Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

USMC 1.4. goes ArmA

Hi now I decided to port the USMC Mod official over to Armed Assault. Through the process of transferring the Mod to Armed Assault I have reconsidered the whole concept. The original USMC Mod 1.4. had the aim to create a complete most modern (future) US Marine Corp. Now the Mod will be focused on the US Marine Corp of the 80´s. I guess some will now disappointed because they hoped to get finally some units for a Gulf War III scenario. But I made this decision because of a simple fact.

The modern US Marine Corp is undergoing a transformation in equipment. Some new stuff is already deployed (MTVR 7t Truck or M177 155mm Light Weight Howitzer) other stuff (EFV or LVSR) is still in the testing phase and will be soon available for the US Marine Corp. At the same time there are still the units in use whose replacement is already deployed (M923A3 with MTVR; M198 with M177) and the same will be for the future units (AAVP7A1 with EFV, and so on). That cause in my point of view the problem, that we have to create a lot of stuff/ add-ons to create a fully autonomic (with all his parts in combat, logistics, artillery, aviation and so on) US Marine Corps.

Therefore we start wit the 80´s, precise said the 1986. This year and period offer us the possibility to create easier a fully functionally US Marine Corps with all its units. Sure in this time the US Marine Corps had undergone a transformation too (introducing of the AV-8B, LVS, LAV-25 as example). But at all we have lesser to create and could maybe offer you faster/ earlier a complete US Marine Corp. The second advantage is, that we could go along with the Germany 1985 Mod, although we are not part of it. But we could maybe fill the gaps in some areas of the Mod. We also can easily transfer the original Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis campaign to Armed Assault, which save us some time in creating and give you a campaign to make use of the Mod add-ons. Sure we will modify the story, places, characters and missions in some parts to give you the possibility to enjoy this campaign and discover new things.

But at least we will not stay with the 80´s. We could maybe give you part for part new add-ons which will update the US Marine Corp from 1986 to 1991 to … So you can get new and modern stuff. But this is not for sure.

The add-ons will now be delivered in single pieces and not as a complete Mod. But at first we need the tools to create the most important thing. Soldiers!

And here some WIP of the M923A1 5t Truck.

LQM59.jpg

I hope I can supply you with information continually but I have a lot to do at moment.

Best of Luck with this, and I hope to finally see some of your great addons thumbs-up.gif

sounds good to me, i would love for the earl and suchey weapons pack in ofp to make a arma comeback, i just loved their m16 sounds inlove.gif and they reload sounds was kick ass smile_o.gif

Great to see you back FischKopp, best of luck with the transferal. Was rather worried that you guys would only stick to vbs.

Also nice to hear we'll see some of the good ole retro stuff, not to mention accurate USMC vehicle.

Quote[/b] ]And here some WIP of the M923A1 5t Truck.

Hi FischKopp,

Good on you for your initiative on this project, however, if you plan on making this MOD current you will need to replace the 5 ton with the 7 ton, which we currently use. If you need any additional info reguarding the US Marine Corps, give me a holler.

S/F

USMCRP

Great. thumbs-up.gif

Did you try to convert your rivers from OFP to ArmA ?

Good news smile_o.gif

Although i liked the modern day concept better it´s still very welcomed that you will release addons for ArmA.

Have you thought about converting your "old" stuff like Stallions oder Lav over? Would save quite a bit of work i think as you do´t have to redo all the things.

Awsome!

I'm so glad you guys are thinking about how your stuff will fit in with other Mods. Its exactly what is needed.

Good luck

Quote[/b] ]And here some WIP of the M923A1 5t Truck.

Hi FischKopp,

Good on you for your initiative on this project, however, if you plan on making this MOD current you will need to replace the 5 ton with the 7 ton, which we currently use. If you need any additional info reguarding the US Marine Corps, give me a holler.

S/F

USMCRP

Have you actually read his post?

Great news, and good to hear from you FK thumbs-up.gif

Seeing as you're focusing on the '80s, will you be working on an A-6? inlove.gif

Have you thought about converting your "old" stuff like Stallions oder Lav over? Would save quite a bit of work i think as you do´t have to redo all the things.

The "old stuff" will be transferred. But all is undergoing a mayor rework. In the OFP days i had not watched the quantum of the textures. So a lot off my add-ons consisted of many textures, what will be reduced in future down to one till three. Therefore every add-on has to be reworked.

Seeing as you're focusing on the '80s, will you be working on an A-6? inlove.gif

No. But this is a really good hint and I think it will be added to the current unit list.

I'd love to have the Twin engined Huey the marines use, and the Sea Knight too!

Those would both be great add ons!

The "old stuff" will be transferred. But all is undergoing a mayor rework. In the OFP days i had not watched the quantum of the textures. So a lot off my add-ons consisted of many textures, what will be reduced in future down to one till three. Therefore every add-on has to be reworked.

Awesome! biggrin_o.gif

Hi FischKopp is good to see your stuff in ArmA. If you need help modeling, texturing or whatever, you know where I am.

great news!! (gone to threat BIS with suicide bombing if the tools aren't out fast....)

oh this has got to be good. I really am looking forward to seeing this stuff role out. But hey best of luck man..

@Chops: Yes it will, but the whole naval warfrare part has a low priority. But among them the LHA class has the highest ranking.

I try to release a basic Marine Pack which shall include following to satisfy the demand of marine vehicles:

UH-1N and versions (green and 3-color)

M923A1 and versions (MERDC and CARC)

M151A2 MUTT and versions beside FAV (MERDC and CARC)

AAVP7A1 Amtrac and verions (MERDC and CARC)

from here it will be updates permanently with single add-ons.

m923a1wip01ll9.jpg

Almost finished - the 1st LOD and texture (for MERDC).

biggrin_o.gif

I still have a M113 model around with the MERDC camo on, still Alpha but if you think you could use it tell me.

looks great FK, i like the initial list of addons, cant wait!

Excellent work so far. I'm happy a UH-1N is being released! I hope a CH-53E is being planned somewhere though. I also have squadron logos perfect for texturing in photo-shop to go on the bird. Do you guys have a website or forums?