Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

How it worked in ofp and wgl is that it was a total conversion and unit replacement, but you could run the vanilla missions with it enabled, almost flawlessly.

We are planning on (and have already done some of the missions) for an ACE campaign. Additionally, we will have a team of dedicated mission makers that constantly create awesome ACE missions. We also have plans to start working on/importing islands for ACE missions as well. A lot of things are planned, we just need the tools and the manpower.

It is coming.

We also have plans to start working on/importing islands for ACE missions as well. A lot of things are planned, we just need the tools and the manpower.

It is coming.

Does this also include your Gaia Island?

The airport on this island was for me the most realistic one i had seen. We could need something like this in ArmA wink_o.gif

Gaia was a learning tool for me. The stuff that is in the pipeline will, hopefully, knock your socks off.

will you include an installer as i cant do it becuase there is no folders in the thingy like arma/addons. i made the addon folder becuase there was none.

i hope your sounds on the weapons are like this

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I hope they can bring back the mortar system wgl has

Screenshots of what's "in the pipeline" would be most apreciated. Something to tide me over. smile_o.gif

yea and if you can release bit by bit of features on youtube and still not spoil the hole surprise then that will be great.

i will help you with missions but i amnot sure if i am good enough mission editor and i dont wantto bring the team down if the missions arent as they expected. lol if it can get me use the fetures then sign me up. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif lol

You said you are working on mujahideen fighters. so what kind are you working on arabs? or southeast asia? my hole family are arabs but i like southeast asia clothes better as it is more humble looking.

Since you are working on alot of units can you add Isrealis? I dont really findthe importants in australian troops but it is better then nothing.

Is their a way to cuase head movement aswell when he shoots. and can you fix gun position? and can you add customizable weapons? like in americas army. and i know itis possible to use the bipod so can you add that aswell?

I dont really findthe importants in australian troops but it is better then nothing.

Better than nothing? Us Aussies have been begging for decent non-VBS representation for yonks. Anyway, there ain't that many Israelis in Iraq now, are there? wink_o.gif

america is obsessed with Iraq! can we make some Afghanistan, Pakistan, palestine maps? it is only Iraq.

The reason i said i wanted isrealitrropes because you can pass off and Iraqi map as Lebanon map. But then we need hezbollah soldiers. what i want bad in terms of soldiers are the al-quada/taliban look in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

america is obsessed with Iraq! can we make some Afghanistan, Pakistan, palestine maps? it is only Iraq.

The reason i said i wanted isrealitrropes because you can pass off and Iraqi map as Lebanon map. But then we need hezbollah soldiers. what i want bad in terms of soldiers are the al-quada/taliban look in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

There is a lot coming with ACE, don't worry.

Im hoping we'll go for a few smaller representations of major forces than having tons of units for just one or two countries.

I'm very excited for this mod. Even if it does half of what WGL did.

Keep up the good work!! notworthy.gif

Insted of making it like in OFP, where BIS men and WGL men are seperate classes, you should make it so when you run ArmA with the mod at all, it replaces all BIS stuff like OFP FFUR. So you can run all BIS missions 100% ACE.

Cause it already modified the whole overall config and animations, ect. and BIS units didnt work properly while it was running in some cases, so why not just completly replace BIS stuff while running it.

NOTE TO THE THICK:

I don't mean overwrite it, file-wise, I mean just when you run it with the game, like FFUR.

Insted of making it like in OFP, where BIS men and WGL men are seperate classes, you should make it so when you run ArmA with the mod at all, it replaces all BIS stuff like OFP FFUR. So you can run all BIS missions 100% ACE.

Cause it already modified the whole overall config and animations, ect. and BIS units didnt work properly while it was running in some cases, so why not just completly replace BIS stuff while running it.

NOTE TO THE THICK:

I don't mean overwrite it, file-wise, I mean just when you run it with the game, like FFUR.

+1

Make it as and replacement mod. It should become standard.

I'm not sure what others views on it are, but I would rather wait to have it come in a bigger + more polished package than have it released early, would make it feel more 'christmassy', if you know what I mean biggrin_o.gif

While it would be great if it was all polished right off the bat, some communities really are hankering for OFP/WGL features. Not to knock BIS, but really, a lot of the WGL stuff was fun even though it was realistic and much of it should have been included right at the getgo for ArmA.. (such as the injury system, artillery and vehicle damage models).

I suppose you could replace WGL with VBS2 and you'd probably still get the same effect..

phaeden, any intreset of the be32 plane?

Could add some new features and give ya. Checking with fw200 aswell but think he will like to share it aswell.

Just browsing some screenshots and a question came up. Will humvee gunners receive the armor plates around the gunner position in order to increase their survivability?

and better yet the crows system would suit humwees great!!

yea it would but i am not sure if the game engine can do it.becuasethe crows system can measure the distance between the hmmv and the terrain/target. and i am not sure if arma can do that. But i don't really know the game engine possibilities that munch.

Those hmmvs look great!!! and was that anew island i saw in one of those pic? You should concentrate on the soldiers more. as in real life they have more stuff on them and looks more baggy and messy. and the soldiers here look like they are having the minimum equipment to go out in the field.

I hatethevest in arma maybe youcan cgange itlike this. and make them "messy" like this also http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4623/zcn2.jpg

make sure you get the "walk in vehicles" thing done. at least in the second release.

Quote[/b] ]You should concentrate on the soldiers more. as in real life they have more stuff on them and looks more baggy and messy. and the soldiers here look like they are having the minimum equipment to go out in the field.

Mod tools would be needed, AFAIK.

Quote[/b] ] make sure you get the "walk in vehicles" thing done. at least in the second release.

Yes, demand that they do something that almost certainly is not going to be possible in the engine. Better yet, demand that they do it and have it completed by the second release. icon_rolleyes.gif

yea it would but i am not sure if the game engine can do it.becuasethe crows system can measure the distance between the hmmv and the terrain/target. and i am not sure if arma can do that.

It can definitely be done. Distances are already measured when move orders are issued. The LCD display would likely pose more of a problem.