Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

New Racs - Lite Version

Disregard! I unzipped the the bloody PBOs into a different folder. icon_rolleyes.gif Excellent addon by the way.

Cheers!

Quote[/b] ]Disregard! I unzipped the the bloody PBOs into a different folder.

Happens to the best don't worry wink_o.gif

nice addons skaven, its good to see an old ofp addon maker back smile_o.gif

The unit and I were wishing we had M14's the other night. And then we see this! Excellent! Only thing is that in the screen shot he looks like he is holding it by an imaginary pistol grip. Can someone post a screen shot of him from his right side? Is he holding it properly?

He's holding the M14 as well as the game allows, otherwise he'll stay with his right hand finger out of the trigger since we can't edit the way the soldier holds the weapon biggrin_o.gif

btw, soon I will release a version 2 of my Racs, with all bugs mentioned fixed, and lots of things improved like Custom Recoils, Accuracy, Ai Rate of Fire, Bullet Speed, Bullet Hit Points, Editor Pictures, shadows and many other things.

There will also be a new team of Racs using a new cammo, as well as 5 new weapons, which I think will be a great surprise for some wink_o.gif

Last but not the least, new Impact Sounds for all the weapons and I made my first ARMA High Dispersion weapons for East and Racs side, not for all of the weapons but for some since this will arguably open a big debate, some will like it some will not nevertheless I will change things according to the majority's feedback as always.

Thank you wink_o.gif

Skaven, have you managed to replicate the scenario where the M60 Gunner only engages at about 70 metres from a target?

Quote[/b] ]Skaven, have you managed to replicate the scenario where the M60 Gunner only engages at about 70 metres from a target?

Yes mate, I did try it as well as I normally put them in a line and I put some unarmed enemys at different distances to check how the attack the enemy, I'm pretty sure one of your addons may be causing problems because of bad code, try removing all of your addons and see if the same happens.

Quote[/b] ]Skaven, have you managed to replicate the scenario where the M60 Gunner only engages at about 70 metres from a target?

Nope I was wrong, I checked the config for the M60 and indeed I made a big mistake, instead of 600 max range I erased one 0 and it stayed as 60 so yes you are totally corrected I wonder how this slipped, it will be fix in the Racs Vr2 soon to be release, I'm really sorry sad_o.gif

Hi, i've try this weapons and units and this is what i've seen; the

G3 aim point, is too slim and straight, it should be a bit conical; the

M14 upper side (that one with 16 marks, M144.paa) should have

just 6 marks (4 in the case of a M1A SOCOM 14") the muzzle flash

should have "3 arms" instead of two lateral ones (like an AK74), you

can see the "bidimensionality" of the vertical flame of the muzzle flash

in the M14 and i think that in the G3 too.

The units look very well done, in case of do some SF units... i'll give

'em some MITCH TCH2000 in OD green and a woodland vest, also

maybe a woodland BDU or who knows... a british woodland DPM

BDU may be pimp too. But anyway... the units and weapons look

good. Let's C ya

Everything you mentioned is being fixed, thank you for your help Wipman, you know a lot more about weapons that me, btw didn't we do some addon together at OFP? Your name rings a bell to me biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i don't remember that you and i had made OFP together; im mostly

know for be a thief and release a über pimp M4's pack, a M1911-A1,

a faces pack, a flags pack, and various units and vehicles retextures.

Ohh... "i almost forget it...!!" im also very well know for my resistance

to "give proper credits" and my bad, abusive and offensive language.

In my dear home language i speak much worst, but at least... i use

more words then... . Btwf... i'm in the slow process of steal your

M14; this brings us again to the credits "thing". Let's C ya >>;-)

Nope I was wrong, I checked the config for the M60 and indeed I made a big mistake, instead of 600 max range I erased one 0 and it stayed as 60 so yes you are totally corrected I wonder how this slipped, it will be fix in the Racs Vr2 soon to be release, I'm really sorry  sad_o.gif

Wow, Skaven, that's great Sir - I'm just really happy that my addons weren't conflicting or that I wasn't just imagining things!

Thanks so much mate - the M60 is GREAT and can't wait to use it properly in ambushes and section attacks!

It was stupid mistake Stewy and I never noticed it, correcting the maximum distance of engagement I erased a 0 by mistake and it stayed 60 instead of 600, I'm gonna kill the beta testers crazy_o.gif

Now I'm making custom recoils closer to BIS values since the majority complains that it's too easy to shhot as they are now.

I hope to release Vr2 on Saturday as promised as long as BIS release 1.08 before of course.

Great news Sir - Thanks for releasing such quality stuff so quickly! yay.gifwink_o.gif

Such cool unit!

notworthy.gif

The M60 was awesome! pistols.gif

A small update on what will be inside Version 2:

- A new team of Racs\Mercs using a different cammo (Team 2).

- 4 New weapons, 2 Fn-Fal (one with iron sights other with a sniper scope) an HK-Ump and a Walther 9mm Mpk (used as a pistol), 5th weapon still being worked.

- New Muzzle Flashes for all the weapons, exactly as BIS ones (in my opinion pretty amazing as you will see in the picture below).

- Reworked sounds.

- Improved animations.

- Better Guear Pictures (weapons and magazines).

- New Editor pictures (gives a cool look to the units in the editor and makes it easier to identify who is who, at least better than having green/red triangles all over the place).

- Reworked config file to make this weapons behave just like BIS ones, values like dispersion, rate of fire, range on fire, hit values and speed of the bullet travel have all been reworked

- New recoils (very close to BIS values).

- First approach to High Dispersion weapons, only East and Racs for now since this will in my opinion need to be changed many times, it will be very hard to make everybody happy, so I will do this slowly with your help and according to your feedback (this is why the Ska_Jam is a different .pbo file and is also very small in size, it will be very easy to make regular updates at a very small cost (2MBytes) and without compromising anything, I count on your help for this one).

- New impact sounds for all the bullets both my weapons and High-Dispersion ones.

- Better iron sights.

- Improved some textures.

- Improved shadows, however not perfect yet, I need a modeler to help me, any takers?

- Improved normal mapping.

- All bugs mentioned so far, fixed.

- 85% of the suggestions have been taken into consideration and will be presented in Vr2.

One picture of the new Muzzle Flashes, new pictures will come later.

Zasleh.jpg

To be released Friday/Saturday supposing BIS releases patch 1.08 before, I will open a new thread when version 2 is finished and ready for release.

Thank you all wink_o.gif

Single and Full-Auto (with the top texture reworked as suggested by Wipman) wink_o.gif

Nice work! M60 and camo retexture is great inlove.gif

p.s I'll contact you when my model is more complete so I won't bother you for maybe 2 weeks or so at max wink_o.gif

Very good and great looking update  smile_o.gif

Can you tell me when can be released those AK's only??

I love those all AK's  wink_o.gif

The aks are only for a future update, maybe on in Vr3 mate, ty wink_o.gif

Hi, i was wrong on the number of marks that the M14/M1A SOCOM

have in that uper side, both have 5 marks; is the M1A SOCOM which

have 3 marks, right afther the rail for the Aimpoint.

M1A SOCOM 16"

M1A Standard

M1A SOCOM II

To me... those M1A SOCOM 16" & SOCOM II are just beautyfull.

Let's C ya

Hi, i don't remember that you and i had made OFP together; im mostly

know for be a thief and release a über pimp M4's pack, a M1911-A1,

a faces pack, a flags pack, and various units and vehicles retextures.

Ohh... "i almost forget it...!!" im also very well know for my resistance

to "give proper credits" and my bad, abusive and offensive language.

In my dear home language i speak much worst, but at least... i use

more words then... . Btwf... i'm in the slow process of steal your

M14; this brings us again to the credits "thing". Let's C ya >>;-)

I suggest you a bag of this

Harden up

But to be fair you did some nice stuff and i even use one of your faces but the stuff above is pure whining.

Maybe youre know for the stuff cause its true?

Anyway, carryon

I made the new texture from the world.guns.ru website picture so... altough I don't know much about this weapon I think I got it correctely, nevertheless... thank you both  wink_o.gif