Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Cameron you are the one who turns the BIS shit into the good thing smile_o.gif

The standart ArmA Units should have looked like the one on the Screenie.

Good job mate, looking forward to them notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Awesome stuff - the 'cockblocker' looks very authentic!

(not being rude - that's what that part of body armour is called isn't it?)

Cameron - how's the lag factor on your 'super troops'?

Groin protector or cockblocker, whatever you wish, lol. Glad you guys like it.

Stewy, I haven't been able to try them out in a large scale brawl yet, due to some config issues I'm working out, but I should be able to get them operational soon, and I'll have a run around with them and 100+ SLAgs with armoured support.

My thought at this time is that they shouldn't be any worse than the BIS units, though this estimate will most likely change as I add more and more stuff onto them until they explode. smile_o.gif Nah, hopefully they won't be too heavyweight, at least not as bad as my other ACU units were in Flashpoint.

hehehe, nice one mate - all sounds good!

I'm surprised that you haven't made a 'zomg l33t d37ta' M4 with silencer, torch, laser NAD, 203 and at least 2 different sights!  rofl.gif

Can we have a lightly armored version as well? I know i'm just being picky, but u don't see too many people wearing crotch guards and deltoids, Thanks for all the work Cam, really, Good Stuff.

Hmm, seems like I´ll have to make soldiers with these protections my self. sad_o.gifhuh.gifconfused_o.gif

It will be great to have both versions (light and heavy), but I am not sure if Cam will have patient and time for this. whistle.gif

goodnight.gif

help.gif

Can we have a lightly armored version as well? I know i'm just being picky, but u don't see too many people wearing crotch guards and deltoids, Thanks for all the work Cam, really, Good Stuff.

I agree with this. The only time I have personalyl worn the groin and collar pieces were when I was specifically told to do so by someone with more rank than my platoon sgt. I wouldn't say that's how it is everywhere, but most soldiers I know prefer not to wear those pieces. The collar seriously restricts breathing and head movement, and the groin piece..c'mon now..is that really supposed to do anything? No matter what, a hot piece of metal (bullet or shrapnel) is still hitting you in the junk.

Great work Cam!!! xmas_o.gif

@Clavicula_nox4817

I know u like that when something hitting you in your junk tounge2.giftounge2.gif

I only wore them a few times as well. I felt like a damn catcher/umpire. Clav is dead on.... What a pain in the ass... err junk. I'd love to see em in ArmA though.

I agree with this. The only time I have personalyl worn the groin and collar pieces were when I was specifically told to do so by someone with more rank than my platoon sgt. I wouldn't say that's how it is everywhere, but most soldiers I know prefer not to wear those pieces. The collar seriously restricts breathing and head movement, and the groin piece..c'mon now..is that really supposed to do anything? No matter what, a hot piece of metal (bullet or shrapnel) is still hitting you in the junk.

Likely it was designed to try and reduce the instances of a shattered pelvis or pierced abdominal aorta. The former can be crippling and the latter deadly.

Hey guys,

nice little discussion going on here. And yes, I suppose I will make versions with and without the groin plate + DAPs (kind of reminds of the good ole "heavy" infantry with their trench-raiding gear on from WWI) - it's not that much trouble to do.

The IOTV is under construction, and although I'm not sure if he wishes to remain nameless, I must pass my profuse thanks to the modeller who kindly volunteered to lend a hand (you know who you are!wink_o.gif. The newer version, although untextured, will look far, far FAR better than what I could achieve with textures alone, so I'm rather excited. biggrin_o.gif Stay tuned.

Likely it was designed to try and reduce the instances of a shattered pelvis or pierced abdominal aorta. The former can be crippling and the latter deadly.

You are absolutely correct. That is the exact purpose it serves. Although, the uncomfortable nature and extra weight is something I didn't want to deal with. It never crossed my mind to use them unless ordered. I'd take the chance of a shattered pelvis or pierced aorta in order to increase comfort a bit in that oven. Besides, a round in the face and it's curtains, just one more way to go.

Cam,

I can't wait to use this addon. The picture are incredible. One suggestion, could you line up someone to make a replacement to be released with it. This unit, with a doubt, will be my first choice to play with after it's released. Plus, I've been having serious trouble getting any one to make me a few packs for other units. Two people said they'd make some for various units for me but, alas, no word from either in 2-3 weeks.

I look forward to playing these in game. Thanks for updating them.

good stuff, can't wait to use them.

too bad i'm going away in september and won't have access to armed assault until may/june. crazy_o.gif

Cam: that´s awesome, thanks for both version. You are the best. notworthy.gifinlove.gif

Manzilla: but in game, you can´t feel that heavy stuff. tounge2.gif

Good job mate, looking forward to them  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

It is nice yes. but rember the story of arma wink_o.gif US forces was just abt to leave the island when SLA attacked

yay.gif

Good job mate, looking forward to them notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

It is nice yes. but rember the story of arma wink_o.gif US forces was just abt to leave the island when SLA attacked

yay.gif

Thats a bug! rofl.gif

Army would never mix with Marines...neither they are leaving an Island nor they just arrived biggrin_o.gif

Think some BIS guy was a little to creative when getting that idea tounge2.gif

I'm not sure I understand the train of thought here. The Army had mostly left the island. The SLA had timed their attack for when the US Army was completely gone. By coincidence, a very small number were late leaving and were still there when the war started. The Marines arrived some time later, presumably being in the area at the time. The Army, Marine rivalry is even played out in some dialogue.

"Let's not give those Marines a reason to say they had to come in here and save our shit!"

They weren't 'mixing'.