Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Jet Fighters

Oh, I cannot wait to fly a proper jet in ArmA. Looking sweet.

I'd have to say the bottom one Franze is the best biggrin_o.gif

Arma33.jpg

Arma34.jpg

Arma35.jpg

Arma36.jpg

Some wing work.  And yes Franze, I got the named selections correct thumbs-up.gif

OH MY GOD! notworthy.gif that looks amazing, will the tanker be included? and if so, is it just for cosmetics or does it a have a real purpose? anyway, great work guys!

Speaking of the F/A-18 and such, has anyone started or made significant progress on fixed wing combat pilot units?

You know, Helmet, visor, oxygen mask, NVG's, G Suit, Survival gear all over, etc.

I hope if someone is doing this, they divide it up much like how Laser did the Helo pilot/crew addon for OFP where each service is modelled appropriately.

Yeah, I wonder if someones still working on the carrier.  That would be sweet being able to land and take off.

Oh btw, I wonder if you would be able to drop tanks and fly lighter or something like that...

@FLv*VeNoM*:  The "5-wet" configuration is only a possibility as well as "3-wet"  There is no specific tanker version, Franze did some mad scripting to allow that what you see. And right now, only the F version is able to be an airborne tanker. Yes I know the E can also do the job, but Franze felt it'd make the F more looked at if that one did the tanking only.

@havocsquad:  a/c only.  We've got our hands full with the aircraft itself, so when it gets released, that's up to Franze of course.

@Inkompetent:  More mad scripting on Franze, but definitely useable.

Arma38.jpg

Arma39.jpg

Arma40.jpg

Arma41.jpg

Arma42.jpg

Arma43.jpg

Arma47.jpg

Arma45.jpg

Arma44.jpg

Arma46.jpg

Getting things touched up, adding a better area for the gun, as it's too small a detail, and figure it'd at least have some additional space for it smile_o.gif

I got this picture of a F/A-18F in a head on view getting ready for takeoff, and it just bugged me so much that I went about to adjust the canopy:

Arma58.jpg

Arma59.jpg

Arma60.jpg

And just a general note, there's a good thing about using the same airframe, and in this case the model. Most of the updates are vice-versa the E or the F, or in this case for the canopy anyways, F only. So never fear, they're being added as they go along to both, so whatever the shot is, it's mirrored...... thumbs-up.gif

I just wonder how lag the game if you will use this detailed model in the game

Well... Franze admitted it.. and I'll say it's not that incredibly detailed.  The touchups I've added yes, have increased the polycount, but not much more than it is or will be.  Most of ir really is reshaping alot of stuff, what originally I got has been just modified.  The center pylon is really the most detailed part and that's because I got bored, as well as the AoA sensors.  To be fair, the thing that got me interested, and no offense Franze, but the intakes were just hideous, so I had to get involved, and I got 1195 or so reference pics just collecting dust.....  Now the ATFLIR I started today.... that's a bit more detailed than the original.  The biggest thing I saw was texture usage really. Matter of fact, I managed to get rid of a texture through use of the maps already present.  Now there's some issues with the textures that have to be ironed out, but overall the model could be re-released as is but still needs some work.

WIP ATFLIR

Arma61.jpg

I would say now that the ATFLIR is on the backburner.  There's alot of updating that I'm sure we'd both like to do, but I've got a tight schedule, so we'll see what Franze has in mind first.  Well I do know what he has in mind, but me know narthing.... wink_o.gif

I mean my purpose right now is just get the model settled down, and in a good shape. Pretty much, this week has been mainly modelling, while after Christmas I plan on texturing it. And since I've had alot of free (me) time, I've been doing alot of stuff and getting things setup.

Interesting to see how these things get bashed together. Quite cool. smile_o.gif

Cannon area redo:

Arma63.jpg

Arma64.jpg

Arma65.jpg

ARS work:

Arma66.jpg

Arma67.jpg

You're doing good job on the bird but you should maybe spend some time with adjusting sharp and smooth edges (U and I keys) to make the modeled part look better. But as I said, it's a good job so far, kepp it up. wink_o.gif

Yeah... and I can also redo it:

Arma69.jpg

Arma70.jpg

Still got a few more details to add but overall looking good.

Arma73.jpg

Probably needs some tweaking but it's close...

Arma74.jpg

I got a video on Swiss Hornets and the general color is this, and some resources on the Super Hornet show it to be this color too, so I should be close enough, just have to make a better cone...

Arma75.jpg

Cannon area textured.  Yeah it's a bit sharp but overall it's not something that'll get me in the brig totally.

Please don't use a plane gizmo on a cylinder.

Besides that, add an overlay layer and some more shading of the panels, looks too uniform.

Otherwise, nice job!

Looking great Eric - thanks for your hard work on this!

Stew