Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

I can confirm the texture problems.

Patched a German 1.05 with additional beta patch.

GFX: 8800 GTS

HDD: 2 WD Raptor 36MB RAID

MEM: 2GB

When I place an A10 or a chopper in the editor, I have no icon for the chopper (but a yellow square). When I board the plane or chopper, I have absolutly no interiour textures and my HDD keeps reading with noise as if it had a read-write error.

Overall impression is I have a 50% more loading time, even when opening the editor on Rahmadi. (On previous version it started without delay.)

UPDATE:

Well, after starting the game via the new link made by the installer, I seem to got rid of the no-texture thing.

(Before I started with additional FinMod-Soundpack.)

However, the longer loading time stays.

And inside vehicles, the textures switch between 2 resolutions at short intervalls. (.5 seconds). Not only the textures of the cockpit but also these of my uniform.

I'm having all of those problems and also have the 8800GTS, someone should just send BIS an 8800 so they can test it themselves before releasing these.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Another BETA patch? BETA!!?? In BF2 them devs don't release no BETA patches and when ya DL a BF2 patch EA also gives ya one shiney real gold bullion!!! Wassap wif dat!?</span>

smile_o.gif Anyways good news I've been dying to check that Combat Hog out above Sahrani.

needed to react to this one ... you seems to be completely off reality ...

there were beta patches for BF2 and BF2142 if You decided to take part in beta test of it ...

so no difference ...

so please next time ... use GOOGLE and BRAIN ... thanks

Well, i've got the Sprocket 1.05 version and just tried installing the 1.07 beta and I got the error:

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (4c660143!b1662f28)

Anyone know how to get around this?

Getting the same CTD on loading or saving.

Random as...

When a game crashes i can usually resume from the point of crash, also some randon ArmA has stopped working.

Graphics driver has stopped working, and needed to restart.

I would love a stable ArmA to play, just frustrating.

E6600 C2 Duo

680i Mobo

8800 GTX

2 Gig Corsair twinx 2

Creative xfi

2x 150gb sata 2 NCQ in raid 0

Vista 32

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,20:15)]@Grassmonkey - YES that worked. (edit: THANK-YOU!!wink_o.gif

anyone else on Win2K got the xinput1_1.dll problem..

FIRST update your DirectX to the April 2007 version using the MS user runtime found here:

Microsoft Apr2007 DirectX user runtime DOWNLOAD FIRST then RUN

THEN

use this to fix it

Now I can get on and play with 1.07 - hope BIS can find a workaround for the final patch though.. sad_o.gif

That fix thing worked for me!!

Thanks!!

Just loaded up the game and ran around a mission for just a minute. So its working.

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,20:15)]@Grassmonkey - YES that worked.  (edit: THANK-YOU!!wink_o.gif

FIRST update your DirectX to the April 2007 version using the MS user runtime found here:

THEN

use this to fix it

Now I can get on and play with 1.07 - hope BIS can find a workaround for the final patch though.. sad_o.gif

Yeeehaaawww! It worked, thanks a bunch, mate! I've already completed a couple of challenges in the armory and I'm off to some more.

Thanks again! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Noticed 2 more bugs/features(?).

First one is about the A-10.

When you are flying a Chopper and a Shilka shoots the crap outta you, you begin to lose fuel after some damage. I dunno about the harrier but the A-10 seems to never lose any fuel cause of damage. I was able to fly around with red status like nothing ever happens, exept that a lotta smoke was coming out of my plane biggrin_o.gif

The other thing is a fairly small one.

Normally when you're driving around with a Tank everything that stands in your way (trees n stuff) got no chance and you can just drive over it. But the Traffic lights in Ortega wont give up. I tried to bring them down with an Abrams at full speed without luck, looks like they can resist everything.

After noticing that I tried the same thing with 1.05 and had no problem to drive them down.

Bug or feature?

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I'm also geting the LOD and texture flickering problem after the update, which I had experienced in rare ocasions until now.

You can check the hardware I'm using at my signature, game is a german boxed version running on Windows XP SP2

The game settings I use are "left column on low and right column on high" at 1024 x 768 32bit and 85hz.

I tried changing the settings (textures, post-processing, AA, AF) and resolution (1028x1024, 1200x1600) but I still experienced the problem.

I also tried diferent drivers (158.19 & 97.92)

A few things I noticed:

- In Ramady the LOD and texture problem takes longer to hapen than in Sahrany after loading an editor preview with a few units.

- After pressing the ESC button during a mission the game takes a long time to show the menu (it shows receiving...). If I press ALT+TAB twice the menu apears. While this happens hardrive activity is very high.

- Pressing ALT+TAB twice sometimes removes the LOD & texture problem completely (although it apears again later), sometimes partially (text and some textures are not rendered correctly) and sometimes it doesn't load the game again (I can hear the menu buttons when I move the mouse but still see Windows desktop).

- Textures seem to be quite dark and colors strange (like it hapened to me once after forcing the color depth to 16 by editing the settings file)

- Vegetation seems to cause significant FPS impact when shading set to Normal

Please let me know if you need any other information or there's anything you need me to test.

I keep getting this on instalation:

Quote[/b] ]Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

and

Quote[/b] ]Update 1.06-1.07\ADDONS\AIR.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Clicking ignore and it carries on happily.

Am using the Deutsche Online Version if that helps at all?

Anyone else had this?

I'll let it finish installing and will see if it works or not.

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,20:15)]@Grassmonkey - YES that worked. (edit: THANK-YOU!!wink_o.gif

THEN

use this to fix it

Thank`s, that did the trick. thumbs-up.gif

Ok, sorry i didnt search for that bug before i posted.

Anyhow, this patch f*** up my game. I never had LOD-problems before, but now? Well take a look at this screenshoot.

Terrible!

I can confirm this problem.

This is obviously caused by the new patch. Also the performance is terrible now.

"Old" beta 1.05+ runs like a dream wink_o.gif

What´s the problem here?

o.m.g.

This is the first time, I do have *major* problems after patching.

(which went completely fine; no errors whatsoever)

1. Renamed former 'Beta' folder (1.05+)

2. Installed 1.07 international onto 1.05 patched retail DVD[1.04/UK] version. no problems/errors (successfully)

3. Fired up ArmA (with correct 'Launch Arma Beta Patch' link; no errors)

4. Start editor; load own (simple) chopper attack mission.

OK so far; loading time seemed reasonable. (same as before)

---WoW---

Major miss of icons; ghosted icons, missing buildings, missing menue text. (on map/menue/see pics)

'Show textures' provides ~320x200 'blobs' instead of the textures

(formerly no problems here throughout 1.05+)

[Preview]

5. Did load OK. > No LOD error.

6. Hit 'ESC' ..... > MAJOR HDD trashing; no menue (with 1.05..took <= 1 sec to show up)

7. After about 1 minute [menue loading attempt] *still* major HDD trashing..still no menue! (STRG-ALT-DEL > shutdown game)

---

8. Repeat from step 3.

This time, after loading up the mission[editor], *major* texture loss.

Full blocky.

(ALT-TAB out and back fixed it)

---

9. This is no bashing. 1.06(Demo) was an *major* improvement (performance) for me and my particular setup;.. 1.07 is the very first version (from 1.00 and counting) to show up with major issues right from the get go.

10. Fellows may *not* experience any of this;..and me?

I am *really* surprised now;..you bet. (if you've read some of my former posts)

11. Not sure, if this warrants an fullblown fresh install of ArmA;..

but I took, the 1.05 files are *not* affected by 1.07 Beta patch install...

Real irony, I guess. wink_o.gif

---

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6006/arma2007051021234470mo8.jpg

-

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/576/arma2007051021235375tt3.jpg

-

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1965/arma2007051021241380ob7.jpg

The Harrier is awesome now!

Did you change anything on its config?

I can almost fly stationary now

there are other addons that conflict - and your rifle disappears - also I have had reports of the armoury freezing up when there's addons that it does not like...

I am VERY happy to report that the 1.07 beta patch vastly improves your ability to turn around on the stairs in the podesta apartment blocks. Not perfect yet -0 you still seem to have your rifle barrel about 10 inches from the pole and it sticks, but at least you CAN look up and turn around now. room for improvement still, but this is much better. Thank-you BIS.

after playing with the editor and the Armory for App. 30 mins i have got no LOD problem with nhancer 2.2.2 and tweaked 158.19 driver, however i got extened loading time and random CTD, suma which file should i sent you?

basic spec as following:

intel E6600

Chaintech 8800GTS 320MB

Asus P5B deluxe

2x 1GB kingstone 800 DDRII auto

160GB main seagate SATA HDD(with 3GB pagefile at boot sentor)

2x 80GB Seagate ATA100(with 3GB pagefile) connected to

ITE IT8212 ATA RAID card

creative SB X-FI

shortcut command:

-maxmem=1280 -nosplash -mod=FDF_Sounds;others;beta

addon in use:

Editorupdate_v102

extraSFX

NIM_Weather

RHS_hind

SLX_XMS(1.1)

JOH Marpat(desert and Woodland)

modded FDF sound mod

running 1024 x 768 32bit 75Hz

most setting in high

sheding on normal

PP on low

AA on normal

nHancer setting

AA: coverage sample 8x; enhance in-game AA setting; Gamma correction; Multi Tranperency AA

AF:16x

vsync:off

CPU: force mutli core

My patch log is thus far:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Sprocket online verze

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.05...

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (4c660143!=b1662f28)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.05 to version 1.07...

I have the softwrap/Sprocket download version and that's what I picked. I don't think I changed ca.pbo... anyone know why it's having a mismatch? I picked "ignore" and continued the installation.

I'm running vista (32) with 8800 gts, driver 160.03

also got

Quote[/b] ] - Textures seem to be quite dark and colors strange (like it hapened to me once after forcing the color depth to 16 by editing the settings file)

You can see it real good on the shadowside of a soldier, real ugly sad_o.gif

It's not driver related because there is no problem when i run AMA 1.05 (german). I hope this wil be fixed soon... confused_o.gif

am i the only one(again) who have no GFX issus, and instead getting CTD? confused_o.gif

What the he** has been done to the collective/throttle response in the helicopters?!  It is almost doing nothing!!! If I drop throttle to zero then lift should be almost removed... like removing the wings, and if I pull back on the cyclic, then grab a big handful of collective it should pull up quick, especially at speed. Yes I use a joystick... yes I want the joystick to work...  

By the way, now that the patch is working on my machine - the graphics improvements are excellent - VERY clear now, even windowed mode.  Nice job BIS!  No graphics problems at all, and the sound glitches seem better/more stable too.

(on board sound, Asus P5GD1 mobo, Asus 1950Pro ATI thing and latest drivers).

but the helicopter collective....I, and many others I know, live to fly, and ArmA COULD easily be the very best game for flyers - but only if this is fixed.

EDIT::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have JUST discovered that in patching, the joystick sensitivity settings that I have adjusted in the user.ArmAProfile file had been overwritten somehow - presumably by the new patch..?

I have reset the Z-axis settings back to 1.000000 again (they had been put back to 0.500000 somehow......!wink_o.gif

And the thing is flying roughly the same as it was in 1.05+ beta again.

So: my unreserved apologies to everyone (especially BIS) for accusing them of screwing the FM further - if anything it seems better somehow in some way I cannot put my finger on.) But PLEASE if a future install/patch is likely to change settings that users have HAD to tweak using as ancient a tool as notepad - TELL us that they will change, or at least put a note in the forums.

I still think the effect is less than it should be, and it seems odd when pointing only slightly nose-down, the effect of increasing collective to max is too slow to produce lift upwards still. Hopefully this small niggle can be addressed before 1.07 full version.

Again sorry for the shouting, but how was I to know that the settings were changed???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. what exactly was this 'cyclic animation' I read about?  The rotor-head is still static, so is my hand on the controls..?

Well doesn't matter since softwrap isn't letting me play anymore. Out of activations! I e-mailed them with a strong request for enough activations (10 or so) so this stupidity happens less frequently.

@WarWolf

plz stop the "What the HE**" "What the F@@@" speech, it wont make things better

anyway new bugs find:

HDR at night kind of messy, light from light house would light up the area for 0.1 secound then all turned black (if no moon light, with moonlight the light house would still light up the area like a flash but it wont get completely dark)

i am  currently setting the value to 32, may try 16 later, and daytime have no big problem through

brust mode on the M4A1 with M203 is wrong, 5 round per shoot, i didnt test all weapon through*ammo counter still counts 3 for all M16 with brust*

G36 sight zooming mess up

ATL+TAB still bugged

i have no time to test it more, someone plz help me to place them into BTS

oh after self weaking tracers now look like the VBS one biggrin_o.gif

Tracers look like VBS!?! GREAT! Here's what I can't wait to test out

Quote[/b] ]* T72 and Abrams turret elevation and depression modified to match realistic values

This ONE little tweak will change the way I play soo much (I did miss pummeling enemies in defilade so.)