Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Will you still play ArmA?

Can the mods please at least lock one of the two threads?

BTW: this is OFF-Topic, since it has absolutely nothing to do with Armed Assault as a game!

Theres another thread about this? I must have missed it. In any event, this is about wether or not people will play ArmA after OFP2. Not to rant on about OFP2. That's for another category smile_o.gif -- Hence: On Topic. If people start talking about OFP2 and not about wether or not they will still play ArmA... then it's surely off-topic but that was not my aim for this thread.

Oh and yall were right about the rendering thing. But I know for a fact there's a huge GFXical difference. I had vista and dx10 + c&c 3, and played world in conflict (DX10 supported games)... huge difference. Then I got rid of vista

I will play the product that has the better gameplay. Frankly I don't care who makes it. Looking forward for more facts about OFP2.

After checking a trailer of Collin McRae Dirt, which is based on the same Neon engine, I am not so sure if that first picture is a render after all ( reworked perhaps, but it looks out of the engine ).

Chill out Albert, or I'll start to think you're on BIS's payroll. tounge2.gif

As already has been multiple times stated I don't give a fart from whom's the game is and if OFP 2 will be better than ArmA then hell absolutelly yes.

<span style='color:red'>Codemasters: Operation Flashpoint 2</span> will no doubt be different from <span style='color:blue'>Bohemia Interactive Studios: GAME2</span> but to be honest we can't really judge or discuss something that hasn't even been shown as a realised product with enough gusto for it be a meaningful discussion.

I think we'll have to judge the products for what they are when they come out. I personally always support the underdog, but at the end of the day business is business and the better product will succeed ( GO BIS!!! biggrin_o.gif ). Good luck to both of them, at the end of the day we are the ones who will benefit.

What we can be assured of is that with a little bit of competition BIS will up the ante and there might be a few more surprises for us included in the future and in their next game; to keep the fan base and this somewhat niche market share. What we can be assured of is that the next game from both of these companies will be dealing with next generation graphics and engines; Codemaster - with their Neon engine and BIS - with their Next generation engine (possibly being developed as we speak).

I think we'll have to play the paitence game again, but in the mean time lets make the most of this fantastic (so I've heard) game; <span style='color:orange'>ARMA</span>, and enjoy it, I've still to finish my rig and put it through it's paces!!!!

What are you talking about "demo you can walk through"? Sounds interesting smile_o.gif

If you mean what I wrote about Crysis, well, it's a connection I made to Far Cry. When that was released everybody was hyping it "oooh, but it looks soooo good!", played through it maybe once, put it away and said "hmm, not very interesting, but looks soooo good!".

wink_o.gif

Future uses where mostly limited to taking nice screenshots and maybe install a fake hdr mod or a couple of maps and that's about it. Ofc there were also people that played it endlessly, it's just not what most people seemed to do.

That makes it more interesting to know that Far Cry also served as an advertisement for its engine, just like Doom III (for example) did and Crysis will, well, already is doing (linkage).

Well, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when Crysis is released, but I doubt it could bring what's needed to stop me from playing mostly ArmA, or hopefuly Game2 in the future, anyway, so I'm not wasting too much thought about this right now.

I've also heard that different people have different tastes, maybe I should look into that, hehe.

From the prespective of "who is right?", Codemasters own the name, but everything else is BIS's creation. Mainly the Idea for such a game.

From what I heard about game 2, it's going to be a "Soldier RPG". That has the potential of being as innovative as OFP was in 2001.

But if Codemasters do a great game, why not? I just don't think it will be replacement to game 2/ArmA. It will be a "realistic" FPS of some sort.

Seems as if BIS has their first and most formidable opponent to keep ArmA players playing biggrin_o.gif

I can safely say I will NOT Buy this, I will instead save my money to buy Game2 so that my money goes to the REAL makers of the Operation Flashpoint game

1 Picture (again not in game but a render) vs full game errr, my money is with the released game. I will stop playing ArmA when I get bored with it like all other games.

Simple.

It depends, I mean provided the games are equal gameplay wise at that point in time I will still play ArmA. Mainly because I will be able to max it out with a year-old PC. That probably, won't be the case with OFP2 though.

I'll try OFP2 when it comes out.  But, make no mistake about it;

I will always support BIS notworthy.gif

Hm... Im very much looking forward to OFP2 (not game2). If the game has the good old advantages like ofp/arma (freedom, editor, addon compatibility etc) I will surely play OFP2 instead of crappy ArmA.

For ArmA I didnt get a new PC... for OFP2 Id do gladly though. Codermasters was anyway better of with some other company, BIs is simply too small and thus way too slow.

BTw. did anyone notice that the pic could be from a movie scene rather than from a gameplay scene ?

Note how the left soldier is lying there.... this cant be possible in a game, can it ? (imagine pressing a key to do that)

if ofp2 is set in europe including uk as advertised last one and is nice feel without need for modding and waiting for a community to enhance, then ofp2 will be the way to go.

if ofp2 is small island small number of units then i will play maybe 10 times and file it under s for shite.

If we are waiting for CWCR to release old maps and islands then this will be 2008 so then maybe tools are released after cwcr made beta test and we have nice face off , ofp in arma engine aka cwcr vs ofp2 smile_o.gif

its win win win .

Well for one thing, that image is rendered.. its not completely ingame footage.. looks edited to me...

Also remember that this hasnt be developed by BIS, therefore it will be running a different engine (not Poseidon OR Poseidon 2) therefore the game will probably be completely different.

Codemasters are probably more for sales therefore i would expect the game to be more arcade-ish wink_o.gif

I will however try Operation Flashpoint 2, i am a regular consumer and not a 'fan boy' of BIS despite my admiration for their games. But im thinking its not going to be the BIS game we're all used to.

So bring on Game2 smile_o.gif

I think your mistaken jack-uk, i think that codemaster owns the whole thing ( Platform and Name ) thats why BIS had to change the platform that Armed Assault runs.

I think your mistaken jack-uk, i think that codemaster owns the whole thing ( Platform and Name ) thats why BIS had to change the platform that Armed Assault runs.

You mean graphics engine? No, BIS owns the engine. VBS1 uses the OFP engine and Codemasters is not involved in that.

Seems no-one is concerned it will also be available for console? The detail of PC games never ports to console particulary well or vice versa hence they have to dumb down many elements.

I foresee it being more like one of those nasty Tom Clancy games.

Can we expect BIS to make an announcement to the press to counterattack Codemasters'?

I hope so ^^

Personnally, I don't really care about Codemasters or BIS;

But at equal quality, I'd keep on playing Game 2.

BIS has a hell of a way with taking care of their customers (patches and updates).

Go BIS go!

Oh whoa yes it is a Render. Doh! But games to have that sorta quality now-a-days.. I doubt it'll be identicle to the image but close. Still, it's gunna take a lot to pry me away from ArmA... Only thing that'll pry me away are two things:

1. Excellent Command Editor

2. All the regulars in Karrillions server switch over smile_o.gif

Typically I'll jump ship for new product, but in the case of BIS vs. Codemasters and OFP2 vs. ARMA I'll clearly be making the Hammer n' Sickle blow the hell outta the Codemasters Logo on YouTube

pistols.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gif