Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures for ArmA

yeah, but they probably completely destroy CS-kiddies running around, which gets interpreted by said kiddies as the AI being "broken", because the above MG spray/spawn sniping tactics are no longer effective smile_o.gif

I guess those of you that are complaining about the ArmA AI never play with the more intelligent AI scripts and such. They are most certainly capable of providing a challenging fight to even the best and most well-coordinated teams.

I'll back you up there Dslyecxi. As a scripter & mission maker, I am certainly satisfied with the AI in ArmA. In fact, I've found that AI always follows orders better than any human player, especially when communication is difficult and they're just being non-team players.

For the reasons mentioned in my earlier post I use GroupLink

most of the time. Many of the shortcomings are or can be fixed by the community.

The ArmA AI is unparralleled in any other released game. If I'm wrong, point out an example of a game with a similar-operating dynamic AI. I'll argue back if I don't agree, but I doubt a game can be named at all. smile_o.gif

That first part of the article realy brings to attention the excellent attention to detail BIS had for battlefield factors. Foliage concealment. All aspects of sunlight and shadow. Weather. The friggen moon cycles tied to the tide! tounge2.gif

My point is: there is a lot of over inflating small bugs on this forum. Report bugs actively, but keep things in perspective! This sim is a marvel!

- oh. one of the few big things BIS didn't address is smoke/dust/obscurants, but I'm sure ACE will cover that. tounge2.gif

There is no cover to hide in Arma. We need working foxholes, bunkers and prepared defence positions. Terrain is too flat and vegetation is sparse.

Terrain is too flat and vegetation is sparse.

I would understand this complaint being leveled at OFP, but ArmA? ArmA has loads of vegetation. It seems completely appropriate to the terrain.

Microterrain, yeah, the game obviously suffers at that due to the sheer scale of the terrain being modeled. I won't argue that point. Vegetation, though? I think you're expecting something unreasonable.

Whoah !!! I just look at 1 page and I already can't close my mouth, brilliant stuff Dslyecxi, top work.

My "drool" quote .....

Quote[/b] ]Transport helos, as seen in VBS2. The MH-6 and UH-60 are in ArmA currently; the Huey, Sea Knight, and Super Stallion should show up eventually.

Hi Dsly ,

great news , thanks You for all work and effort

and just little question any plans on constant updates to TT&P to match various unique "mods" ? smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Hi Dsly ,

great news , thanks You for all work and effort

and just little question any plans on constant updates to TT&P to match various unique "mods" ? smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif

I plan to update it based upon what ShackTac plays. Since I anticipate this being primarily the Advanced Combat Environment mod combined with Chain of Command mods, that's what you should expect to see in the future.

I will also probably showcase notable mods in some capacity in the document. Time will tell - there's also another page that I haven't yet established that's going to be an "Intro to ArmA" thing that very briefly describes the game, links to various important resources, links to the mods we use as a group, and shows off some of the more prominent ArmA mods that have been released.

Nice write up, bloody ace.

I wish I could play with you blokes, sometimes 2-man co-op just gets a tad old. Damn my wireless connection!

actually i think there is only 1 stuff in ArmA which "distract" me on terrain

it's terrain texture in medium to far distance which is fuzzy ,way too flat and low detail ...

possible to fix via some trick la several Oblivion mods improving distant land via normal maps as solution ...

that's all ...

I will take my time reading it, my impression so far is: Excellent work, thank you smile_o.gif .

That first part of the article realy brings to attention the excellent attention to detail BIS had for battlefield factors.  Foliage concealment.  All aspects of sunlight and shadow.  Weather.  The friggen moon cycles tied to the tide! tounge2.gif

Is the WIND present in Arma?

well 2 out of 10 time of online play i could have a bit more realistic coop, but notthing would match what those guys do in their own server, see their video, you will know what i am talking about

That first part of the article realy brings to attention the excellent attention to detail BIS had for battlefield factors. Foliage concealment. All aspects of sunlight and shadow. Weather. The friggen moon cycles tied to the tide! tounge2.gif

Is the WIND present in Arma?

Yes, like in OPF but i believe that like before it only affects smoke and flags.

Regarding real-life tactics and CS players and so on...

* Spawn and no-spawn, there's a huge differance in gameplay

* The purpose of a real-life tactic is to be able to fight the next battle as well...I don't think a CS-player really cares about "tomorrow".

I belive it's just a different way of thinking and a different approache to the game. Very much as Coop and CTF-style is within ArmA (and was in Ofp).

/Abbe

Very nice guide, there are things i didn't even know about ArmA. smile_o.gif

This is a great piece of work Dslyecxi, really a very well job done.

I am sure it will be a great read and will improve the arma experience of many people.

I made sure to spread the news on our website as well thumbs-up.gif

I'm having trouble viewing the site? Both on firefox and IE?

I'm having trouble viewing the site? Both on firefox and IE?

Keep Trying, works fine in IE and Opera here smile_o.gif its worth the extra try yay.gif