Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

Are those cut or why is it such a strange format?

Had a quick play around last night, came up with these from my balcony:

normal_IMG_0034.jpg

Bigger

normal_IMG_0036.jpg

Bigger

Hope to get out into town with it over the weekend, results will surely be posted here ;)

that last one looks a little "tilt Shift" ish...

got the camera settings for that ons?

ISO, Shutter, Aperture (well, actually i would guess for the Smallest ISO possible and a long shutter time so guess only the aperture is really interesting there)

oh, and again..

can anyone recomend a versatile camera bag that has room for a 70-200 f2.8 lense without using too much force and still has room for 3-4 other lenses and accesories?

Edited by the_shadow

that last one looks a little "tilt Shift" ish...

got the camera settings for that ons?

ISO, Shutter, Aperture (well, actually i would guess for the Smallest ISO possible and a long shutter time so guess only the aperture is really interesting there)

The exif info is intact in the large size, but I'll copy/pase it here too.

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 30/1 second = 30 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 9/1 = F9
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100
# Original Date/Time = 2009:07:02 22:36:05
# Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = -4906891/1000000
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/0.03 second
# Aperture Value (APEX) = 633985/100000
Aperture = F9
# Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
# Focal Length = 85/1 mm = 85 mm

(swiped from a firefox exif viewer, hence the formatting.)

Which city is it?

If you look at the links you'll see that its Prague (I'm fairly anal about keeping my online photos in relevantly named folders:D ) and I intend to have a lot more night/evening photos soon, just trying to sort out getting a remote release, because using the timer is so very annoying :P

Some pictures taken during some of my flights over the frisian region of northwestern europe :)

seagrass.jpg

Seagrasses grown on a tidal plane near an East Frisian island.

amelandcoastline.jpg

The coastline of Ameland, one of the west frisian islands. Picture taken shortly after takeoff from the airport (where they made me pay tourist tax for every one of my 5 practice landings!)

Ameland? That's cool mate. :D Looking very good.

If you look at the links you'll see that its Prague (I'm fairly anal about keeping my online photos in relevantly named folders:D ) and I intend to have a lot more night/evening photos soon, just trying to sort out getting a remote release, because using the timer is so very annoying :P

Oh, I actually didn't checked the "path". Anyways, no tags on the walls and coke machines on the street even at night...seems like a peacefull city.

Oh, I actually didn't checked the "path". Anyways, no tags on the walls and coke machines on the street even at night...seems like a peacefull city.

DM is watching them, no need to fear. BTW, didn't notice the traffic signal with all lights enlighted so far :ok:

Hehe, I guess most people are used to the photobucket style random filenames these days. And yeah, for the most part its a really great place, there are areas that suffer with tagging, but around where I live its pretty clean and tidy.

DM is watching them, no need to fear.

Like a hawk :cool:

BTW, didn't notice the traffic signal with all lights enlighted so far :ok:
Yes, the time exposure effects are great especially in the last one.

I do love the long exposures, as soon as I've got my remote release I intend to try out some longer exposures too.

As for the effects, I love the light trails left by cars, theres an overpass just down the road from here, I might try to take some shots from up there. I did some similar shots previously (with the 300D) I'll have to re-process them at some point.

I do love the long exposures, as soon as I've got my remote release I intend to try out some longer exposures too.

As for the effects, I love the light trails left by cars, theres an overpass just down the road from here, I might try to take some shots from up there. I did some similar shots previously (with the 300D) I'll have to re-process them at some point.

I remember killagee posted some brilliant car-trail-pics here long ago... so keep 'em coming ;)

I did a lot of long exposures in the past :) I love nightphotography because of the beautifull moonlight. I will see if I cant dig some up!

So I dug around a bit in the archives, and pulled up the following.

They were all shot with the old 300D, back when I didnt really know what I was doing. Still, some came out pretty well I think.

normal_CRW_3266.jpg

Bigger

This one was shot with the old (and broken) kit lens (18-55), which had some problem with the coating on the objective, hence the halos around everything. Still, I quite like it.

normal_CRW_3271.jpg

Bigger

Switched out to the Sigma 70-300 for a bit more reach, not a "light trails" pic, but cool none the less.

normal_CRW_3280.jpg

Bigger

Light trails past uni. Hard to believe this was over 2 years ago...

normal_CRW_3305.jpg

Bigger

Passing the old level crossing (replaced by a bridge) the lights and barriers have finally been removed.

normal_CRW_3306.jpg

Bigger

Train passing under the new bridge (the crossing would be just out of shot to the bottom of the frame)

Edited by DM
fixed broken forum code

Mini series from a highway overpass

normal_CRW_3312.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_3323.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_3324.jpg

Bigger

And now for the other side of the planet.

Lightning strike in Australia

normal_CRW_7394.jpg

Bigger

Light trails on the same street as above

normal_CRW_7405.jpg

Bigger

Thanks for the pictures. The halos are a quite good looking effect, IMHO :D

And... yes... one day I'll fetch a lightning as well! :D

Quite impressive

Indeed they are!

Some from Snowdon, Wales.

snowdonEd1s.jpg

snowdonEd2s.jpg

snowdonEd3s.jpg

snowdonEd4s.jpg

snowdonEd5s.jpg

3.jpg

Central Park nightfall, person in sleeping bag.

3122800393_142fe5a1fc.jpg

New York times two.

3517692655_f915afb5d7.jpg

Uppsala central, elderly gent infront of construction.

3349079371_106e53ded7.jpg

Stockholm Central, shortly before departure of first northern bound commuter train of (some) saturday morning.

All photographs taken with a Leica M4-P and 35mm Summicron 2.0 or 21mm Color-Skopar 4.0, film stock; Kodak Tri-X (@EI 1600), Fuji Neopan 100 and Fuji Neopan 1600.

Woh, you got beautiful pics guys :)

MakersMarklow-1.jpg

MakersMark05low-2.jpg

...A gift from my mom :D

Pictures made with a Canon Power Shot SX100 IS

Edited by Macadam Cow

Woh, you got beautiful pics guys :)

+1 you said it.

This thread makes me want to get a decent camera, photography is fun. (especially panoramas, obviously :rolleyes:)

especially panoramas, obviously :rolleyes:

Panoramas you say?

Ye be warned, these files are BIG. (Also, the thumbnails do not capture the entire... width... of the pano)

moravia_panorama_1_thumb.jpg

Bigger

moravia_panorama_2_thumb.jpg

Bigger

:D

Compiled with multiple exposures in Photoshop, hence the noise (exposure/colour balancing doesnt do them any favours noise wise)

Taken in Moravia (a region of the Czech Republic) about a month ago.

Edited by DM
added location info