Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

Thats pretty cool. I use a program called Autostitch, but Im experiencing a large loss of detail when converting the images to pano.

th_PIC_0140.jpg

th_PIC_0098.jpg

Thats pretty cool. I use a program called Autostitch, but Im experiencing a large loss of detail when converting the images to pano.

Yeah, photostitch in photoshop does the same, its mostly because of all the exposure and colour balancing it has to do. I guess you might get better results if you perfectly match the exposure on all the shots, but I think that'd be damn near impossible to do in-camera, so we're stuck with noisy :/ Still, impressive results tho.

Holy crap thats a nice view!

I was fishing then and I always bring some food with me to prepare on site.

Guys if only you could smell that steamin hot potato (salted and buttered later on) :)

pict0013sss.jpg

Edited by Sudayev

Another attempt at macro photo. Cottongrass, only found in the Northern Hemisphere. Damn hard to photograph because the wind moved it all the time :p

You can barely see my Border Collie swimming in the background.

th_PIC_0121rez.jpg

Bah, I'm hooked on panoramas at the moment, I would imagine its a passing phase, but still...

One I took last night:

prague_panorama_1_thumb.jpg

Bigger

Again, warning, the full size photo is BIG.

Blah, they say prague is beautiful, but for goodness sake, who put new buildings in old parts of the town? It just doesn't fit.

selportraitatwar.jpg

Self-portrait at war

somewhereuponthathorizo.jpg

Somewhere upon that horizon

redemption.jpg

Redemption

Hope these count... they are painted from real life :)

Laggy

Edited by laggy

those are beautiful Laggy, excuse my stupid question but did you painted them or """just""" took the picture ?

Sunset in St Idesbald

IMG_1298small03.jpg

IMG_1327small02.jpg

IMG_1302-1small02.jpg

IMG_1323small.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

Hi BloodnGuts,

Thanks a lot !

Yes, I painted them, that's what I do when I'm not running around, looking at the beautiful light and water effects in Chernarus.

Even if ArmA2 is by far the most beautiful/realistic looking game out there, I wish the sunsets could look more like yours :)

Laggy

Edited by laggy

They are very cool Laggy, and thats why I'm not sure if you painted them(The internet, you know)

Take it as a compliment! :)

Some nice and intense photo's up there BloodnGuts.

Really beautiful photos :cool:

@ laggy - some serious artwork there, nice facial expression. Chapeau!

Very nice pictures. And laggy, you're just too good!

Here is one of mines

090906090922813474399131.jpg

Woh, Grimm I can't even say if it's a painting or an edited picture :butbut:

(in both case it's a compliment ;)) A real work of art !

Another day at the beach :rolleyes:

IMG_1385small.jpg

IMG_1447-02small-1.jpg

BloodnGuts =) beautiful sunsets. I thing I've fallen in love with your first picture of the page, the wooden boxes on the beach. It looks very pro! What camera do you use? And did you edit your picture?

For my picture, it's an edited one, I just added more contrast and some shadows to my original take.

An other one, no edit on this, but there was a particular light on this foggy morning, and I took the picture through the window of the train.

090906115243813474400385.jpg

And here is some editing work for my Arma2 project, VTS Fight Extension. The original picture is not mine (I don't remember the source, shame on me, found it on google).

The header I made : (added unsaturation, shadows & lights, different kind of noises, created a new backround)

43443149.png

The original photo :

43443342.jpg

Edited by Grimm

Thanks grimm :)

Im not sure which pic you're talking about, the really first one of my post or the 3rd/4th ? I love the really first one, it was a cloudy windy day, there were nobody on the beach and...I don't know...there were something "special" in the air. Here is the original one :

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp226/BloodnGuts/My%20pics/IMG_1235.jpg

I'm using a Canon PowerShot SX 100 and yes I edit my pics using picasa and paint.net (PhotoShop for the poor :D). So theres no major editing, usually just working on the light, saturation and noise.

I hope I'll get PhotoShop soon :rolleyes:

I really thought your first pic was a painting. I don't know how to say that in english so I'm going to say it in french : vraiment superbe ! le travail sur la lumière, les détails que l'on devine, du grand art ! Chapeau bas.

Nice picture from the train, great atmosphere. I love travelling by train, you can "catch" so many beautiful things you would miss by travelling by car.

And jeeeee, that pic from your project is perfect mate ! Did you used PS ? Are you studying "stuff" like that or is it just a hobby ? Great talent mate.

Cya

BloodnGuts =) yes we're talking about the same picture, the first of your post. It's really beautiful, the kind of picture i could buy, sincerly.

I'm using Gimp too :) (maybe it's "the photoshop of the poor" but sincerly I prefer it, i worked on the two software for a while when I was a net designer, there is a big communauty, tons of plugins and very clever effects and processes, it's growing and updated very regularly). So to answer to you, it's a hobby, but I learnt by myself how to use the tools when I worked as graphist/web designer, and now I'm quite used to them (but with gimp I have tons of things to learn, it's never finished :bounce3:)

Edit : I'm using the panasonic's Lumix DMC FZ8 with Leica optics

Edited by Grimm

Oh god, I completely forgot about Gimp !

I had it few years ago but I didn't know how to use it so I remove it, but damn, things have change now, I'm a bit more comfortable with the picture editing, I'm gonna get it ASAP.

It's already christmas thanks to you guys, thanks a lot :)

the kind of picture i could buy, sincerly.

Well...if you say so...I can sell it to you and you'll get a dedicated underwear for FREE !

I'm kidding, IMO art is meant to be free. Well...in a perfect world it would be...

But in a perfect world all the girls would look like Pamela Anderson or Scarlett Johanson and they would live naked...aaaah the perfect world...

k, sorry about that :D

:wow_o: And your camera...slobber

ps : please excuse my local english, I'm really tired tonight

todaysmushroompicking3.th.jpg

Red shro00oms aka fly agaric

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

venusmoonjupiterconjunc.jpg

Venus conjunction + Jupiter (above) - 1.XII.2008

Next conjunction will be on 1.IV.2044 :/

Wow, epic photo Sudayev!

Does anyone know a painless way of turning Nikon RAW (NEF) files into JPG files without the original Nikon CD? Having a hard time finding a decent convertor...