Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

What would you like to see?

What would be useful for clans is if you could compile a list of User ID #'s and then the Server would allow those ID's to join the server regardless of password or whether it's locked or not.

Makes it easier for clan members to join the server since then the admin isn't going to have to stop mid op to unlock it everyime a clan member wants to join in

An issue about the M136 AT-4 Launcher in ArmA. Isn't the Warhead supposed to travel/fly a lot faster...? huh.gif Like in this vid:

Wouldn't it be nice to have the AT-4 like that, in ArmA? wink_o.gif

Not the most demanding things to ask in the world.

Variations of some south Sahrani buildings (like the ones in Cayo) with interiors, we could have a few of those in towns.

There are quite a few open buildings in the north but very few in the south.

And where are my sheep and goats, i miss them terribly!

The old OPF bycicle was very nice smile_o.gif .

I would like to see the hunting rifle back. And some other weapons like scorpion or uzi.

And this of course:

dogpd3.jpg

Woof! Waf! Muuuh!

More animals. Panthers, Grizzlies, Goats, Alligators and Sharks especially. ArmA could replace Oblivion for all those RPG lunatics.

(Great Camera by the way)

Hi, what i'll like to see in a future expansion pack, is girls; for me

just makes no sense to add that old man with the hippie blanket

at the head and those silly looking mercs with short pants while

they haven't added 2 kind of anims, male and female and then...

expand the game to the women that could buy it if they could

play with a female character instead with a sweated unshaved

male character model. Don't have women characters in this game

is 100% pointless to me in the 2007. Let's C ya

Personally I don't see what all the hoo-har about female models is. Maybe as civilians, sure that would make a lot of sense. But certainly in the UK women are not assigned to frontline roles, so unless you intend to be using them in a lot of boring missions I don't see what the point is.

Yes, occassionally due to the nature of today's warfare they do end up in combat, but its generally meant to be avoided. If used appropriately female soldier models would certainly add to the realism and immersion, but that's really all they'd do.

Unless of course there are some gals out there playing ArmA and getting annoyed at having to play as men all the time. smile_o.gif

To do that tho I imagine it'd have to be hard coded into the game in the same spot you pick your face so that each campaign and mission knows which of two alternative models to use. And even then because of that, they would have to make female equivalents for all the models or it wouldn't work.

OR - each individual campaign/mission gives the user the option to pick their sex at the start, and then appropriately adjusts the player model used in each individual mission (which isn't going to come from BIS).

So um, yeah maybe a couple of female models to be thrown into particular missions where they would be likely to be seen or something.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I'd like to see BIS concentrate on improving the gameplay instead of adding more objects.  The OFP formula is good, but they could do beter.  The animation-sequence-bound movement and actions should be changed - example: stuck reloading in place, can't crouch until you put away those binoculars, etc.  Look at games, even CounterStrike:Source, where your upper torso animation is independant of your legs.  If infantry combat was more fluid and realistic ArmA would be an even beter game.  Man, if ArmA copied the infantry combat perfection of Red Orchestra or Infiltration for UT it would be a thing of BEAUTY. smile_o.gif

The other thing that could use some spit shine is vehicles.  Little things like not being able to look 360 when unbuttoned (VERY important for tankers).  Big things like the goofy bouncing movement offroad.

Well put, totally agree.

I'd also like to see a jungle Island. We already have temperate and arid, so jungle would be a welcome addition. Also it would help me realise my Vietnam fetish sooner; LZ Xray anyone?

I'd like to see BIS concentrate on improving the gameplay instead of adding more objects. The OFP formula is good, but they could do beter. The animation-sequence-bound movement and actions should be changed - example: stuck reloading in place, can't crouch until you put away those binoculars, etc. Look at games, even CounterStrike:Source, where your upper torso animation is independant of your legs. If infantry combat was more fluid and realistic ArmA would be an even beter game. Man, if ArmA copied the infantry combat perfection of Red Orchestra or Infiltration for UT it would be a thing of BEAUTY. smile_o.gif

The other thing that could use some spit shine is vehicles. Little things like not being able to look 360 when unbuttoned (VERY important for tankers). Big things like the goofy bouncing movement offroad.

Well put, totally agree.

I'd also like to see a jungle Island. We already have temperate and arid, so jungle would be a welcome addition. Also it would help me realise my Vietnam fetish sooner; LZ Xray anyone?

Isn't jungle island presented in The next expansion(queens gambit)???

Quote[/b] ]Personally I don't see what all the hoo-har about female models is. Maybe as civilians, sure that would make a lot of sense. But certainly in the UK women are not assigned to frontline roles, so unless you intend to be using them in a lot of boring missions I don't see what the point is.

female soldiers see plenty of work in every aspect of the british army - considering there is not 'war' at the moment, women and prevelant in pretty much every action in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Michael Yon just wrote about this experiences with a front line patrol/recce unit that was force protection for a convoy, and there was a woman in the unit.

there is a very valid point, and that is because women are present in every activity both military and civilian, so unless you're still stuck in the 1900's, then get up-to-date and realise its a worthy addition

--A reworked and modernized engine (multicore, DX10)

--A more robust animation system.

--Bipod support with a free flowing ability to mount machine guns and assault rifles on objects such as sandbags, windows, or any object that meets certain criteria (much like DoD:S).

--Real mortars/artillery support.

--Improved netcode.

--Large scale physics support (Destructible buildings etc...)

--UAV support with ability to mark targets with laser (moving targets) or GPS (stationary targets).

--Better general object interaction.

--support for personnel in vehicles to fire their weapons (BMP, open trucks/humvee, transport helicopters, assault boats)

--Realistic tracers with server option to turn tracers off for assault rifles and other small arms.

--Better VoN support.

--Better armour modeling.

--Large scale damage modeling (something like we see in Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway). Toggleable option for MP.

--Ability to make squads and fire teams(group up) in game, in real-time.

--Better MP Pilot/Gunner support with ability to see what your gunner has marked as a target.

--Better Command and Control structure with better adaptive AI that takes the load off the player somewhat. No more baby sitting like a computer (atleast built in voice command recognition).

This would all be way in future with a very small chance of coming to fruition, but its what I would like see if BIS had unlimited money and a bigger team.

-More kind of units. Most important: Wood Camo Uniform for BLUFOR and RACS and Desert Camo Uniform for OPFOR! one model would be enough.

-better movements for infantry controlling.

-new big island.

-More kind of units. Most important: Wood Camo Uniform for BLUFOR and RACS and Desert Camo Uniform for OPFOR! one model would be enough.

-better movements for infantry controlling.

-new big island.

same as above  whistle.gif

Could i add to that Robgunnatkin's list, that someone from BIS or from Black Element reads few squad-platoon leader's quidebooks. I have nothing against Dyslexci's quidebook (i'm deeply sorry if your difficult name is writen in wrong way) but official is always official. And then add all/most basic methods/tactics (whatever...) mentioned in guidebooks to this comming expansion as hardcoded features for AI. maybe optional, so that creativity has some space left... Thanks smile_o.gif

... sad_o.gif (sometimes i feel myself to be idiot, this time i don't know reason for it)

Quote[/b] ]I would love to see the option to password one side or the ability to lock one side when playing MP so you could have your squad against the public and your players could JIP your side and Public would have to fill the other side up.

Ahem - already requested on BTS. You can vote for this feature here

(...)

If BI manage all that (which is doubtful, but we can hope I guess), ArmA will truly be the ultimate super fantastic hardcore WTF! game/simulation monster of all time. Even just half of those would be extremely cool.

For now though, I would like to add one more thing to the list:

--Flying pigs

Most things requested here are not really expansion stuff. Optional expansions like this QG, will only really provide new content. Meaning: new missions/campaigns, new models, new islands, new weapons, and NOT things like improved ai, improved graphics, improved engine.

So the only real thing I would like from an expansion is a new flatter, one theme, island. Sahrani is nice but it's too hilly for many purposes and the northern theme doesn't fit too well with the southern.

Outside this expansion I want just 2 things - sexy tracers and gunfire reverberations. Those two would add something really special to the game. But again, not for this expansion.

If BI manage all that (which is doubtful, but we can hope I guess), ArmA will truly be the ultimate super fantastic hardcore WTF! game/simulation monster of all time. Even just half of those would be extremely cool.

I don't care about the expansions, I was just listing things that I would like to see in the future. I know most of them are way out of reach.

The biggest one, for me anway, is being able to dynamically mount mgs on objects.

Quote[/b] ]

For now though, I would like to add one more thing to the list:

--Flying pigs

I'm all for the flying pigs as long as that have side-mounted FFARs.

4. Sick of the Marines shit. Yeah their cool, but so is every other branch of the military. Well, maybe not USCG, lol. US Army is cooler than Marines IMO.

8. Include more branches (not just Marines always getting the glory) US Army, USN, USAF, USCG, SEALS, SFOD-D maybe USMC, and maybe even the Commisioned corps!

Apparently you've never played the game or looked at any screenshots of the game. The BLUFOR is almost entirely made up of the US ARMY (expect for the AV-8B Harrier and the A-10). There are no marine units in the game aside from the community's addons.

US-Navy-Dude

1+ WL for swearing, name calling and writing in all capital letters.

In addition, 48h vacation should be enough for you to cool down and get familiar with our forum rules.

I want to actually be able to deploy troops from aircraft without them being in your group. Currently there is no "Disembark troops" which would force them out. Also the men need to disembark more than just one at a time. I had hoped we could have guys going out both doors on the UH-60 so I do not have to sit on the ground vulnerable as hell for a full 30 seconds while the guys get out. I am just sitting there as the guys get out waiting to take an RPG to the front windshield. mad_o.gif