Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

*whooop drunk alert*

cameron, the shit looks good lol. dont be bothered by the endliess "omg is there news yet lol release ktnx" stuff. Just keep doing waht yourd oing. yeah. Australia 4 evar.

Oh man. Now you got me all excited. I thought it was a release. Regardless, they look great so far.

Bump. wink_o.gif

Promo1.jpg

Pic #2

(Please let that 105KB pic slide, mods. smile_o.gif )

The MOLLE FLC is more like the old LBV, it's got a zipper in the middle, and it's mesh.  The side wraparound portions are more like half that size that you got it right now. The NVGs are more tilted up, not like how you have them, where it'd be a hinderance, rather than any use of tactical value, as the Rhino mount is able to be lifted up and down more quicker. The ESS goggles need to be larger as well, if that's what you modelled.

That's an SDS I-Rack I'm making there, mate - it's not made of mesh (linky). It's currently missing the chest portion, although the older Racks come without the chest piece, like my model. I do intend to make an FLCV as well, though it will most likely be included via normal maps rather than modelled, as it is mostly mesh.

Questions for you:

- Any pics of the LBH in ACU? I need to see what colour the mesh is before I can make it. Thankfully the mesh isn't exactly transparent, so that's not a problem.

And yeah, the NODs are obviously in the wrong position, they're there for WIP reasons only at the moment, and I'm trying to get the rest of the model done before I start scripting.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll take any more you've got on board.

nice work on the new models but this leaves a question do replacement packs work with new models?

I can't imagine why not, IF the new model isn't too different selection, bone, animation, etc wise from the old unit. This may be a problem with my units, because they have will most likely have eventhandlers for NOD management, etc etc, but a replacement config is certainly possible, with the right amount of work. I do admit that the "5-seconds-of-text-replacement-and-here's-a-replacement-config" approach is not likely to be successful on these units.

I can't imagine why not, IF the new model isn't too different selection, bone, animation, etc wise from the old unit. This may be a problem with my units, because they have will most likely have eventhandlers for NOD management, etc etc, but a replacement config is certainly possible, with the right amount of work. I do admit that the "5-seconds-of-text-replacement-and-here's-a-replacement-config" approach is not likely to be successful on these units.

Oh god that would break my heart if it wasn't possible to create a replacement config for these units. Let's hope someone takes the time to figure it out.

Cameron Sir,

You always do an excellent job with these units I am so excited for them, I won't play ArmA without em. Question though, are the straps supposed to look so gray, the gray looks almost a bit overpowering :-). After this I'll stop with any criticism.

Ahh very good sir, thank you very much, no more comments besides thank you from me!

Quote[/b] ]Ahh very good sir, thank you very much, no more comments besides thank you from me!

No probs mate, btw, I'll be dirtying up/darkening the rack/kit ACU to make it match, also, so it'll all look better with more work.

Quote[/b] ]I am a lot more interested in those weaps.

U have anything to show?

I'm going to give you some hints.

a) They've been released before.

b) All by the same bloke (well, the original authors of the weapons vary, one is a well-known member of these forums, but the author of the PACK hasn't been seen for a little while, he's on holiday).

c) I've done some modifications to the SAW, size-wise, and the version I have of the weapons hasn't yet been released. Oh, and you can't find 2 of the weapons seen above in the latest version of the pack.

Quote[/b] ]what do you guys use to model?

Since I'm the only bloke working on this addon, I use O2 to do very small modifications, e.g. scaling + making NODs. My contributors (i.e. my anonymous modelling friend) uses a combination of Maya and 3DSMax.

Holliday is a nice word for being completely absent and dont even check PMs.

Woman always change everything it seems smile_o.gif

I'm going to give you some hints.

a) They've been released before.

b) All by the same bloke (well, the original authors of the weapons vary, one is a well-known member of these forums, but the author of the PACK hasn't been seen for a little while, he's on holiday).

c) I've done some modifications to the SAW, size-wise, and the version I have of the weapons hasn't yet been released. Oh, and you can't find 2 of the weapons seen above in the latest version of the pack.

Like those AI soldiers from QuakeWarz always say after a Medic givez them some health: "Oh, thank u!" smile_o.gif (in a deep, grateful voice).

It's Skaven's RACS v2 - both m16a4s were removed from V3, for some reason... SOMEONE SHOULD BRING THEM BACK!!! pistols.gif

The SAW is animated (new reaload anim,) but someone dosen't want to share good stuff with the Community smile_o.gif

Hints... who needs hints? Give us Hinds! wink_o.gif

The SAW is animated (new reaload anim,) but someone dosen't want to share good stuff with the Community smile_o.gif

Hints... who needs hints? Give us Hinds! wink_o.gif

Huh? You mean it hasn't been relesed?

It is a part of 6thsense mod, so I thougth Skaven has released it.

Well, you'll have to ask him after he's back wink_o.gif.

Anyway, if anyone wants it I can PM you the config for skeleton and anims and the model (so he can see how it's done without DLding the whole mod).

It sure is true - the SAW in Skaven's pack currently is as solid as a rock during the reload cycle, except for the ammo belt and the magazine - nothing else "opens" wow_o.gif