Sign in to follow this  
Junker

Something Cracked  :(

I had to purchase another copy of Arma cus the other copy developed a nasty crack from the centre.

After looking into this i have heard a few people now have the same thing.

Is this related to cheap CDs exploding in thr drive or maybe a start of it huh.gif

What to do huh.gif

I had to purchase another copy of Arma cus the other copy developed a nasty crack from the centre.

After looking into this i have heard a few people now have the same thing.

Is this related to cheap CDs exploding in thr drive or maybe a start of it huh.gif

What to do huh.gif

Lo all i ave the same prob as this has happend to my ofp and the same with ofp-res but i had to get a NEEW drive after ofpr coz the CD blow up my drive mad_o.gifbanghead.gif

Actually, take it to the retail store you got it from and see what they say. They might replace it.

This happened to my BF2SF disc and a couple of other games. It is probably more to do with how you handle your discs also how many times you take it in and out the case.

yea i know what you mean...

to bad those anti piracy things are build in..

id like to have my original cd stored safely in the dvd case on the shelf and just run the game with the crack...

i mean it should be illegal if you own the game afterall..

these really get scratched damn fast...

yea i know what you mean...

to bad those anti piracy things are build in..

id like to have my original cd stored safely in the dvd case on the shelf and just run the game with the crack...

i mean it should be illegal if you own the game afterall..

these really get scratched damn fast...

Yeah it would be nice if BIS just let patch our game and add there own no cd. like they did with OFP:R

you have to threat you ArMa CD like a woman, be gentle with it wink_o.gif

Mine never comes outta the drive!

But i did read in Jackal's SJB Weapons thread that his actually mashed his drive aswell! wow_o.gif

Yes it did, 30 seconds after putting the disc in the drive and starting the game up for the whole disc exploded and knackered the drive. Can't really take it back, because the only pieces I was actually able to remove equate to about 1/50th of the total disc size, and bear no markings to say its an ArmA DVD. I too ended up buying another DVD from Game for just £20, but that on top of the ~£30 for the new drive (incl. labour to fit it because I know dick about that kinda thing), I'm £50 out of pocket.

Now, whether the DVD shagged the drive, the drive shagged the DVD, or it was just a random occurance remians to be seen, but its still not comforting, especially since reading this post to find its happening to other people too.

you have to threat you ArMa CD like a woman, be gentle with it wink_o.gif

Hehe ... I once broke a Red Alert 2 disc by pulling it out of the case to hard, it did'nt work at all ... just made a horrible sound in the CD Drive ... but I agree with the previous post, handle it like a lady wink_o.gif Also ... quick question, what was it doing out of your CD drive in the first place ... crazy_o.gif

I disagree!

My Arma cd gets treated a lot better than my missis!

And its never gave me any shit!

Although i do off of the missis! confused_o.gif

mine was always in my DVD rom its only when it didnt want to know anymore is when i took out and found a crack on it sad_o.gif

Yeah it would be nice if BIS just let patch our game and add there own no cd. like they did with OFP:R

That's one nice thing about the online download, you don't have to worry about damaging the original disk because there is none.

I have the US version from Atari backed up on a DVD just in case, but it is tucked away safely for when I might need to reinstall.

Avoid leaving your CD/DVDs in the sun...

Otherwise it is just cheap CD/plastic quality... It is weird tho because i am pretty sure DVDs Are thicker than CDs

Publisher printing it on chinese piece-of-crap CD? Not much BI can do, ey?

Check before you use the CD, if it got cracked (:p) before delivery it can easily brake in your CD/DVD-drive.

Or perhaps just some wierd coincidence?

... this disc destroys itself in ...

really reminds me on these words  rofl.gif

definitely complain to publisher ...

i doubt there are yet cheap chinese ArmA copies flooding market

p.s. no exe cracks discussion here

hope so too, i have my DVD game in dvd driver for about 5 months now.. confused_o.gif ( me not like it )

Sorry to hear that junker huh.gif

definitely ask for refund.

Oops, I'm sorry; however, I do hope we get a no CD patch soon.

that would be 4 years till now

Treat your DVDs/CDs better, I've never had a game break on me...