Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

Nobody ever said this was the next step in FPS.

Well he must have picked up the idea from somewhere.

It's pointless to argue against what someone has been through. He comes here to say he's disappointed or that he just doesn't like the game, and you tell him what? Nobody will feel different for whatever you say. What people here say are conclusions based on experience, they are not speculations open to debate.

I love how you ignored the rest of my post, you must not have read the rest at all considering what you are saying.

Nowhere in there did I argue with him about what he's been through, I simply stated the facts.  Multiplayer missions can be made where you can access any vehicle, evolution is not the only gamestyle, though most will go to it.

By "steer clear of this", was not meant as an insult but moreso a warning of truth if you will.   Obviously people who come from deep with the fps genre, will have and we have seen it in the past, have trouble coping with this game and feel its not quite right.  Therefore they feel they wasted their money, this is what I tend to warn them about.

I do not recall jumping his ass, I do not recall saying anything negative to him about how he may dislike the game.

The "smartass" comment was moreso directed to the community, I know had I left the window open, several people would come in and state how bugs can effect their multiplayer gameplay.

The fact that you are raising counter points in here is already nonsense to me. No need for the rest of your post.

@ ht-57

I didn't post the way I feel about this game in the way that you are taking it, I never once put you down, told you to go away, or anything such as that. All I simply said was it takes time to get used to this type of gaming if you port over from the generic fps.

Lets not get started on the count of dissapointment vs. awesome thread again..

I did not say generic fps is stupid, I currently own and on occasion with friends play, battlefield2 SF and counter strike. So I am by no means saying that FPS's are stupid.

I do agree with the lack of servers, I find myself curious about that as well.

I do agree that sometimes it gets rather irritating having to continuously rework your rank up to use anything in practicly the only servers with many people, not to mention over and over again nonstop.

I am sorry you took it so harsh, I did not mean to sound that way and I apologize for that.

As I said before and got gunned down for.... ArmA is dying! Its a fact and if you cant see it you're blind. The playing experiance is numb and what little there is to feel is loaded with bugs.

There may be a thousand severs out there but they are all empty aren't they! Like I said BIS is going to have to get serious here or this game is a wash.

I thought that good AI was just impossible to crate since no games really have very "human" AI, but Ive been playing GRAW and my god the stuff that AI does.... Its almost like playing against human players. So it can be done. Yes GRAW has some bugs and drawbacks but I think its 100 times the "sim" ArmA is.

Mr Xno

Thanks, its all good. Its just that I;m looking for a new title to play and arma seemed as though it was everything I was looking for. It just fell short of the mark for me. Hence my fustration, I really didn't mean to lash out at you.

There are some great concepts in the game that's why I went ahead and bought it. I plan on playing with the editor a bit and giving the game a few more runs, But I really don't think this game will be on my HD for much longer, But that's just me. pistols.gif

As I said before and got gunned down for.... ArmA is dying! Its a fact and if you cant see it you're blind. The playing experiance is numb and what little there is to feel is loaded with bugs.

There may be a thousand severs out there but they are all empty aren't they! Like I said BIS is going to have to get serious here or this game is a wash.

I thought that good AI was just impossible to crate since no games really have very "human" AI, but Ive been playing GRAW and my god the stuff that AI does.... Its almost like playing against human players. So it can be done. Yes GRAW has some bugs and drawbacks but I think its 100 times the "sim" ArmA is.

My main gripe with ArmA at the moment is the AI aswell, but comparing it to GRAW (or any other game) is nonsense. It is simply impossible to create an AI for ArmA the same way as you would for other games because ArmA is much more open and dynamic.

Still, the AI could be improved on and needs it desperately. Even if they just took cover properly it would be a great start.

Oh, and:

"ArmA is dying! Its a fact and if you cant see it you're blind."

Please try and refrain from statements that translate to "I'm right, and if you don't agree then you're blind." Because ArmA isn't dying from my point of view. So I guess I'm blind?

dear ht-57 for the second time i will defend ARMA biggrin_o.gif

you just bought game that you expected to be another stupid FPS shooter game

ARMA is advertised as military simulator, but you expected something else

what concerns mission, ARMA like OFP has mission editor, you create your own mission and play on it with friends, ARMA is game for creative people, thats why it has editor, it has more open engine than other games to add own weapons, islands, units and etc.

i had and still have many claims to ARMA (for dammage system, no bulletproof properties , for others) but missions and MP is due to players, not engine

if you buy truck you cannot expect it to drive fast, because truck is for heavy loads, not for fast driving like sport car

the same goes to ARMA

if i have claims , than that ARMA is not so realistic as advertised on it's box, book and other biggrin_o.gif

you are not happy with Toyota, maybe if were using mods, you can drive Trabi or Sherman or other things, it just depends on mission that someone created

I can't believe you would post this right under my post about letting people have their criticisms. +1 WL and 48 hour PR for ignoring a moderators instructions.

Next person I need to explain this to can have a week's PR. mad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]"ArmA is dying! Its a fact and if you cant see it you're blind."

Naaah. ArmA was dead when it first was released. But it has started to rise from the grave the past month(s) wink_o.gif

Yep it is gaining strength. I'm not giving up on it, I have faith in BIS that they'll sort out the bugs.

Fixing the AI's inability to target badguys right next to them, no SF medics and random crashes are my only complaints.

one of the things i didnt like about OFP and am disappointed to find it in arma is the M163 vulcan....you implemented the missiles in wheeled vehicles why not have avenger humvees and the eat counterpart like the MT-LB/SA-13 or BRDM2/SA-9 or something

the high speed jets are basically raping the friendly units and the vulcan and Shilka are pretty inadequate

on the other hand.....SAMs in arma are damn near guaranteed killers...even though they just disable it so i dont get any credit for the kill.... banghead.gif

and thought like myself that this was the next step in the world of fps IMHO save your money... banghead.gif

i feel this IS the next step...well OFP was anyway this isnt just an FPS this is a combat simulator instead of the arcadish instant action type games you have one that requires you to think like a soldier(sorta considering AI isnt 100%)

i played BF2 and it is fun...but OFP and Arma are so much more...it hard to explain but i can get into a game and lose myself in it

Quote[/b] ]"ArmA is dying! Its a fact and if you cant see it you're blind."

Naaah. ArmA was dead when it first was released. But it has started to rise from the grave the past month(s) wink_o.gif

i must agree with tioner.

But the best of it have not come yet..

... Time will Come.

edit: and yes its taking alot of time to become what it should be.. or what ment to be tounge2.gif

I'm disappointed that 90% of the multiplayer is that stupid Evolution mission.

at least you got a mission, imaging you're a ctf player like me, once you found a server you get annoyed by bugs every 5 secs

If ppl woudl stop going to servers that are populated(like 20-30players) and see that arma can be played in a smaller scale aswell, we could have alot more servers with a game on.

now its like 5 servers with 20-30 players, 10 servers, with 2-10 players and rest are empty.

The only thing that I am very disappointed by, in Arma, is that you cannot reload while moving. It has gotten me killed more times than I can count.

If there is anything that needs to be fixed ASAP, it is that.

The only way ArmA will die, is if they don't release the tools in the next few years . tounge2.gif

The only thing that I am very disappointed by, in Arma, is that you cannot reload while moving.  It has gotten me killed more times than I can count.

If there is anything that needs to be fixed ASAP, it is that.

Your problem with ArmA is pretty easy to fix then. Anyone can tell you I'm the last one to defend this game, but if that's your main problem with it, then you have an easy way ahead. That bug (?) in ArmA is only punishing you for a big mistake you're doing in you game style. Believe me, I have not been killed even once while reloading, and that's the experience of many others (OFP vets?). You do not reload your assault riffle in the open, or in any unsafe location (specially if you don't know where the enemy is). You don't even have to be caugh without bullets either. If you do, change your tactics or at least change to your side arm (if you have one) and RUN for cover, to make up for your mistake.

Dont and havnt played this game for months and months now.

The clan we have didnt like it (to lumpy) and the old ofp players were kinda just bored of a repeat game.

No tools out,lack of info from DEVS about patches,and an official place for info.

Lack of players.

Died pretty dam quick for most players except the few here in this forum (about 100 or so active people)

respect to moders and mapers for trying,and good luck with your playing wink_o.gif

I hated OFP its was so badong

I love ArmA it has it all RIGHT

Love or hate its an opinion and everybody has one.

ArmA will live on my computer for at least 7 years, yes its that good. I am sure it will live on others that long or longer.

I LOVE IT yay.gif LOVE IT yay.gif LOVE IT yay.gif

I'm personally disappointed in the Campaign. So far that is. I haven't really gotten that far into the campaign, but so far it is disapointing. After the first mission in OFP I was satisfied. It was more in-depth with the in-game. The story was told with cutscenes. I don't like how the story is told between missions with the little slideshows.

Other than that I enjoy the game. I'm kinda upset that I get low FPS in the city areas and when I'm by foilage, but I got an older computer so I really can't complain about that.

Well i dont really have a bad thing to say about arma,i love it like i loved ofp,What really impresses me is the community,an also the developers\community relationship ie,How BI keep you informed etc......

Dont get me wrong a few little things bug me like hand through the grenade launchers etc...(all the obvious ones)

But 1 inparticular is starting to annoy me a little bit,Its the animations,not all just when i see someone running and i blast them in the back with say a sniper rifle or whatever gun,they stop then the death animation kind of kicks in,it annoys me a lot because ofp had a smooth transition,ie the man who you shot in ofp would look like he had been shot an fall straight to the ground like he really had been hit with a bullet in the back,i hope people understand what iam trying to say,that is probably the best i can do to explain it,damn my stupidity....

All the best

Dan

1. I really hate the fact the the AI cannot cross bridges very well. If my squad is right in front of the bridge, why would they all try to swim across the river?

2. And why is the performance so crappy? I just spent $500 upgrading my brand new PC and the game still plays like bloody urine.

its not safe to fly with a a10 or a harrier above any armor.. they will shoot it down in 10 secs..

By this i mean we dont need shilkas anymore..

its a really anoying bug!

The game is realy fun love it.

Negitives

1.No built in good CTI like Capture the island with ai we wher told that we wher Get one sad_o.gif