Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

Very nice, is it Tempelhof?

Yes, I took the pics at the 60th anniversary of the Airlift.

temp2009_01s.jpg

temp2009_18s.jpg

temp2009_17s.jpg

That first pick you have there Raedor is pretty awesome with the little guys. I just found this thread and my camera is in my car. Ill have to get it out tomorrow and upload some stuff.

The little guys are "Playmobil".

-------------------

Berlin...

Hotel Astoria

astoria_01s.jpg

ICC (International Congress Center)

icc_01s.jpg

icc_03s.jpg

trees.jpg

A so called "Festival of Lights" is taking place each autumn in Berlin since already a couple of years now. During these days a couple of locations around the city get illuminated more or even less impressive. Unfortunately I didn't made it to most of the events.

Here is the link to the website if you want to see more.

http://www.city-stiftung-berlin.eu/index.php?id=2&sprache=1

I was at Silverstone last weekend for the F1 and I finally got round to looking at the photos I took. This one is Vettel, the winner of the Grand Prix:

178Edited.jpg

As part of the build up to the race the Red Arrows got their usual place in the main spotlight. But after the last support race of the weekend this beauty nearly gave everyone a heart attack as it came in unannounced (it was expected, I just didn't know when) from behind the stand I was infront of. Never heard it coming untill it pasted a few hundred over our heads.

247Edited.jpg

She went on to do a series of loops and high speed tight turns (the usual air show stuff) all with the afterburner on.

250Edited.jpg

239Edited.jpg

296Edited.jpg

I haven't been to an air show in maybe 15 or so years, but I never remember seeing anything take place this low. I believe the centre point (or whatever its called) for all the air show portion was the corner I was at so the majority of stuff took place a few hundred feet over my head. This video I think was taken from behind the stand I was in front of.

Happy days, just got back from a trip to the US where I picked up my shiny new 50D + bits.

Its been too long since the 300D met its demise, so will be good to get out and about with an slr instead of a P&S again \o/

Happy days, just got back from a trip to the US where I picked up my shiny new 50D + bits.

Its been too long since the 300D met its demise, so will be good to get out and about with an slr instead of a P&S again \o/

That's quite an updated DM (Supah here)! I really should post some of my more recent photography but lately I keep finding I am to lazy to process my pictures from RAW :icon_rolleyes:

Cool stuff DM, hoping for some pics here soon :p Could you also explain your "bits" then? ;)

Hehe, yeah, I know the feeling about not wanting to convert the RAW's. I need to re-process almost all of my photos since they were lost with web server and PC moves.

I intend to get out and about with the new gear this weekend, got my eye on a nice tripod in one of the local camera stores for some nice nighttime long exposures. I might have to give in and head down there before the weekend tho, the bug has bitten hard again now I've got my new hardware.

As for bits:

BG-E2N battery grip, 70-200 f/4 IS L and 17-85 f/4-5.6 lenses, CIR-PL filter, lens hoods, remote release, and usual sundries like memory cards and spare batteries. And a Lowepro Fastpack 250 to carry it all round in.

Also have my eye on some Cokin filters and a super-wide/fisheye too, but the ole bank account doesnt agree with that yet. :D

Fun stuff, looking forward to see some pics. You obviously spent some of your latest modelling work into it :D Dunno if fisheyes are worth the money, depends on what you want to do. Get you a Manfrotto tripod! :p

could anyone give a tip on what to carry my Nikon D300 (soon with MB-D10 battery grip), Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Sigma 18-50 f2.8, Nikon 50mm f1.8 lenses and some more stuff in?

my gear will most likely expand with some other lenses aswell so it should be plenty of space left in it..

and also, if possible some space to store things like food and a jacket/similar in if i decide to go on a longer trip.

if it doesnt allow for the later stuff it should be possible to carry a decent hiking backpack at the same time as the camera bag.

it SHOULD/MUST be comfortable so i can do some hiking out in the wilderness without bringing any kind of transport.

im well aware that i probably cant get all this in one bag but i would prefere to have as much as possible of the features.

the rest i can always try to modify in some way.

I have a little Lowepro bag (I can get you the model name if needed) that can take a body with lens plus two more lenses (or lens + flash); it of course has some slots for batteries, cf cards or lens cleaning stuff. It has a coat included which makes it quite rainproof, at least for middle european circumstances. And it is pretty shockproof. You can wrap the bag around your rucksack or carry it on your shoulder as needed. Usually you don't want to carry more than what fits into it, at least if you have to carry all other things with you (which is the case when hiking).

I also have a bigger bag for a body + ca. 3-5 lenses, I used to use it for longer trips mainly via train or something to carry a recharger or cf card reader with me. But I can tell you that it is no fun to have a full bag like that one on your shoulder for more than a few hours, that's why I nowadays mostly choose the smaller bag and decide before starting which lens to take with me. Sure, that means less flexibility... a good solution for such all-in-one bags should be a ruck like what DM has or bigger, as it's easier to carry. You can't use it for hiking then of course, but I wouldn't suggest to do so with so many lenses anyway.

no, i get your point.. i have a Lowepro Minitrecker now, but the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 only fits if i use some force, and then it´s hard to fit the rest of the stuff..

mainly i only bring 4 things..

*D300 with attached 70-200 (thats the lense i use most of the time)

*18-50 f2.8

*SB600 flash

*Batteries, memorycards, cables and other small stuff i might use

in some rare occasions i might bring the tripod, but i rarely use it unless i know for sure i will have to use it.

important thing is that it MUST fit a D300 with attached 70-200 f2.8 lense

Get you a Manfrotto tripod! :p

Manfroto tripods can also be used to club whales to death wheen in a ray mears survival situation! I have heavy tripod too but not from manfroto ... meh!

falcon500.jpg

Here is one for starters! A RNLAF 322 Sqn F-16AM in the februari sun. It was carrying practice LGB's on its outer pylon's on the lower station of a TER-9A Triple Ejector Rack. The pilot is using his LANTIRN Targeting pod to check out me and my fancy camera!

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Another one of another one of my hobbies! Whiskey!

whiskey.jpg

A HDR Attempt at product photography.

I hate whisky. Why didn't you rotate the camera to get the F-16's wingspan in rather than trees?

Also, WOAH! Nice profiles. Really well detailed.

I hate whisky. Why didn't you rotate the camera to get the F-16's wingspan in rather than trees?

Also, WOAH! Nice profiles. Really well detailed.

Whisk(e)y is an acquired taste :) I have loads of picture showing the F-16 like that, thought I'd go for something slightly different. But because we aim to please:

falcon3500.jpg

And a whole different look at the F-16!

falcon2500.jpg

Thanks about the profiles :) I do them semi-professionally.

Manfroto tripods can also be used to club whales to death wheen in a ray mears survival situation! I have heavy tripod too but not from manfroto ... meh!

+1 for the Manfroto from me as well. But don't forget a decent head for it, as a bad head ruins the nicest tripod :)

Nice angle.

meow

Nice cat! What breed is it? I love cats, wish I could have one too but I am away from home to much.

Went with a Velbon for now, one of the local shops had a few and for the price vs weight vs current useage level, the Velbon will do nicely :)

Might upgrade to a Manfrotto one day, who knows :D

Nice cat! What breed is it? I love cats, wish I could have one too but I am away from home to much.

Is cat a breed? no clue really. Looks like a British Longhair with something else

We also have this evil bastard. Spiteful cat. But the softest thing ever. Doesn't like to cuddle. you can pet it but only on it's terms.

Then there's another 3 cats around the house, two dogs, two birds and some fish. Festive.

But cats are one of my favourite animals because they are pretty much selfsuficient. You only need to feed them and they do the rest. Dogs on the other hand are a whole lot of work that is repaid with eternal loyalty.

Edited by MehMan