Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

What would you like to see?

* Some sort of moddable terrain system - probably more of a Game 2 thing, but it'd be amazing to see shell craters modelled into the terrain dynamically. It would also open up the road to things like foxholes, which I haven't seen much mention of on the forums. Being able to set up trench systems with proper fortifications would be an amazing addition to the game, since that's where the fighting is going to concentrate in any war that lasts more than a few days...

vsb2 has deformable terrain in its list of coming features. so ArmA technically should be able to.

"Virtual Tool Kit (VTK) enhancements. To be completed in Q3 2007, the VTK further extends VBS2 through additional editors, deformable terrain, thermal imaging and an API to 'plug-in' external AI"

damn now those are things that would make an expansion worthwhile and essential!!

smile_o.gif

Here are some things I would love to see:

1. An Iraq mod.... im not talking about the invasion, I want the insugency phase.

2. In the online coop games, I would love it if the enemy could mount counter attacks on cities that have been captured.

3. Artillery and Mortars... are these already in the game?

2. In the online coop games, I would love it if the enemy could mount counter attacks on cities that have been captured.

3. Artillery and Mortars... are these already in the game?

2 is already possible with the right scripting I think, though pathfinding might be an issue if they're trying to coordinate a full scale retaliation from one town to another. My poor tank columns never seem to arrive half the time when I tell their tank crews to jump in them and drive to a nearby town.

And nope, no arty and no mortars yet beyond the pseudo artillery strikes already found in user made scripts. There are static AT guns but they have no indirect fire capability. I was thinking something along these lines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M109_howitzer

Your average self propelled artillery has a shooting range of about 15-30km it seems, so I think taking them out would become a pretty high priority in any battle on an ArmA island...

I don't want anything new. Just good old things from OFP that due to some idiotic "reasoning" have been taken out of ArmA and replaced by something even more absurd.

Example: in ArmA if you shoot vehicle wheels a few times THEY TURN BROWN!!!!! WTH!!! What happened to the most simplistic idea of deflated tires that was so brilliantly realised in OFP for the first time in an FPS? VERY SIMPLE - your tires get shot out they go flat. Why does BIS feel compelled to reinvent the bycicle where it's absolutely unnecessary. Just sink the wheels geometry slightly below its axis when it's damaged, nothing else. They can turn brown only after the whole vehicle burns out - but not before then

Vehicles that get shot up also shouldn't turn rusty brown until they had burned. It happenes so many time in the game when u ride in a hummer, u come under fire, u speed up and all of a sudden your car turns shitty brown. It's still operational but it's all rusty. It's things like that that just kill ArmA; If they focus so much on the game's appearance these are the things that should be figured out first - don't leave it to the modders, BIS - u are not giving us the tools any time soon anyways.

smile_o.gif

le QUOTE: Hello Community,

Firstly, Are there any Addons (or mods) that will be featuring a complete Array of HMMWV Arrangements (Up-armored UAH, and kits with various accessories such as the Boomerang Sniper detection or even Ied Countermeasures such as the Warlock or ICE Jammers)

Also, Im wondering if someone is working on an IED mod, containing all three types of Ieds (roadside bombs; vehicle-borne; and those carried by suicide bombers.) and perhaps even a good addition of the EOD and their various tools and vehicles to fight the new threats?

I know there are a couple of packs of IEDs out there but I was wondering if anyone was taking this a step further and fully adding in the threats and countermeasures and such into the game?

This could be huge in Multiplayer, where someone could sneak behind enemy lines (an opfor unit) and lay down an IED along one of the more-traveled routes for their enemy, and for those of you worried about balance, this is why the Blufor would have the UAH's and EOD squads.

It would be silly to ignore these things, as weve seen how ied's are becomming a large new threat in the modern battlefield and I think that a few of these addons, or even a complete mod featuring these things could add a whole new level of unprecidented realism to Bis's Armed Assault. I would start work on these myself if I had any skills, and that is why I call on the valued members of the community to help smile_o.gif

HMMWV Variations from Wiki

Quote[/b] ]A partial listing of U.S. versions:

M56 Coyote

M707 HMMWV

M966 HMMWV TOW Armored

M996 Mini-Ambulance, Armored

M997 Maxi-Ambulance, Armored

M998 Cargo/Troop

M998 HMMWV Avenger

M1025 Armament Carrier, Armored

M1026 Armament Carrier, Armored W/W

M1035 Soft-Top Ambulance

M1036 TOW Armored W/W

M1037 S-250 Shelter Carrier

M1038 Cargo/Troop Carrier W/W

M1042 S-250 Shelter Carrier W/W

M1043 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored

M1044 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored W/W

M1045 TOW Up-Armored Armor

M1046 TOW Up-Armored Armor W/W

M1059 Smoke Generator Carrier

M1069 Tractor for M119 105-mm Gun

M1097 Heavy

M1097 Heavy HMMWV Avenger

M1109 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

And heres the Up-Armored Variations:

Quote[/b] ]M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

M1116 Up-Armored HMMWV

M1123 Heavy

M1121 TOW Armored

M1145 Up-Armored HMMWV

M1151 Up-Armored Capable HMMWV

M1152 Up-Armored Capable HMMWV

It might be cool to see some RG-31's (10X's Stronger than conventional HMMWV's) or other Countries Variations too wink_o.gif

Plasan_M1114GR_HMMWV.jpg

Its a call to the community, but still, BiS Just as well...

Along with big ships for each team, I think they need to add large cargo ships, small fishing boats, and so forth. So that way we can do seal operations and clear out boats. Or have them at the docks and clear the docks out of enemy drugs and ammo and then check the ships...

that would be cool.

Heres some pictures to go with my ideas.

ln03a_b.jpg

cargo-ship-optimised.jpg

i want a snow island for the expansion with vehicles plowing threw the snow. Maybe some new uniforms to go with it.

arctic-camob.jpg

snow_oversuit.jpg

maybe a T-90

T90snow.jpg

or a T-72

t-72_rd15_1.jpg

US

Spec4ce-uni-Arctic-White-100-90deg-95hl.jpg

tanks and lots of em the saharani nations are rich in oil right ? then give them some of the latest weapon systems even those not yet fielded.

- MI-24 & MI-28

- Apache

- leopard 2

- T-80 and T-90

- FN-FAL & G3

and tons of other stuff

inlove.gif I would love to ride in a Leopard 2...

And to expand on my earlier artillery post, it would add so much to the online experience... helos scouting targets, foward observers (good role for the sniper class) marking down arty coordinates and transferring them to the arty crews who set the guns and then fire.

Man portable mortars to soften up those hard points before assault, also in accordance with my earlier request for counter attacking AI, they could facilitate a fighting withdrawal/Delay action so proper defenses could be enacted in the city in queston...

I wanna see Female soldiers & units or whatever...

dune buggies..

UAV drones...

Spy planes would be great...

thumbs-up.gif

Hehe, can I change my answer to 'everything that VBS2 has listed as a feature'? smile_o.gif

Some of the bits that stood out to me after I just read them on the official site:

* Robust tracer modeling, accurate tracer/ball ratio and ‘dim tracers’ that bloom through NVG

* Wide selection of ADF and USMC units and vehicles (over 200)

* A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

* Fully functional UAV simulation

* Accurate vehicle animation depicting functionality of doors, hatches and more

* Interact with manipulate objects, e.g. traffic cones, CP signs, road spike strips

* Fatigue and suppression models for infantry

* Comprehensive User, Administrator and Editing manuals

* All Armed Assault game add-ons (??)

I'm a little confused and I'm sure someone's asked this before but - is VSB2 out? It very clearly says its released, but if it is I'm confused that it has all these features and ArmA doesn't....

Glock pistols like they have in VBS2.

And a realistic Javelin CLU ironsight, with choice of fire mode (TOP, DIR), locking display, NV, zoom, with simulated troubleshooting of CLU & Javelin tube:

4334df8a708d6d5774cceb72040c.jpg

VBS2%202007-05-22%2013-32-21-45.jpg

Hehe, can I change my answer to 'everything that VBS2 has listed as a feature'? smile_o.gif

Some of the bits that stood out to me after I just read them on the official site:

* Robust tracer modeling, accurate tracer/ball ratio and ‘dim tracers’ that bloom through NVG

* Wide selection of ADF and USMC units and vehicles (over 200)

* A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

* Fully functional UAV simulation

* Accurate vehicle animation depicting functionality of doors, hatches and more

* Interact with manipulate objects, e.g. traffic cones, CP signs, road spike strips

* Fatigue and suppression models for infantry

* Comprehensive User, Administrator and Editing manuals

* All Armed Assault game add-ons (??)

I'm a little confused and I'm sure someone's asked this before but - is VSB2 out? It very clearly says its released, but if it is I'm confused that it has all these features and ArmA doesn't....

Most people who demand VBS2 features in ArmA seem to forget that VBS and most of its features are developed by BIA, not BIS.

Haha, could you imagine a realistic Javelin with all the battery cool down and unit power up delays and considerations? You could give them out like candy and only 1-3% of users would actually manage to fire the things. rofl.gif God I love it, someone please make this. And a real top-down mode, the BIS one doesn't have it. I'd like to see T-72s hiding under overpasses.

Also someone make a real AT4, with 300 safeties and nonreloadable and such.

Here's my "Want To see" List:

Vechiles:

- M2A2/M3A2 Bradley APC. *Important, IMO!

Seriously we need a decent APC too match the BMP-2! The M113 & Stryker dosen't stand a chance against it in many occations.

- T-80/T-90 MBT:

A Tank that can stand a chance against the M1A1 Abrams.

------

General stuff:

- A.I: The AI still needs some work, especially with it's movement.

That's all I can think of for now. :*Sleepy* biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Most people who demand VBS2 features in ArmA seem to forget that VBS and most of its features are developed by BIA, not BIS.

So how do the two relate to eachother? Is the graphics engine the only thing they have in common? I appreciate they're both developed by different companies with different teams but surely if one team made a ton of quality 3d models for example, the other team would be screaming to get their hands on them...

PS I wasn't demanding. wink_o.gif

So how do the two relate to eachother? Is the graphics engine the only thing they have in common? I appreciate they're both developed by different companies with different teams but surely if one team made a ton of quality 3d models for example, the other team would be screaming to get their hands on them...

PS I wasn't demanding.  wink_o.gif

Look at the difference in pricing, that is a reason why VBS-2 features are not present. Seriously, it doesn't take a whole lot of reasoning to figure it out.

Mmkay - without starting an argument I don't think that could be entirely true. If it were then you're saying Armed Assault is deliberately stunted, in favour of trying to avoid upsetting all those agencies and militaries paying out for VBS2. Personally I thought it had more to do with all the little extra features and code required to make an entertaining computer game out of VBS.... I'm just hoping that one day some of the content BIA has worked so hard on will find its way into ArmA as well. I mean, why on earth not?

VBS2 has so much content in terms of land mass, AI options, ease of programing, amount of units, and so forth, its understandable it costs almost 2000 dollars and this game only costs 50. In fact if you compared content and amount of stuff VBS2 can do, it should be like 5000 bucks. And then taking into consideration the amount of power a computer would need to run all that info smoothly for the simulations the military runs.

VBS2 has so much content in terms of land mass, AI options, ease of programing, amount of units, and so forth, its understandable it costs almost 2000 dollars and this game only costs 50. In fact if you compared content and amount of stuff VBS2 can do, it should be like 5000 bucks. And then taking into consideration the amount of power a computer would need to run all that info smoothly for the simulations the military runs.

military have a lower standard for eye candy, and with less eye candy the soft run smoother, stable and less bugs in theory, i myself is one of those who would like trade eye candy in return of a less fancy yet solid looking and 10 times more stable game while remain same level of freedom and with lots other engine limits remove, together with some new gameplay wise features, if there is any expansion that really do that, i would pay another full price for that pack, but if that pack are mean to be like those of the BF2 ones, then count me off as i wouldnt buy it even if it cost half of the game itself, may be something around 2/5 or 1/3 would sounds more interested through

I would love to see the option to password one side or the ability to lock one side when playing MP so you could have your squad against the public and your players could JIP your side and Public would have to fill the other side up.