Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

@ May 10 2007,04:01)]
Quote[/b] ]12 ai units with no weapons just floating around the recruitment hut.

Ive seen it to im looking for the cause.

Theres no need to look for a cause. Its part of the map. Or at least i think it is. If you leave an AI near the recruitment center you can order him to recruit a soldier for you when you are really far away. That prevents having to babysit the AI (or occupy room with them on transport) till desired destination.

Thats why ppl leave AI near the recruitment center. You can call them when u want and they will spawn right next to you.

cheers

You sir, are mistaken. We know what "ai just hanging out" looks like. icon_rolleyes.gif

The error in question is related to AI being left behind by disconnected players, and other related matters. This AI we speak of can't be shot/killed, and often spawns oddly without weapons, etc - always at the recruitment center.

@ May 10 2007,04:01)]
Quote[/b] ]12 ai units with no weapons just floating around the recruitment hut.

Ive seen it to im looking for the cause.

Theres no need to look for a cause. Its part of the map. Or at least i think it is. If you leave an AI near the recruitment center you can order him to recruit a soldier for you when you are really far away. That prevents having to babysit the AI (or occupy room with them on transport) till desired destination.

Thats why ppl leave AI near the recruitment center. You can call them when u want and they will spawn right next to you.

cheers

You sir, are mistaken. We know what "ai just hanging out" looks like. icon_rolleyes.gif

The error in question is related to AI being left behind by disconnected players, and other related matters. This AI we speak of can't be shot/killed, and often spawns oddly without weapons, etc - always at the recruitment center.

Yes, we had this behaviour too. I forgot to put it in the bug report.

During our 30h mission the server didn't crash but some clients yes. rofl.gif

Hindrances:

* far too much fog on all the map: we were unable to see anything once we are at altitude of 300/400 m. I tried to setup a viewing distance of 10km in the video options but it didn't change anything.

If i have seen it right, the mission forces a view distance of 900meters.

@Kiljoy[sFG]

I try to make a Time scale (day and night cycle) into my mission.

But i dont know how, can u explain me please how you scriptet it or what i need to do, also the same in weather effects?

Or do you have a link for me where i can read out or download such finished scripts?

thanks, kev

Hindrances:

* far too much fog on all the map: we were unable to see anything once we are at altitude of 300/400 m. I tried to setup a viewing distance of 10km in the video options but it didn't change anything.

Hum... For a bad pilot like me, it's impossible to use the Harrier with such a low viewing distance.

How can I change it (i.e. edit the mission to make it client side and not server side) ?

Thanks,

yea... go to the recruitment hut and u'll find the options to change VD and the terrain detail there. You can even spectate other people in there too. No more reason to complain of anyone not replying when you ask them, "Where you guys fighting?"

btw i noticed that some very nice exploits have been mentioned here. Do you think thats a good idea?

Umm i change mine in the recruitment hut, works for me i put it on 3000m

Thanks for the info !

May be a nice readme would help to highlight this kind of features.

When you are making a server and in the time/respawn area where it has:

1:00

24:00

1:00 MH6-R

24:00 MH6-R

What does the MH6-R mean??

Ahhh ok, too bad there isn't an option for the UH-60's as well sad_o.gif

Aircraft view distances

If you check the latest BAS f framework scripts, you'll see they automatically adjust the view distance upon entering and leaving an aircraft.

Might be a good idea for this mission too.

(See: f_addSetViewDistanceEHs.sqf, f_setViewDistanceGetIn.sqf, f_setViewDistanceGetOut.sqf)

Exactly what room do you need?

If he has you "clear the towns" in a certain order:

1. Paraiso (one by the airport)

2. The one below Paraiso (also near airport)

Then at that point, why would you need to be anywhere else?

Then..

3. Corazel (the bridge city, where there's a huge place to have your armor cache, including repair trucks and such exist there.

... then what's the problem with him having you work orgego and down thru the south, then back up to the bridge city to work your way on the north part of the map?

Seriously, why are you inconvienced on not having the ability to have stuff in the extreme city like PITA when your doing say, Corazel?

Can you give me a reasonable example, or are you more just reacting to the thought of it?

Right now the whole island is alive. You have to beware of where you're flying or driving, you can't just take any road to get to any angle you like.

Depopulating the entire island (which is what I think you mean) so that you can take only one town at a time completely cuts the balls off of the mission.

plaintiff1 since bis are fixing the deletevehicle command, city's wont be taken one by one anymore. it will remain how it is except when no west units are in a city they will depopulate. When you approach the city it will repopulate. The only difference you will notice over all to 1.5a is less dysnc and quicker connection times to a game in progress.

Some times the weathersystem bugs up and the fog stays with you everywhere you go. If it happens to you get someone to fly you thro a fog marker. This is fixed in the next version.

Dr_Eyeball that sounds interesting but i dont see how a script could detect the majoity of players who cant run an extended view distance.

Hindrances:

@Kiljoy[sFG]

I try to make a Time scale (day and night cycle) into my mission.

But i dont know how, can u explain me please how you scriptet it or what i need to do, also the same in weather effects?

Or do you have a link for me where i can read out or download such finished scripts?

thanks, kev

The Variable View Distance works ok for me, but he may be experiencing the fog bug reported earlier in this thread. See also Kiljoys work around for getting rid of it, eventhough it works it aint perfect.

Well it seems to me shilkas certainly do track fast targets and fire on them in 1.07. When the A-10 goes down there's not going to be much hope of repairing it so I'm considering making it respawn along with the harriers for the next version. Shilkas seem to like to shoot me in the head doing 500.

KilJoy,

we played Evolution last week-end (4 then 5 guys in total) on a LAN server.

It took us quiet some time to finish the mission !

Anyway, it was fun but we have some comments about the mission.

Here they are:

Missing features:

* the ability to save the choosen weapon so that we don't have to reselect weapon at each death

* give points to all pilote, gunners and commander of vehicule for kills.

* IA should give points to the squad leader when they're doing kill. It's already the case for medic (BTW this seems to be easy to abuse).

* mobile respawn point

* more 5t truck. We need them to move tons of IA (necessary because they can't properly handle bridge)

Hindrances:

* too much night (we were playing with the 1h = 1 day option): we'd like to attack the 21st of june when the day is the longest possible.

* repairing vehicule is far too tedious, especially with trucks having to be refueled. I think giving infinite fuel for the trucks would make if far better. A simple set of truck (fuel, ammo, service) would then be enough to repair vehicules except when they are destroyed by the ennemy.

Bugs:

* the M1A1 gunner gets no points if a commander from a different squad is in the tank

* points for clearing a city or destroying a secondary objective should be awarded to all players

* Corazol secondary objective destroyed using a vulcan without been noticed by the server (the tower is destroyed but we didn't see the message)

* unable to destroy the secondary objective of Bagango (IIRC)

Thanks for this great mission !

KilJoy,

what do you think of the different items (I removed the fog issue)?

Thx,

@ May 11 2007,19:28)]that sounds interesting but i dont see how a script could detect the majoity of players who cant run an extended view distance.

I was initially thinking of an additional set of action menu options alongside the existing ones, purely for setting flight view distance, but thinking now, it would be better to add the action menu options somewhere closer to the jets/choppers themselves.

You almost need a new dialog just for all your configurable options! whistle.gif

Does the new 'save stats' feature of 1.07 mean that Evolution will be able to keep your rank between sessions when it's updated for 1.07, or will that not do what you need for the map?

@ May 11 2007,19:28)]that sounds interesting but i dont see how a script could detect the majoity of players who cant run an extended view distance.

I was initially thinking of an additional set of action menu options alongside the existing ones, purely for setting flight view distance, but thinking now, it would be better to add the action menu options somewhere closer to the jets/choppers themselves.

You almost need a new dialog just for all your configurable options! whistle.gif

There was/is a set of scripts for OFP that at mission start calculates the lowest average (or something like that) for all connected users. works really well.

it was made by daddldiddl or joltan or daddl (or whatever he calls himselfs) he usually hangs out at www.suicidesquad.co.uk

There's one thing that gets me really frustrated about this map:

The incredibly annoying ranking system. I want to grab the littlebird and fly my allies around. No, I can't! First I have to go around hunting random soldiers until I can use anything besides an unarmed Humvee and an M16!

My favorite role is the pilot and I sometimes have to go hunting for soldiers for almost half an hour before I can get into my trusted bird, and usually it's already too late by then and someone else already took them all/crashed them!

The ranking system makes players play against each other, trying to get the highest rank before the other guy so he can grab the Harrier or whatever.

The worst part is that 90% of the servers these days play this map, I can't just join a server and be the pilot, what is this? World of Sahranicraft?

@Jerk, me2, I have played it only a few times due to the rank you earn being wasted afterwards.  A tougher rank system, that carries your rank over until next time would be a worthwhile change IMHO, if the new 1.07 stuff can accomodate that?  Hence my post above.

WarWolf @ May 11 2007,18:11)]Does the new 'save stats' feature of 1.07 mean that Evolution will be able to keep your rank between sessions when it's updated for 1.07, or will that not do what you need for the map?

It exports stats, basically you can create stat-based site for your server

With all these wishes for changes... I would simply like to ask KilJoy to be very careful with changing things biggrin_o.gif

The mission is a huge success and well deserved to be just that!