Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

ok so if i raised it then others should be able too see farther if they wanted...

only reason im saying this is bc you can choose to remove grass (which we did) so I would think veiw distance could be controlled serverside, especially if the mission maker never specified one.

Thaks for this, BIS! Performance is a little better now, but not as good as in 1.04. I still dont understand why the bushes and trees in arma eats fps, they are not that pretty, and other games (like STALKER) have no fps-drop when looking at bushes.

(Not trying to compare ArmA to Stalker)

All in all a nice easter-egg this, off to play. wink_o.gif

"   ah6 still can not engage the infrantry well "

i already in my addons fixed this, so BIS haven't done it ?

there is wrong weapon class

when i changed it my AH6, UH60, Mi17 use weapons smile_o.gif

i must test rest of mission bugs and than i can tell something more about patch

Once again, the patch is just an engine update, BIS said there are no modifications to the data pbos & configs. I'm guessing that means they're still updating them but saving it all for the full patch.

@BIS

I really love this new patch even if Beta. Major performance

increase for me at same settings, fog bug dealt with,

choppers reloading properly and completely stable here.

Your hard work never ceases to amaze me. Thank you! smile_o.gif

(very f...... much! ) wink_o.gif

Well, I never had those install/crash/performance problems

anyways, so I *really* feel sorry for all you guys that do

experience so many bad things with ArmA and cannot enjoy it fully. sad_o.gif

I am, of course, aware of the gameplay bugs and do not

want to nullify them with praise.

Its just that me is seriously impressed.

Hi all

Actually the numbers of bad experiences with ArmA are quite low.

If you look through and exclude the numptys who are running cracking software. It is probably less than 100 people who are still having problems out of many hundreds of thousands of users who experience no problems.

Trouble shooting threads and posts prove this. Do a search through and recently several of those with real problems have been guided through their setup or have had their problem solved by a patch and are having a much better experience.

I still think those with problems need help so they can experience as good a version of ArmA as the rest of us. It is nice to see a developer who cares enough to be improving the product long after release. BIS ArmA and OFP has that kind of culture.

BIS have even solved the 8800 View Distance FOG BUG the first game to do so! Look in the other games its still there and I doubt they will ever get it fixed.

Kind Regards walker

Tried the beta last night after work. Loved it. I love the new viewdistance, 10,000 seems to much for my PC but 7,000 is about perfect. Love that I dont have to save one last bit of ammo to rearm vehicles.

Im at work now and didnt get to test it yet, but did they fix the optic zoom on vehicles such as the tank commander, TOW, etc??

Other than that I am really loving the fixes. I imagine the US release will be at a very playable level compared to what it was with the original german version etc.

BTW, I am in US and I preorder the german version. But I never complained one bit because I knew damn well I could of waited for the US version and all its fixes, but I wanted this game ASAP!

I guess I'm one of the "100" people that still have technical issues. Unlucky me huh?

With the beta patch my LOD is all fkered up. The LOD never switches for many/most objects in the world from the super low poly models with out textures, even when 2m away.

I wish people would stop claiming that the 8800 fog issue was fixed by BIS. They admitted over two weeks ago that they had a code bug that prevented anyone from seeing over 5K. The fog bug is still there (scroll down to the post from Lee H Oswald here). Yes it's way better now but it's not magically fixed. Nvidia is still on the hook here (see: Source engine fog bug) banghead.gif

As a funny side note, running ArmAMark with the patch makes the UAZ in the first scene immediately swerve left and miss the bridge. To it's credit, the AI stops, backs up (sometimes over compensating) and eventually rights himself to drive off. Too funny. When running the same test without the patch he just drives straight on to and off the other side of the bridge everytime.

Im at work now and didnt get to test it yet, but did they fix the optic zoom on vehicles such as the tank commander, TOW, etc??

It has been brought several times now that the patch only changes "game" code, not content such as weapons, vehicles, etc smile_o.gif .

What driver versions are the 8800 users running? I am currently using 101.02's. Maybe that is contributing to my woes??

I'll try some other ones after I get home. Stupid nVidia mad_o.gif

Was this included in this beta test? â€5139 - Fixed: Mission editor - objects which cannot float are placed underwater now†What I mean is that in version 1.05 boys was nicely floating on the sea, but is it just me or do they now in this beta sink on bottom of the seabed, and does it working as intended?

What driver versions are the 8800 users running? I am currently using 101.02's. Maybe that is contributing to my woes??

I'll try some other ones after I get home. Stupid nVidia  mad_o.gif

I am using the same driver(101.02) with my GF8800GTS.

Performance is really good. No texture/lod problems.

MfG Lee

Could BIS still be working on several optimizations that weren't released in this build?

I changed transparency AA to Multisampling. no fps lost in the patch any more, and fps in the woods increased 1~2.

Can anyone tell me why?

I changed  transparency AA to Multisampling. no fps lost in the patch any more, and fps in the woods increased 1~2.

Can anyone tell me why?

cause multisampling are more simple then supersampling and less GPU demanding

i think the problem with the flying tanks is not fixed yet, i have seen a t72 at 50 meters altitude after being hit by a cobra helicopter

BIS have even solved the 8800 View Distance FOG BUG the first game to do so! Look in the other games its still there and I doubt they will ever get it fixed.

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_105b_GF66_88.jpg

?

You beat me to it  smile_o.gif

all i could think of is that the difference on how the card handle the GFX, dunno about how the 7XXX users are but for my 8800GTS i see much improve, maybe not as much as 7XXX and 6XXX user but they are improved for real

also plz remember that currently buying 8800 cards are like walking through a mind field, you may get a very well made one which cause no problem at all even crycsis can be run or you could get one that would simply fail to run any large scaled game. ppl who play Supreme Commander are also having issus all over the place and developers just throw out patches after patches to fix problems, as the matter of fact ArmA and Supreme Commander are the only 2 games on the market that really pushed every part of PC hardwards to its limits.

I had ArmA running on all three generations of cards mentioned.

6800: no fog (like in the comparison pic posted)

7800: no fog

-

8800: 1.05 heavy fog

8800: 1.05+ clearly reduced fog, but not as 'clean' as former generations.

My mistake. Seems my earlier test of this hasnt stood up to further scrutiny.

AI still has a nightmare getting out of boats and off the beach area. They still swim in circles around the boat (or drop off point if you move the boat). They refuse to follow orders (Go to wherever) even if its a straight line.

When on the beaching area, they get to a certain point (be it a change in incline - in this case, less steep) and decide they cant cross over it. They do an about turn and head for a swim.

Oh well.. banghead.gif

#C

View distance = Amazing

Texture problems seem to be eradicated... i havent played for long tho so im gonna try it out for a few hours later to see if i get any system crashes from memory...

No noticeable performance increase on my X1950 PRO tho...

Hey there all

well well well, the fun continues... I have an 8800 GTS, was loving the old 1.05 with the maxmem command, all was good. New patch... OH MY GOD! I love BIS, what a great patch, white fog is gone, fps increase by 10 to 15 frames, environments look amazing.

Hang on though, all of a sudden i get textures reverting to commodore 64 standard whenever i change views, it lasts for maybe 1 second each time, occasionally it stays that way, i swear my calculator has better graphics (and its solar powered too!wink_o.gif I assume this is know as 'LOD' i keep reading about? what does LOD stand for? and can someone tell me what causes it and can i fix it?

Why would this new patch cause this? I saw it maybe once or twice in total on the previous versions.

Thanks all

Kiwi.

AMD X2 4600

8800 GTS

Vista Ultimate

2 Gig RAM help.gif

Hey there all

well well well, the fun continues...  I have an 8800 GTS, was loving the old 1.05 with the maxmem command, all was good.  New patch...  OH MY GOD!  I love BIS, what a great patch, white fog is gone, fps increase by 10 to 15 frames, environments look amazing.

Hang on though, all of a sudden i get textures reverting to commodore 64 standard whenever i change views, it lasts for maybe 1 second each time, occasionally it stays that way, i swear my calculator has better graphics (and its solar powered too!wink_o.gif  I assume this is know as 'LOD' i keep reading about?   what does LOD stand for?  and can someone tell me what causes it and can i fix it?  

Why would this new patch cause this?  I saw it maybe once or twice in total on the previous versions.

Thanks all

Kiwi.

AMD X2 4600

8800 GTS

Vista Ultimate

2 Gig RAM help.gif

LOD = level or details, its about the quaility of textures map on 3D models, the higher the LOD is the better GFX on model can be seen,

to find out what problem is you better first dumb down to XP first(feel lame? i can tell you vista is still not for gaming, sometime very unstable, for now)

next using the latest driver to test as much version of the game as possible, i guess you using EU DVD version 1.04 so try reinstall the hold game with a clean windows to see if the problem still there, make sure you tested most latest nV drivers and see if all version of the drivers have the same problems

if all the above shows the same result, then ArmA is surely not running happy on your system, its better to report on BTS, make sure that you give enought info like your spec, OS version, driver versions, game versions, add pictures or even error logs created by the program itself(forgot where they put it through) would be even better to help sort out the problem in next patch

Way to go with a public beta test for those that are interested, hope it continues! Just got a chance to (briefly) test the 1.05.5143 beta. I was hesitating due to the re-activation issue since I have the Sprocket version.

No noticable FPS gains at all, it's the same as 1.05 on my meager system. I like the haze/fog fix and it's clearly visible even if I don't increase my VD (1200 m)

I understand that this beta contains only engine updates but will mention this anyway.

The "see thru objects" and flickering effects on objects at long range while looking thru the scope as well as the muddy/unsharp grass layer covering the hi-res ground textures is unchanged. Since above issues was introduced (or at least made more noticable) in 1.05 I still hope there is a way to get back the graphic quality 1.00 - 1.02 had.

See thru objects and flickering

ArmA_105_issue_01.jpg

Grass layer (screenshot by MamiyaOtaru)

ArmA_105_issue_02.jpg

As said, just had breif test and will hopefully test it more during the weekend and report back if I bump into any issues not already mentioned.

Settings:

Terrain detail: High

Objects detail: Normal

Texture detail: Normal

Shading detail: Normal

Postprocess effect: Low

Anisotropic filtering: Low

Shadow detail: Disabled

Anitaliasing: Low

Blood: High

System:

AMD  XP 2600+