite, but look at all modern campaings, the us have all the airpower mainly, we have a pressence sam eas other countrys, just not as mnay cos our stupid government cut spending, an ur congress love pumping millions into ur war machine which is great, so game makers should try an make a game more liek that now, a nato force, rather than us, and ur rite, addion makers will make differewnt forces, an every 1 wants there armys, so lets hope BIS can change the way for futre games, if they ever fix this 1

This 10 year USN sailor heartily agrees. I would love to see mixed infantry moving in with a Challenger side by side with Bradley support in game.

This 10 year USN sailor heartily agrees. I would love to see mixed infantry moving in with a Challenger side by side with Bradley support in game.

The bradley, thats somthing I totally forgot about, which I feel bad about because I was in a Mechanized infantry unit =/

But yeah I would love to see the Bradley, way better than the Stryker in my opinion. Sure its slower but its treaded, and not as limited in movement like the stryker is, although the Stryker was made for urban combat. Which is odd that they put it in as the primary APC for the US forces, seeing as the towns in this game are tiny.

Agreed 100%. Though it really strikes me as a concept that is best dealt with through mods sad_o.gif But oh well, wishing never hurt :P

I would like to see ARMA actually finished and working as it should be and improved over OFP besides graphic and then after I played it for some time a year or so there could be an expansion, but this expansion should make ARMA to Game 2 because when it will be finished it will be 2010 or somethin.

...and what good would a larger island really do? i doubt anybody here can seriously say they've seen everything and been everywhere on Sahrani. and the campaign doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what would be possible on Sahrani.

By the time any expansion does come out, I'm sure we will have seen enough of Sahrani smile_o.gif

As for a bigger Island, I guess it doesn't have to be bigger. But it would be nice, especially for flying. But that's maybe something for Game2.

high to everyone out there,

Something that i wouold like to see in the game is some sort of program to select or unselect the mods and addons i want to use in the game. Because i am not a computer wizzkid i find it difficult to use the mods and install them without having troudble or errors,mabye it would be easier for me and some other people if we could change the apperance of the caracter in game ,like the clothing,body armour,armpatches ect.

Mabye someone already posted something like this if so i am deeply soory for the double post , but i always strugle with these things.

Perhaps someone can tell or help me with these thing in the futher for now i only stick to download sp / mp missions.

Oooh and something a mis is the sidearm in the holster on the right leg,if that is the sidearm holster.

Greeting Mike

What I want to see is a indication of who got shot by whom in the chatline.

Like in other games: Friend shot by Foe = Red; Foe shot by Friend = Green;

co you don't always know who is in which team. And furthermore I want the chatline to be spilt up in to independent parts:

1.) Deathlog

2.) Actual "Chat"

Something that i wouold like to see in the game is some sort of program to select or unselect the mods and addons i want to use in the game.

ArmA Launcher v1.11 http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/armalauncher111.zip whit this tools u need only dwl mods to ArmA main folder and the launch the mods what u want by select.

Woman body.. and some new face and voice.

I am not a girl, but they are in the army in the real world.

Now what would I like to see?

Ability to deploy bipod to reduce recoil when firing from prone position.

Ability to holster weapons, for eg like in OFP menu "put rifle on back" I miss that.

Knock down feature after getting shot. When someone shoots you with an assault rifle from far range you get knocked down from the impact, of course it depends on range and caliber a 5.56mm round will knock u down from lets say above 350m as your body armor stops the round or rounds but at that distance a 7.62mm round will kill you. BiS can work out how they would implement this.

Mortars enough said. We need mortars BiS we need them bad.

Increase assault rifle lethality at short range. One to two shots to the body and you dead, keep wounding as is its pretty good already.

Increased range and destructive power of .50 cal sniper rifle. Add a 20x scope (I know BIS wont do it but what the heck) and add incendiary/AP rounds for materiel destruction these would be veryy limited in availability. With increased range and lethality the .50 cal sniper rifle will only fire accurate in crouched position and much more accurately in prone position with bipods deployed.

Armoured vehicle wheels should no longer be vulnerable to small arms fire. I never liked what BIS did with the armoured vehicles wheels getting messed up by rifle or light machine gun fire. Only repeated fire from heavy machine guns should disable the wheels.

Make the AT4 more realistic by making it one shot weapons but increase its effectiveness against armoured vehicles especially rear hits on main battle tanks, add limited back blast damage to the AT4 and RPG ie dont stand behind a AT specialist when he is firing or u will get seriously wounded. RPG is ok in my opinion I would leave it as is.

M203 GL leaf sight should be more useful and be retracted when not needed. Give us the ability to manipulate the GL sight for better accuracy.

More enterable buildings.

Ability to use the laser range finder on weapon.

Pro Tec helmets for Black Ops MICH/ACH helmets for regular SF.

Claymore mines with detonator clapper. Set your Claymore at a strategic position for maximum killing effect. Also ability to disarm the Claymore and put it back in your weapon slot.

More defensive emplacements. Like sandbagged bunkers, concrete bunkers, larger firing positions.

Add Apache and Hind. Yes I know add on makers will do this but I want BiS to do it too, and I know they are capable. Hind should be able to carry a small amount of troops.

Improve Stryker effectiveness with more zoom to its optics, add polarity white hot black hot feature for better detection of enemies, reduce engine noise also. With increased zoom and polarity feature added the Stryker can observe and identify enemy personnel, equipment, and vehicles from long range for infantry, armour, or air assets to seek and destroy.

If a expansion is released its must that they:

* Steal The Brain of whoever made the Resistance Campaign

* Implement Characther Background Storys like James/David/Robert/Victor/ Tazmanian Devil pistols.gif

* More Seventh Songs notworthy.gif

* Bug Fixes

* OFP Releated Easter Eggs tounge2.gif

* Large Navel Ships ( Capable of carrying Jets/Helos. And have moveablity onboard for other players )

* Chinook ( Gotta Remember That Famous Helo. )

* Small Bonuses ( Flyable Parachutes )

* New Singleplayer Missions ( Using Brain of Res Team )

* New Multiplayer Missions ( Using Brain of Res Team )

And Maybe:

* Expand on those Zombie Models included in the game. Maybe a small Zombie Style Missions.

Well thats my Say wink_o.gif

Good documentation of the game engine and it's capabilities for modders. Period.

The only mod community really needs wink_o.gif

Well since its my first post I'll jump in feet first and this seems like the right thread.

Some things I'd love to see in an ArmA expansion -

* Mortars and artillery - these are such fundamental parts of modern battlefields its difficult to imagine any hi-tech war without them. Hopefully players will have to practice for a good while ala helicopters to be any good with them.

* A new island - I'm guessing a lot of the feedback from Sahrani will mean an even better island in the making - more desert, better performance etc

* More fortifications - something besides the default 4ft bit of sandbagging and the two little forts. Placable pillboxes would be sweet, if not I'd be happy with ones that come coded into the terrain as long as they're in appropriate places. In the same vein, some really nice emplaced weaponry beyond the MGs on tripod, ones that come mounted on sandbags and have a limited fire arc (to stop the guy turning 180 to face you and ending up standing inside all those carefully placed rows of sandbags).

* Some sort of moddable terrain system - probably more of a Game 2 thing, but it'd be amazing to see shell craters modelled into the terrain dynamically. It would also open up the road to things like foxholes, which I haven't seen much mention of on the forums. Being able to set up trench systems with proper fortifications would be an amazing addition to the game, since that's where the fighting is going to concentrate in any war that lasts more than a few days...

* More vehicles, weapons and equipment for the two native nations. I know the RACS are supposed to be ill prepared for war and all that, but they would be loaded with all that oil money and I'm sure they'd have purchased stuff to keep up with the SLA, like jets or main battle tanks. If I were to make my own campaign I'd have a good chunk (if not all of it) revolving around a smaller scale war between the two neighbouring countries. As soon as the big powers like America, Russia, Britain, China etc get involved it gets very serious very quick and on a small island like Sahrani it would be a very short war indeed.

* Better AI interaction with buildings and cover - also something I'm not really counting on seeing before Game 2, but it would be nice to see the AI use cover more intelligently. Moving along the edges of streets in a column, peeking round corners, putting more effort into reaching the nearest source of cover when under fire from a sniper instead of diving on the floor and flapping around like a fish out of water. smile_o.gif

Ditto buildings, it feels almost like an exploit when I'm in buildings when the AI is struggling so hard to cope with them. Some sort of building entry/clearing script with a squad moving in and securing all the rooms on its own would be an improvement, though it would have to be a fundamental part of the way the AI command their troops rather than a script the community puts together.

* Friendlier, smoother interface - not sure how to describe it, but the game still feels kinda clunky and could use a bit of smoothing out. All the fixes and additions to animations suggested on the forum would go a long way to helping, but I think something fundamental has to happen to the way you command to take it beyond OFP. The first thing I thought when I installed and played it was 'oh - that's just the same as it was in Flashpoint'.

*deep breath* Anyways that's my 0.02, I'll buy the addon whatever it turns out to be! It's not in the least surprising that they're releasing one so soon, BIS need to put together a package that's going to please the offline crowd first and foremost since that's what'll get them hooked straight off. If they make a bit of money and that goes towards making their next generation game (or just keeping afloat for that matter - the gaming industry is rather hostile from what I gather) then I'm happy.

As soon as the modding tools are released BIS are going to find it very hard to release any addons that aren't already there in one shape or form. What ArmA has that OFP didn't is a community that already knows everything they need to make addons and mods.