Sign in to follow this  
CzingerX

Armory

So, at the risk of sounding really ignorant, what's the point of 'unlocking' equipment that already be used in the mission editor?

Or is there extra content in ArmA that most people haven't seen yet? If so, what sort of goodies are on offer?

Quote[/b] ]Or is there extra content in ArmA that most people haven't seen yet?

As most units in editor come with a custom loadout, that doesn not include all weapons that the armory includes I´d say yes, there is content that most people haven´t had acess to yet as most editors just use the vanilla loadout. Apart from that the challenges are at times pretty funny. Still there are a lot of flaws imo, like getting "get away" sidemissions when you are riding a BMP in the sea, land within 20 seconds when you are in a plane over the sea and such.

@JagdPanther101, that certainly isn't supposed to happen smile_o.gif Please can you tell me any more specifics, like:

* Have you only seen starting equipment be re-unlocked, or also other equipment?

* I guess not, but was this the first time you started the Armory with that user profile? i.e. Did you start with only the starting equipment?

Thanks for your feedback smile_o.gif

Nope. I've unlocked 40 items (I think) and 2 of them were the the CRRC and the AH-6, which were already unlocked when I first opened the Armory. Those have been the only 2 items so far that I have "unlocked" that were already unlocked to start with.

No other unlock has either been:

A) An item already unlocked when you first open the Armory when you install the game

or

B) An item I had previously unlocked through gaining points

And no, I've opened the Armory several times already. biggrin_o.gif Over the course of about ~2 hours per night I've unlocked around 40 items. Last night was the first time (two times) I had something unlock that was already open. But again, so far no repeat "unlocks." Just the two items which are default unlocks.

I added a Armory page to the wiki, if you have some tips then please add them. Biki - Armory

Quote[/b] ]Just the two items which are default unlocks.

I think I may have found the problem here and if you want to, please confirm it for me smile_o.gif

Both of the items you mentioned have an item of the same name on another side (i.e. there is a Blufor AH6 and a RACS AH6). I'm thinking those are the items that are unlocked. I'm not saying that's necessarily nice, but I don't think it is a bug as they are 'different' items smile_o.gif

Well, I had a mission where I had to defend my location from a single Abrams tank... fair enough...

...but with an M203? And two M433s?  crazy_o.gif

yeah ive had that happen as well banghead.gif another thing that i think needs to be looked at is the adding of ammo crates to the attack/defend/ and shooting range, the reason is because when using the javlin, stinger or the OPFOR version you only have 1 use yet are up against 2+ vehicles

so far ive also found out that the Defence of an area are the hardest challenges for me ive only completed 2 out of the 50 that ive attempeted.

Would is also be possible to have it so that in the attack and defend missions, you get a point for each enemy you kill which is added even if you die, as it does kinda suck to have killed all bar 1 bad guy, only to have him kill you and you've lost those 50 points you would have got

Quote[/b] ]adding of ammo crates to the attack/defend/ and shooting range

The Firing Range has an ammo crate with the correct ammunition, but adding it to some other challenges is a good idea.

Quote[/b] ]adding of ammo crates to the attack/defend/ and shooting range

The Firing Range has an ammo crate with the correct ammunition, but adding it to some other challenges is a good idea.

thanks for the reply to my post Dna....im not use to seeing developers and such respond to suggestions....as im a WoW player .

but with my suggestion its mainly for the javlin and stinger/opfor equivalant, as i did a defending mission with a javlin and while yes, i took out 1 vehicle, i was then preferated by the 3 tanks coming from the west, south and east without having anymore at my disposal.

another thing, i did try out the Opfor KVSK anti-material rifle but i think the accuracy is out of whack on it. either that or i just suck understanding its scope (most probaly i just suck tounge2.gif ) as i found i was going through 2 mags just trying to down one inf who was at at around 300-500m aways (which is no problem for me when using the other sniper rifles)

Quote[/b] ]Just the two items which are default unlocks.

I think I may have found the problem here and if you want to, please confirm it for me smile_o.gif

Both of the items you mentioned have an item of the same name on another side (i.e. there is a Blufor AH6 and a RACS AH6). I'm thinking those are the items that are unlocked. I'm not saying that's necessarily nice, but I don't think it is a bug as they are 'different' items smile_o.gif

Well, I did unlock the M113 (RACS) the other night. But it specifically said "RACS."

Shouldn't the AH-6 and CRRC then specifically say "RACS," too?

If you're interested, I have developed an unlocker for the Armory and all single player missions (v1.06 US and v1.07 beta).  You can get it here:

http://members.shaw.ca/elkabon....1.1.txt

Thanks for that mate. I'll definately be using it.

IMHO the whole "unlocking" idea is purile and I wish game developers would do away with it. I can sort of understand it in the single missions where completing one mission unlocks another...... But in something designed as a tool to view and try equipment in the game? Strikes me as being akin to telling a trainee that if he completes the final exam for his course you'll give him the text book so he can study for it.

The Armoury is a great idea, but I honestly think it's implementation needs to be changed.

But if we have to have this unlocking thingy in there could we please at least have relevent "challenges" to complete?

For an example if I'm looking at a rifle, then make the challenge a firing range. What's the point of "can you run x number of meters in x ammount of time" if the user wants to familiarise himself with a weapon?

And how's about limiting the swimming challenge to the boats where it may actually be useful, relevent and possible? It's not that easy to get into the water in less than 30 seconds when you're standing in the middle of an island...... No. Not even Rahmadi!! banghead.gif

beating campaign missions and single missions,

gl hf! biggrin_o.gif

I have ended the campaign, but everything is locked in ARMORY, i had to reinstall the game, and since that more think are locked...

I don't have time to spend to redo the campaign... Can you please remove the locks ?

Thanks

It would be nice if you could see over all how many points you have whilst in the armory, I have done several challenges over the past week or so and unlocked nothing.

Also the transport missions never work, I go around picking up the stoopid AI, then get to the final destination...wait for the time run out....Fail! am i missing some thing here?

It would be nice if you could see over all how many points you have whilst in the armory, I have done several challenges over the past week or so and unlocked nothing.

Also the transport missions never work, I go around picking up the stoopid AI, then get to the final destination...wait for the time run out....Fail! am i missing some thing here?

Well, when you either leave the Amory or exit the game, your points reset on all the items you used. So when you come back to the Armory, you have 0 points with everything, but your previously-unlocked items are still unlocked.

You have to stay in the Armory to have your items not reset their point values. So you can leave one item, try out another, come back to the original, and your points will still be there.

Unlocked nothing? You need 200+ points with a single item to unlock a new item.

Which transport missions (I mean which item) is it doing that? I soley use the M113 to unlock and I've never had that problem. I go to each "Pick up passengers" waypoint and pick up everyone there, waiting until the new waypoint shows up (even a few extra seconds), then go to Drop-Off Point and they hop out automatically. I did have a problem the only time I tried to use the CRRC that at one Pick Up Passengers waypoint the AI wouldn't get in.

cheers for the reply.

So I have to get 200 points in one armory session? without leaving or the points will be reset. is that right? I thought it would store your points so you could work on stuff over time..60 points here, 100 points there.

The transport vehicle giving me problems was the BMP and BMP ambulance, have not tried the m113 yet, Ill give that a shot and see what happens.

Gazman, Seany - you could use my unlocker (see above). Although I haven't been able to test it in v1.05, my guess is that it would porbably work. It does seem to work in v1.06, 1.07b1 and 1.07b2.

1.05 doesn't have an armoury so I'm guessing it's not going to work wink_o.gif

Heh - right you are, plaintiff. My bad. They must be running 1.06 or one of the 1.07 betas so my unlocker should work for them.

Yeah the campign isint that good to play a second time and if that unlocks the Armoury then cheats are the way forward for that lol. biggrin_o.gif

I dont see whats wrong with the unlocking.. otherwise the armoury is kinda pointless...

If you wanna try something u can grab it in the editor.

The armoury forces you to practise with vehicles/soldiers/weapons etc by getting points to unlock new stuff.. Gives you something to aim for too...

I dont see what so bad about it?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with the Armory.

1) I've already unlocked all the single missions, and when I've gone back to try to unlock, its not worked.

2) I've played through about 8 missions in the campaign to try that way... nothing has been unlocked.

3) I'm repeatedly finding myself going up against tanks or Strykers armed with only an AK47. Is this a bug?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with the Armory.

1) I've already unlocked all the single missions, and when I've gone back to try to unlock, its not worked.

2) I've played through about 8 missions in the campaign to try that way... nothing has been unlocked.

3) I'm repeatedly finding myself going up against tanks or Strykers armed with only an AK47. Is this a bug?

If you had done any actual reading in this thread at ALL you would know that in order to unlock armoury items you must do the challenges in the armoury. Everytime you accumulate a multiple of 200 points, something is unlocked. Everytime you exit the armoury, your points return to zero, but everything you unlock stays unlocked.

If you had done any actual reading in this thread at ALL you would know that in order to unlock armoury items you must do the challenges in the armoury. Everytime you accumulate a multiple of 200 points, something is unlocked. Everytime you exit the armoury, your points return to zero, but everything you unlock stays unlocked.

Check the attitude. I wasn't looking for a flaming match. I was referring to this quote, and I have read the entire thread:

Quote[/b] ]If you complete all the singleplayer missions, everything in armory should be unlocked (it worked for me).

Its taken from page 1. Note the end.

Additionally, the big thing is going up against tanks with small arms. You can't chalk this up to feature unless BIS are sadistic developers who just want people to be frustrated, which I don't believe. It might be working as designed, but as a software developer I know that some design is flawed from the start. It happens to the best of us, I know it damn well has happened to me enough times.

Frankly, I don't want to have to sit in a M113 for 40 minutes trying to unlock everything (its not fun), but I'd rather unlock things instead of cheat.

I only just noticed this thread. I myself haven't installed the 1.07 beta so haven't experienced the Armoury for myself but if I wanted to try out some of the units in the game I would just go into the editor and plonk them in there and not faff about with all this unlocking malarky! Or am I just missing the point? Can you have access to things there that you can't normally get in the editor?

As has been said already: The editor tends to have default loadouts for every unit. So it is quite likely that you might never have tried some of the weapons.

Also, the armory provides some quick challenges, much like using the Quick Mission Editor.