Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

I have just nothing better to do.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Then get a GF and Get a Job then have a wonderfull life. smile_o.gif

or just be a nerd at the computer.. i knw which i choose along time ago lol. Once you get laid for the first time you will understand too. smile_o.gif

hm, posted negative comments in the past and it still isen't completely the game I wanted, but I must admit it has improved a lot with v1.08 and with the custom addons out right now I'm beginning to enjoy the game.

Then get a GF and Get a Job then have a wonderfull life.  smile_o.gif

or just be a nerd at the computer.. i knw which i choose along time ago lol. Once you get laid for the first time you will understand too.  smile_o.gif

Yeah...Someone who uses his computer specs as a signature and 3550 posts logged in these forums telling someone else to get a life and lose his virginity...right.

You tell 'im, you superstud you! icon_rolleyes.gif

This thread's title makes all complaints about the game entirely on-topic, and makes the illiterate moanings of obvious losers who tell them to lose their virginity entirely off-topic.

I just hope all the bugs and campaign issues get resolved, and the devs ignore the requests for trivial cosmetic changes until that is done.

Then get a GF and Get a Job then have a wonderfull life.  smile_o.gif

or just be a nerd at the computer.. i knw which i choose along time ago lol. Once you get laid for the first time you will understand too.  smile_o.gif

Yeah...Someone who uses his computer specs as a signature and 3550 posts logged in these forums telling someone else to get a life and lose his virginity...right.

You tell 'im, you superstud you! icon_rolleyes.gif

This thread's title makes all complaints about the game entirely on-topic, and makes the illiterate moanings of obvious losers who tell them to lose their virginity entirely off-topic.

I just hope all the bugs and campaign issues get resolved, and the devs ignore the requests for trivial cosmetic changes until that is done.

loool!

lmao geezer

aye   rofl.gif

back to topic:

i dislike the sound's  sad_o.gif

come on BIS smile_o.gif u can do it ways better

does anyone know why the squad leader instead of saying "clear" says Claire" ? crazy_o.gif

Tanks and armor values, what in the **** did you do BIS!?

I know there are a few ex or current military in these forums. And having sent 4 years in the US Army as a linebacker crewmember, I was wondering why you have lowered the armor values so far!?

2 rpgs to destroy an m1 now?

1 rpg to completely disable an m1?

Our bradley took 3 rpg hits in iraq, and no one ever died, nor was our equipment destroyed or disabled.

Now, if our M6 linebacker can withstand hits like we took, I highly doubt an M1 would go down so easy. I hope a tanker will chime in on this.

I don't know which vehicle I would rather take in Armed Assault now: the M1, or the M113.

Please BIS, fix the armor values on the tanks and armored vechiles.

Not only armored, but a hummvee can have survivors of rpg hits. Why is everyone declared instantly dead if a hummvee takes an rpg hit. I can see a 50% kill of the crew, but certainly not all.

Please look into this BIS.

Quote[/b] ]Like the title says, share all your negative experiences and complaints about ArmA in this thread only.

For positive feedback and praising use this thread.

The channel rules apply here too, no flamebaiting, insults etc. Violations against this result in a 24h PR (at least).

This is a negative experience and complaint.

Unless you weren't talking to me?

I'm having bad day again: Why couldn't BIS give one more scripting command so that i could check that can soldier see another soldier or is there something (and possibly what) in between. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I'm driving myself nuts when trying to figure out way to do this. But even if it's possible it's not going to be pretty if even functioning.

Arma would be just... awesome, if i just could find a way. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I'm having bad day again: Why couldn't BIS give one more scripting command so that i could check that can soldier see another soldier or is there something (and possibly what) in between. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I'm driving myself nuts when trying to figure out way to do this. But even if it's possible it's not going to be pretty if even functioning.

Arma would be just... awesome, if i just could find a way. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

knowsabout ?

Why don't you post in the editing section, along with info about what you need it for?

If you need an accurate way to check the line of sight, well maybe it's possible, but this isn't the correct thread to discuss it.

knowsabout ?

Why don't you post in the editing section, along with info about what you need it for?

If you need an accurate way to check the line of sight, well maybe it's possible, but this isn't the correct thread to discuss it.

This is the right topic: My post was about disappointing... rather small disappointment overall, but my mental health is on edge already. crazy_o.gif

Knowsabout dosen't work for that. It's about knowing, my issue is with seeing.

But yeah, i think i will try to ask about it in editing section.

...but my mental health is on edge already. crazy_o.gif ...

Hehe, so is mine, crazy_o.gif

but that's because of stuff that isn't related to ArmA whistle.gif

It was a little while ago since I played OFP, but I `m getting a STRONG deja vu´feeling when I play the singel missions. Arn´t some of them almost the same as in OFP or is it just my age spooking biggrin_o.gif

It was a little while ago since I played OFP, but I `m getting a STRONG deja vu´feeling when I play the singel missions. Arn´t some of them almost the same as in OFP or is it just my age spooking biggrin_o.gif

Your age : most OFP SP missions were better than ArmA's one wink_o.gif

yes, OFP missions were super, i still enjoy them smile_o.gif

but i wouldn't say this is disapointing in game, because this game has mission editor, so we can do it ourself, as ARMA is just platform software in which we can do what we want

soon Kolguyev, Everon, Malden will be released, with 1985 addons we can back OFP in new better graphic secenery smile_o.gif

that will be super !

disappointings are some problems in engine (not fixed since OFP, not fixed for so many years since OFP released)

- no bullet proof materials , you can destroy tank from M16, just 1000 rounds (every bullet make harm to every vehicle, 400 rounds from M249 to kill M113, BMP)

- rifle shots in doors causes vehicle burn

- 2 shots in hand kill, no heavy wouded dying after some minutes because of blood loose, or unable to move

- no ability to make jump, climb some walls

- you can go/drive easy even on crags

and new problems

- AI god-knowledge, not obey orders, shoot RPG at people and when tanks are coming, they are not armed

BIS have not finished patching yet guys. Also, I'll ask you to install vanilla Flashpoint and play that. It's just like ArmA in it's simplicity.

I say simplicity only because by the end Flashpoint had become an oddity in the gaming world. It had just about everything you could possibly think of wanting. From a pushbike to a Star Wars Star Destroyer, from a blade of grass to a moonscape.

The community will eventually go beyond anything BIS could have the time or resources to achieve.

It's early days. We will make this game what you are all expecting and BIS will do their best to help us along. Sure right now it's disapointing to some people, but have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Keep reporting your bugs and requesting your mods. Rest assured, if it ain't crazy it'll be looked into.

What sucks BIGtime are the animations & etc. Here´s a few examples:

You´re loading your weapon, you see an enemy dude coming close and starting to point at you...but there´s nothing u can do but to bang your keyboard and watch helplessly the enemy pelleting you. I´ve died hundreds of times like this and it is VERY VERY VERY frustrating&unrealistic ...it should be so that u can stop the reloading process and to be able to run for cover...but no, you just calmly reload your weapon unable to move while 7.62 bullets start to zing around you. (90% death)

Same goes to when shooting LAW´s/RPG´s, throwing that empty at-weapon takes ages...and why can´t you run fast with a LAW in your hand???

Even the weapon change to sec.weapon takes too long...you should be able to "swing" the rifle to your back and quickly grab the M9/Makarov.

In my army days we wore the assault rifles so that it hanged from our necks in front and almost NEVER in our backs.

Also u should be able to reload your weapon while moving...let´s say atleast when you´re walking.

Well that much for animations...old topics but still I hope there´s going to be a fix for all that annoying and unrealistic mentioned shit.

Another sucky issue: why is the AI able to pinpoint your exact location when sniping at PERFECT cover, and so that you retreat to bushes after intial shot...are they using FLIR´s or what...must be super senses...and dont tell me to "lower" the AI difficulty.

banghead.gif

What sucks BIGtime are the animations & etc. Here´s a few examples:

You´re loading your weapon, you see an enemy dude coming close and starting to point at you...but there´s nothing u can do but to bang your keyboard and watch helplessly the enemy pelleting you. I´ve died hundreds of times like this and it is VERY VERY VERY frustrating&unrealistic ...it should be so that u can stop the reloading process and to be able to run for cover...but no, you just calmly reload your weapon unable to move while 7.62 bullets start to zing around you. (90% death)

Same goes to when shooting LAW´s/RPG´s, throwing that empty at-weapon takes ages...and why can´t you run fast with a LAW in your hand???

Even the weapon change to sec.weapon takes too long...you should be able to "swing" the rifle to your back and quickly grab the M9/Makarov.

In my army days we wore the assault rifles so that it hanged from our necks in front and almost NEVER in our backs.

Also u should be able to reload your weapon while moving...let´s say atleast when you´re walking.

Well that much for animations...old topics but still I hope there´s going to be a fix for all that annoying and unrealistic mentioned shit.

Another sucky issue: why is the AI able to pinpoint your exact location when sniping at PERFECT cover, and so that you retreat to bushes after intial shot...are they using FLIR´s or what...must be super senses...and dont tell me to "lower" the AI difficulty.

banghead.gif

Although i agree on 2 things: We should be able to stop reloading halfway and we should be able to grab our pistol quickly (perhaps by trowing the mainweapon on the ground).

But i have to say that even if you could stop reloading halfway you will still die if you reload while not in cover. You may be able to stop reloading but the enemy will still you you in the face/back when you try to run away. tounge2.gif

I wont this discuss that AI issue again, try to read some old topics about it if you really care.

I wont this discuss that AI issue again, try to read some old topics about it if you really care.

Just throw it in a wiki page and link it instead of wasting breath mate smile_o.gif

Just throw it in a wiki page and link it instead of wasting breath mate smile_o.gif

Maybe that is a good idea..

Making a list of all the AI features, problems, how and why it works like this..

This would clear up the confusion and makes it clear for BI/modders what needs to be done about it.

I have vacation in a few weeks, maybe i will look into it.. smile_o.gif

I usually reload my weapon near cover, the sucky thing is: JUST when I start reloading the AI emerges in front of me from behind the other corner and starts to turn his face towards me, it should be easy to stop the reloading and take few steps to left and I´m safe behind the corner...and grab the pistol and shoot 9mm lead pellet to his helmet.

It should be a simple fix...just speed up the reloading animations.

Speeding up the Loading animations is for arcade-players...

Reload time is fine, they could add a feature that you can stop the reloading.

Or do like others; Take it into account instead of seeing it as an obstacle smile_o.gif

Maybe that is a good idea..

Making a list of all the AI features, problems, how and why it works like this..

This would clear up the confusion and makes it clear for BI/modders what needs to be done about it.

I have vacation in a few weeks, maybe i will look into it.. smile_o.gif

It is, but it needs some support.... As I pointed out in the 1.08 Released thread, there is no community manager atm and even though bis doesnt appoint a payed one, it might be a good thing to have some community manager that takes these issues by the horns and works out a strategy... Maybe we could get something done with the Moderators?

I don't mind chipping in, adding/managing wiki data etc. etc.

Yes, I think the charm of Arma/OFP is all in the realism, for instance the painfully slow reloading, inability to jump etc. If you manage to play the game successfully, the sense of achievement is unrivalled.

The ridiculously accurate AI is irritating though. In OFP, hiding in a bush actually kept you hidden, but now it seems that bushes, and even sometimes hard cover can be seen straight through. Anyway, all been said - I love the game on the whole and am having a blast with it since 1.8. All hail the mighty BIS.