Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

I thought they all did that? like furr and other mods did that? any way do tha walking thing in vehicles as that will be awsome. and you MUSTchange the "enemy at far range" promblem were you cant even see them.

No, they don't change the game engine, mods don't do that. Mods change the looks and behaviour of the game, but not the game itself. The engine is untouchable. Legally. Should you reverse engineer it and try to pass around the change version online you'd find yourself with a lawsuit so far up your ass it wouldn't be funny anymore.

And IIRC you can't have walking in moving vehicles, without MP bugs. Gnat did something but I'm not sure if it works well in MP or if it works at all.

Within ACE, we won't make a "suicide bomber" class, but there will be a very large variety of classes that could, if someone wanted to, be scripted within individual missions to act in such a manner.

We are also planning on making a large number of "static" models that will allow for roadblocks, checkpoints, burning tires, etc. so that it will be possible to recreate unconventional warfare in urban areas.

As for moving within vehicles, I would love to do this, but I don't know how yet. I will definately be looking into how to do this, but as MehMan states, I won't break into the hardcoded core of the game to make it happen.

I will examine the possibility to have troops "unbutton" in APCs so they can at least look around (and hopefully be able to fire).

On a similar note, we will be looking into ways to make things like fast roping, SPIE rigging, sling loading, towing, and dragging a person a possibility.

Tracers will definately be reworked. I don't know if they will look like VBS2 tracers, but we they are definately on the list to be modified.

Specific model updates, like the iron grid on Strykers will likely be done, but I can't say when at this point (if any of you want to make such a model and allow ACE to use it, I would be grateful).

Regarding zooming ability - I have spoken with rg and he is helping to bring his TrueView to ACE. There will likely be a few small changes, but I was very impressed with the overall system. Ultimately, I would like to be able to have the "zoom" of all non-scoped weapons (and non-weapon view) to be the same as if you held up a 19-inch box (same size as a monitor) at arm's length. You should see a human on screen the same size you see a human looking through that 19-inch box.

Quote[/b] ]adding vbs1 features like walking in an aircraft and opening hatches and doors will make this mod truly popular.

Well you can actually make it so that for example vehicle crews actually leave the vehicle walking on top of them with get out command without altering the game engine at all.

I rember that I saw a video of an Antonov plane somewhere where the passenger fell through the bottom. I bet that could be fixed too.

Regarding zooming ability - I have spoken with rg and he is helping to bring his TrueView to ACE. There will likely be a few small changes, but I was very impressed with the overall system. Ultimately, I would like to be able to have the "zoom" of all non-scoped weapons (and non-weapon view) to be the same as if you held up a 19-inch box (same size as a monitor) at arm's length. You should see a human on screen the same size you see a human looking through that 19-inch box.

good to hear.

hope it makes possible the use of the compass while we are in binocular view mode and also zoom the binocular view.

i already seen in ofp that there was possible to have a compass while using binoculars.

Regarding zooming ability - I have spoken with rg and he is helping to bring his TrueView to ACE.  There will likely be a few small changes, but I was very impressed with the overall system.  Ultimately, I would like to be able to have the "zoom" of all non-scoped weapons (and non-weapon view) to be the same as if you held up a 19-inch box (same size as a monitor) at arm's length.  You should see a human on screen the same size you see a human looking through that 19-inch box.

good to hear.

hope it makes possible the use of the compass while we are in binocular view mode and also zoom the binocular view.

i already seen in ofp that there was possible to have a compass while using binoculars.

the game engine is difrent then ofp buti thin kit is still possible and will be after bis realeses patches in the future,. but they are to busy fixing bug and peformance promblems.

oh and working bi pods aswell as the flashlight thing on one of the guns.. i think the M16A4 has one.it will be cool if you can get it to work. you dontneed to createthe model it is already there. you guys just need to script it.

It is possible and will be included.

Today was spent trying to get some type of thermal viewing system working. We have something that does work but still needs tweaking to make it really useful.

best of luck, we are all looking on you smile_o.gif

indeed!

good luck! the mission will come next wink_o.gif

I'm really looking forward to the release day of this addon. And i think i'm not the only one.

The more i read about it, the more i want to try it out. Gonna be locking myself up in my room for about a week ~~

Ultimately, I would like to be able to have the "zoom" of all non-scoped weapons (and non-weapon view) to be the same as if you held up a 19-inch box (same size as a monitor) at arm's length.  You should see a human on screen the same size you see a human looking through that 19-inch box.

Yes, I like this. The default field of view/zoom at the moment

is well out of proportion; like looking down binoculars the

wrong way around all the time. crazy_o.gif You can see

more at once but it's all about half the size it really should

be.

Just a quick image of an alpha build of an Australian M1A1...

post-92-1183419492.jpg

the tank is most lickly stiil wip. that is why he is missing a colur.

When an iraq, afghanistan or any other maps come out this will be awesome to use it with.

Still working on it, there are alot of mixed color choices on the web. I have mostly seen the dark brown.green.black combinations. I'll see what I can do though, thanks for the link.

@operation madman- yes i know it is still wip, was trying to post some constructive critism.

The colour scheme is going to be that same as the ADF's current vehicles.

this model pic gives you a pretty good look at them;

as17.jpg

So its black/green/brown

brown as the base.

Quick question, if I gave the BMD-1 and possibly a BMD-2 if I model the turret to you guys would you be reskinning them to match Russian federation camo or whatever you need? I'm not nearly good enough with textures myself to reskin them.

Edit: Also, if you do reskin them I'd be more than happy to regenerate the normal maps etc with the new textures.

We might reskin them to "match" the rest of the scheme that we're working with but it is not at absolute requirement. Right now, there are two/three texture artists doing most of the ACE work.

Well I'll work on getting a BMD-2 done and then pack it with the BMD-1. After that I'll finish up the model I've started.

i hope you include the ammo backpack for arma as WGL did. and make those things were you put the rpgs in. same for american soldeirs