Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Yeah, since ballistic glasses are basically a necessity for today's US infantryman, the heavily armoured dudes will have shades to match. Fear not. smile_o.gif

Hello CameronMcDonald.

I remember playing a lot with your ACU units in OFP, and now in ArmA too. Awesome job. smile_o.gif

But I don't see the little pockets at the end of the trousers. Maybe I didn't look enough, or maybe you forgot it ?

Also, on the sleeves of the shirt, I can see buttons. I'm not sure but, I thought everything in the ACU was velcro.

Anyway, I look forward to the next update.

No, I believe that the more we bug him, the more he will work on things and post them. nener.gif

Dont you guys think he will post here as soon as he got something new to tell?

Even if he does, he will at least come back seeing that there are people who really cant wait for updates biggrin_o.gif

Easy with the updates thing the moderators might get mad and kill ur puppy if you do it to much. whistle.gif

Lol jk

Hey all, I finally returned from my expedition from the outback and have got some time to meself to resume working on the troops. At this point in time I'm still sorting out what goes where as far as gear, etc is concerned since my anonymous partner in crime is still working on getting the UV maps on the new vest 100% correct before I texture them.

I haven't got any WIP pics to show, unfortunately, however I will say that I've been flicking through some OFP work and some unreleased gear I've had on my HD for quite some time to see whether it could be used... I'm talking things like UV strobes, tons more pouches, patrol caps, glasses, goggles...

I've also been working on the rear MICH patch, and I also hope to get a rear neck protector going too. Hopefully I can get some O2 pics up soon, however I am still working on these, as best I can, so don't give up on me yet! wink_o.gif

Teeny update from myself. My accomplice has finished unwrapping our IOTV'd and DAP'd model and has sent me a release candidate to start work on, along with the corresponding UV maps. He's done a fine job, and I can only hope I texture it half as well as he's modelled, limitations nonwithstanding.

Had to reinstall ArmA today, but I should be able to show some O2 pictures very soon, since the new model has no selections defined, and needs a total resize - that will be taking up quite a bit of time for me in the next couple of days.

I also plan to finally hang up my pride and make the ACU match TOTALLY colourwise before release - that should please JBlack a bit, anyway.

Thanks Cam! Glad to see you finally back and hopefully nearing release! Dying for these units, I stopped playing ArmA while I wait!

You might have missed a WIP picture I slipped into Combat Photography thread... ...page 96.

I'm trying not to post any more pictures until I get the battle rattle applied. wink_o.gif