Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

Has there been a comprehensive list of features released yet? Vehicles, etc. that are going to be added?

Has there been a comprehensive list of features released yet? Vehicles, etc. that are going to be added?

Not publicly.

I'm sure you will find out when it happens smile_o.gif

I'm really hoping for standard issue marine air transports (Huey, Sea Knight/Stallion) some day, which is why I asked. smile_o.gif

Looking forward to seeing the first release.

pistols.gif A UAV? Die! bang bang! kaboom!

On a more intelligent note: It looks cool, I just have a personal vendetta against UAV's. Before you know it, robots will take over the world! nener.gif

I'll probably make videos of me shooting an AK-47 at it with some death metal since I hate UAVs so much.

lol, I love the UAVs, the Blufor Forces can just pop open a beer, kick back and enjoy wooping Opfor ass :P

Go Robot Army!

@ Mar. 21 2008,23:49)]pistols.gif A UAV? Die! bang bang! kaboom!

On a more intelligent note: It looks cool, I just have a personal vendetta against UAV's. Before you know it, robots will take over the world! nener.gif

I'll probably make videos of me shooting an AK-47 at it with some death metal since I hate UAVs so much.

I'm sorry you feel that way...we have 4 types of UAVs currently under development and the thought of making a Talon Robot has crossed my mind as well. tounge2.gif

@ Mar. 21 2008,23:49)]pistols.gif  A UAV? Die! bang bang! kaboom!

On a more intelligent note: It looks cool, I just have a personal vendetta against UAV's. Before you know it, robots will take over the world!     nener.gif

I'm sorry you feel that way...we have 4 types of UAVs currently under development and the thought of making a Talon Robot has crossed my mind as well.  tounge2.gif

You've made me an incredibly happy person !!!!

nana2.gif

@ Mar. 21 2008,23:49)]pistols.gif A UAV? Die! bang bang! kaboom!

Film with death metal! Yayay! \,,/

You guys got predator of course?

And the four wheel UAV from USArmy?

And the ship too xD

lol

so)

mayby UAV's and other robotic victim of progress only detain reliase very interesting mod?

by myself major waiting_ACE_community - waiting for more tactical, intellegent and FSW-like or BOA-like mod/ instead of new death_metal)) toys

so)

mayby UAV's and other robotic victim of progress only detain reliase very interesting mod?

by myself major waiting_ACE_community - waiting for more tactical, intellegent and FSW-like or BOA-like mod/ instead of new death_metal)) toys

While I'm glad this has stirred discussion about the mod, I can assure you that the UAVs are not what's preventing us from releasing anything.

The premise really does sound good. I'd love to see extra realism of any kind in ArmA.

Just a quick update:

We are still working very hard to get you the best product we can. The entire team has been working continuously for a long time and the work is amazing.

When creating a conversion/mod as large as ours, it does take a long time to not only create each of the hundreds of changes, modifications, and additions, but to extensively test all of those components to make sure they work together and achieve our desired results.

Some of the biggest changes we've been working on are:

Stamina System

Medical System

Vehicle Systems

Crew Server Weapons

Sound and Visual FX

We are currently testing internally. Once we've reached a point where all of the pieces work like they should, without any show-stoppers, we will open it up to a private and then a public beta.

A comprehensive PR package will be released as we get close to final release.

Cheers

i wonder if there would be sight adjectment system like what the GMJ_SightAdjustment did confused_o.gif

Will you be able to carry your wounded friends like the SLX mod did for OFP?

Quote[/b] ]i wonder if there would be sight adjectment system like what the GMJ_SightAdjustment did confused_o.gif

Possibly, in a more limited fashion. It won't be the same as the GMJ_SightAdjustment method. It's not a high-priority development item, either, so don't expect this in an initial beta.

Quote[/b] ]Will you be able to carry your wounded friends like the SLX mod did for OFP?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]We are currently testing internally. Once we've reached a point where all of the pieces work like they should, without any show-stoppers, we will open it up to a private and then a public beta.

Umm maybe it is too soon for this but what qualifications do you look for in a private beta tester? does playing WGL for countless hours count? (yeah I know that probably means half the ArmA community) biggrin_o.gif

can't wait for your work.

Quote[/b] ]We are currently testing internally. Once we've reached a point where all of the pieces work like they should, without any show-stoppers, we will open it up to a private and then a public beta.

Or howabout being a Dev for IMW? smile_o.gif Im really amazed with the work Ive seen so far. Keep it up!

Right now, we are still testing internally. We have somewhere around 50 or so dedicated, hardcore, crazy mofos that are running things through their paces.

The first private beta will likely be those that are already affiliated in some way with ACE (i.e. ShackTac, USMC Warriors). We will post more information about how to get involved with the public beta as we get closer to that time. Essentially, we will be looking for people that are willing to spend hours and hours trying to find out what is broken (or could be broken if abused) and then have the dedication to report to the appropriate place so that we can fix it.

Occasionally, beta testers just play and don't give too much in terms of feedback. While it is fun to get in before everyone else does, it is really important that one volunteers to beta test only if he (or she) is really dedicated to making ACE better and ready for public play. Sometimes beta testers also come in and want to complete change the mod (or at least make massive changes to certain parts). While ACE is a free-form development and all opinions are heard, it is usually too late to make any major changes once we are in beta. That being said, once ACE is released it should be emphasized that it is not “finished.†The development team already has plans for additional releases (and not just hotfixes if they are needed).

At this time, ACE is more or less in feature lock. There are some goodies that have been discussed (such as mortars) that have only had a preliminary once over that will still make their way into the initial release (at least that is the current plan). What this means to the community is that we are moving quickly towards release. While we are still going with the "It will be released when it is ready" philosophy, we are making giant strides towards that goal.

When it is released, you can expect that it will be a departure from most mods currently released or in-progress. First, it is massive. There are literally hundreds of features that will make ACE unique. Second, the attention to detail is simply staggering. The development team is the finest I have ever seen or worked with.

We can tell you that if you are the sort of player that is all about stats (killed/death), individualistic play (i.e. Rambo or Lone Rangerisms), or are looking for Counter-Strike (or even America's Army) in Armed Assault format, then you should look elsewhere. Like its spiritual predecessor WGL, ACE is centered on teamwork, realistic gameplay, and tactical and strategic engagements. “Shoot, Move, Communicate†really are at the core of ACE and play an integral part in the development and gameplay.

We will release more information as we get closer to release.

Cheers

What this means to the community is that we are moving quickly towards release.

Waiting for this release is pretty much the only reason I'm still playing ArmA - can't wait to see what you guys come up with. smile_o.gif

When you get your hands on it, it will be a bit of a shocker.

I am still relearning how to use all the weapons. For example, AT rounds fly like real AT rounds in ACE. As a result, 800m At-4 shots don't happen anymore. On the other hand, Javelins can now reach wayyy out there.

It is a fun process. smile_o.gif

Excuse my question as i was one of those who didn´t play WGL for OFP although looking for great realism:

Does this mod bring mainly new/advanced features and/or does it bring also new vehicle addons like that great looking UAV seen before?

I guess a combination of these two?

We're reaching for a combination of the two.

A couple things being worked on:

M1A1 TUSK

DPV

Stryker variants (through collaboration with Ryujin)

b4 you guys speaks waiting is just "waiting"

now that you start feeding us with info the waiting became a torture, and its killing me biggrin_o.gif