Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Those camo schemes are no longer used on the AH1Z models I believe..

Yes, once I get the model config to work for the FFAR one I will also make one with 16 Hellfires. I might even be a nice boy and make versions with Sidewinders.

At the very least I do aim at three different loadouts though: What we have in game, 4x rocket pods and 4x hellfire racks.

Since it's the USMC that use the Super Cobra I believe they are all in navy grey, more or less. But I guess some grey/green camouflage might be used?

As for fully painted helicopters I just say: Wait for the new release of Mapfact's AH-64! thumbs-up.gif

Are these couple of racks usable in arma (hellfire or aim 9)? :

ah1zffarvb1.th.jpg

cool submarine the Redoutable thumbs-up.gif arma doesnt have any subs so cool addon! smile_o.gif are there subs for both opfor and blufor?

Here's the Marder. I'm almost ready to start unwrapping. I think I need to stop working on (refining) it for now and just get it out the door. After gradshow, I will pick it back up and make the necessary alterations for the arma engine (include hatches, and interior, etc).

I have shots of both the high and low poly models. The high poly has some shading artifacts in these shots due to the fact that it is a smooth mesh preview rather than polygon geometry. If you wish to have any closeups of any areas or a clearer view for the purposes of critique, just ask and I will take the necessary shots.

Click on the images for a windy maze to higher quality images.

HD

5601522370.jpg 5601522340.jpg

LD

5601522350.jpg 560152239.jpg

edit: I redid the wheels and I have poles on them still. I will remedy that shortly.

Hi, great looking Marder model; what's the variant name? the one

with two CROWS?, and... will it have openable back door?. I miss

that in all the ArmA APC's/ICV's. Let's C ya

Because of the dearth of reference for Marders prior to the 1a3, this one is kind of a composite of earlier ones. I think it would fit best as a Marder 1a1a4.

Hey guys,

Most of you probably won't remember me, but I posted some pictures of a 1991 Chevrolet Caprice a few months ago. Here is one of the pictures:

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o2newcar2hp4.jpg

Anyways, after posting that I noted some criticism and eventually decided to start over. It's been a long time, some weekends spent working a couple hours, and others none. But I'm now ready to show off my new model for you'll to analyse.

o2policegq9.th.jpg

o2police2wi0.th.jpg

o2police3ko7.th.jpg

o2police4ep7.th.jpg

o2police5rp1.th.jpg

o2police6fy4.th.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o2police7oz1.jpg

(Last image is link due to forum limit)

As far as optimising it goes, right now it has 3454 points and 3219 faces. I guess I have some work to do, but besides that, there are a few places I want to tweak.

Anyways, I was hoping you guys could comment on the model and my techniques for building it.

-I don't really know how to texture it, but I assumed I'd need to outline the headlights, taillights, and doorhandles.

-Also, the blueprints weren't very good so I had to resize a lot of stuff. I would like to know whether the different parts of the car look proportional.

i remember you. This model seems much better, but it could stand to be reduced a lot, especially on the corners. There are way too many edges there. The over all shape is nice and seems refined, but I think the overall shape of the caprice bows out to the sides.

http://www.swaqvalley.com/Blueprints/1996_Chevrolet_Impala_SS.jpg

I think the top of the rear bumper is more square, and the hood is more flat.

All that said, it's definitely an improvement over your last post, and I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Hey guys,

Most of you probably won't remember me, but I posted some pictures of a 1991 Chevrolet Caprice a few months ago. Here is one of the pictures:

<Link removed for quoting>

Anyways, after posting that I noted some criticism and eventually decided to start over. It's been a long time, some weekends spent working a couple hours, and others none. But I'm now ready to show off my new model for you'll to analyse.

<Links removed for quoting>

As far as optimising it goes, right now it has 3454 points and 3219 faces. I guess I have some work to do, but besides that, there are a few places I want to tweak.

Anyways, I was hoping you guys could comment on the model and my techniques for building it.

-I don't really know how to texture it, but I assumed I'd need to outline the headlights, taillights, and doorhandles.

-Also, the blueprints weren't very good so I had to resize a lot of stuff. I would like to know whether the different parts of the car look proportional.

Fiiiiiinaaaaaaalyyyyyyy!! Ive been wanting one since..like..forever.. I hope you will make an all black one and not just a police cruiser variant biggrin_o.gif

Nice one smellyjelly, huzzah for civvie vehicles.

plaintiff1. Just looking at that, I do hope the person who wrote "It also proved that the U.S. can build a world-class performance sedan at an affordable price" was hit by one of them. 300hp from a 5.7L engine is not world class. To put that in perspective, the Jag XJ6 had a 4.0L engine and produced 326hp.

And also people from outside the US don't like driving from gas pump to gas pump.

Nice one smellyjelly, huzzah for civvie vehicles.

plaintiff1. Just looking at that, I do hope the person who wrote "It also proved that the U.S. can build a world-class performance sedan at an affordable price" was hit by one of them. 300hp from a 5.7L engine is not world class. To put that in perspective, the Jag XJ6 had a 4.0L engine and produced 326hp.

To put what you're saying in perspective, Chevy small block v8s are lazy revving because they have a longer stroke. The longer the stroke of an engine, the more torque it will produce. Also, the longer the stroke of the engine, the lower the maximum rpms. Horsepower is vaguely a measure of torque * rpm. The real grunt comes from torque, and that chevy engine (at least the lt1) has a lot of power throughout the its rpm range, instead of being distributed mostly in the very high rpm range like those high output, short stroke honda engines.

But, what you are talking about is AJ16 the supercharged 4 litre. I have a supercharged Volkswagen golf with a 2.8 vr6 that outputs probably around 350 bhp. 320 hp out of a supercharger 4 litre is nothing to write home about. If it's a centrifugal supercharger, like mine, all the additional power is available in the top of the rev range. If you supercharged that 5.7 litre engine to +.5 bar you can expect for damn sure that it would put out a great deal more than 300 horsepower, likely more than 4, probably close to 5.

edit: Reading about the aj6 in more detail, it has the same long stroke as the lt1: 102mm. Without the supercharger, the 4l aj6 produced 235 hp and 290 lbs/ft of torque, 59 horsepower per litre/ 72 lbs/ft per litre. The 5.7l lt1 produced 300 hp and 335 lbs/ft of torque, 52 horsepower per litre/ 59 lbs/ft per litre. It's clear that the aj6 is the higher output engine when compared to this tuning of the lt1, but not by that gigantic margin with the supercharger. I wonder what the reliability record of the Jag is. Around here, Jags are known to be pretty terrible.

If we want to compare the supercharged version of the aj6 to a hypothetical modified, naturally aspirated lt1, wikipedia says:

Quote[/b] ]

Even more readily than the typical Gen 1 small block, these aspects of the LT1 and LT4 enable their horsepower to be significantly increased by the addition of high-performance air intake ducting and exhaust systems. Further, upgrading the cylinder head porting and camshaft design with appropriate supporting modifications can enable these engines to produce in excess of 400 naturally aspirated horsepower at the rear wheels, or about 500 horsepower (370 kW) at the flywheel. General assumptions for friction loss through the drivetrain are as follows: 10%-12% friction loss for manual 6-speed transmissions, and 15%-20% for automatic transmissions.

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/draw/ah1w_usmc91.jpg

Stuff like that is used, though for one project I'd suggest going to Airliners.net and getting a good picture of one in the sun, helped greatly on a project I did..

Stuff like that is used, though for one project I'd suggest going to Airliners.net and getting a good picture of one in the sun, helped greatly on a project I did..

Thats an AH-1W, not an AH-1Z colourscheme.

AFAIK, the AH-1Z is only currently fielded in the all over grey scheme.

Nothing stopping people making up some stuff tho. wink_o.gif

It's fielded?

http://images.somd.com/news/2047.jpg

Look at the stub wing vs. the lower fuselage wink_o.gif

Dark Compass Ghost Grey and Light Compass Ghost Greys are the most common USN/USMC camos, more so on USMC helos than aircraft, so that's why it's always a matter of conjecture on what is grey and what isn't because the tone changes depending on lighting conditions, and in that photo, it's plain that there is a definite two-tone rather monotone pattern.  Even the UH-1N behind it has the Dark Compass Ghost on the upper surfaces while the Light Compass Ghost Grey is on the lower surfaces.

Even the sig pic of the Super Hornet looks "monotone" but in a different situation, is a two tone camo. It just works in mysterious ways that scheme....

Hey guys,

Hey man, Yeah I remember your first work. This looks much better. You have made nice progress in the model section. Keep it up man! We need cop cars soooooo bad.

MajorBlood

Thanks for the encouragement and tips guys. I'll make some more improvements to the car, hopefully soon. In the meantime I finished the siren, I think, (I'm not sure how the config works so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do). I still need some more sounds, but I already posted that in the Addon Research Topic.

EDIT: I lowered the amount of points to about 2480. I could probably go lower, but how is that?

Thanks for the encouragement and tips guys. I'll make some more improvements to the car, hopefully soon. In the meantime I finished the siren, I think, (I'm not sure how the config works so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do). I still need some more sounds, but I already posted that in the Addon Research Topic.

EDIT: I lowered the amount of points to about 2480. I could probably go lower, but how is that?

Go as low as possible because you still have to do the entire interior.