Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Hard time clearing towns? Respawns?

Are people REALLY complaining about this?

The solution is freaking SIMPLE for the 1-3 man server teams that don't like it :

Get an AI guy to stand in the woods outside a city, but in the greay circle.

There, done.

The whine and say "I'm not gonna play evolution any more" because it's a CO-OP game built for many, and you refuse to play with 1-3 people and whine about it, is just flat out silly.

I gave you the "big secret" (put an AI guy on the outskirts, sit him there) - so use it and quit whining.

I swear people, when complaining about a big mission like this - if your going to play it in super unique fashion, at least have the gall to recognize this and not bend the mission to a specific fashion instead of "the big picture".

It's too easy to clear towns with lots of people, and you wanna dumb it down for the 1-3 man server teams. Sheesh.

Me and my buddy are trying this but in order to take mission says we need 2 in group, but weve both been browsing/searching the forum and can't figure out how to make a squad in evolution. No one else seems to be asking this so it's probly something obvious that we are missing.

thanks

thermos

oops meant to post this in evolution 3.0 thread

Hard time clearing towns? Respawns?

Are people REALLY complaining about this?

The solution is freaking SIMPLE for the 1-3 man server teams that don't like it :

Get an AI guy to stand in the woods outside a city, but in the greay circle.

There, done.

The whine and say "I'm not gonna play evolution any more" because it's a CO-OP game built for many, and you refuse to play with 1-3 people and whine about it, is just flat out silly.

I gave you the "big secret" (put an AI guy on the outskirts, sit him there) - so use it and quit whining.

I swear people, when complaining about a big mission like this - if your going to play it in super unique fashion, at least have the gall to recognize this and not bend the mission to a specific fashion instead of "the big picture".

It's too easy to clear towns with lots of people, and you wanna dumb it down for the 1-3 man server teams. Sheesh.

Cool down, we're not asking to change the default mission, we're just suggesting another selectable option.

Me and my buddy are trying this but in order to take mission says we need 2 in group, but weve both been browsing/searching the forum and can't figure out how to make a squad in evolution. No one else seems to be asking this so it's probly something obvious that we are missing.

thanks

thermos

oops meant to post this in evolution 3.0 thread

Visit the transfer building, it's the small wooden building directly in front of you when you first join the mission. Select "request transfer" from the menu when you're in there, this opens the squad manager. Find your buddy's name in the list of groups then click on 'join group' to send a request to join their squad. They will be sent the request as "Recruit Thermos", which if they accept puts you in their squad as #2 (or the next available slot if they already have AI in their squad).

Alternantively, both of you get into the same vehicle. The player wishing to join their buddy's squad opens the 'my squad' menu then selects 'my vehicle' in the squad manager, then clicks on 'join group' next to his buddy's entry, the request gets sent the same way as from the transfer building.

I think having to have a bot in your team just to stick (inside the grey area)  i.e the enemy area to stop them respawning is really silly!

Why not set it so they don't respawn?

If you want to make it harder to take the town why not increase the bot intelligence and accuracy!

goodnight.gif

How does Evolution differentiate one player from another? Is it based on IP, Player-ID or player name?

How does Evolution differentiate one player from another? Is it based on IP, Player-ID or player name?

"'GOSHHH!!!'"

Some people must be ... crazy_o.gif

EVOLUTION IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MISSION MADE BY A TALENED GUY..

Quote[/b] ]differentiate one player from another?

thats just like me saying how does evolution change the phiyics from the orginal game.

"'GOSHHH!!!'"

Some people must be ...  crazy_o.gif

thats just like me saying how does evolution change the phiyics from the orginal game.

OK, so you mean to say that when playing Evolution, the players are differentiated by ArmA based on the Player-ID, right?

"'GOSHHH!!!'"

Some people must be ... crazy_o.gif

OK, so you mean to say that when playing Evolution, the players are differentiated by ArmA based on the Player-ID, right?

? what are you asking? Its the same as any other mod, its just like the original default game. If you need technical assistance, you should go to a different section in the forum...

The players name, unfortunately you cant get a players unique id. If you could there would be far fewer cheats as you could kick ones over 9 digits.

What is the latest version of Evolution?

I've seen some servers with version 3.2, but could not find a download.

Favre,

I'm not really sure about this but I believe Evo V3.0 thread has the most recent version. Although I think that V3.2 is a private version enhanced by a certain group for their own servers. I have know idea about that though as I've only played EvoSP.

Regardless, you should try posting questions about Evo on the V3.0 thread since this one hasn't been used since early/mid-July. You may get more responses on that thread.

Here's the link for V3.0, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64473

Thanks a lot.

And I was wondering why there's no activity in this thread smile_o.gif

so now im posting here since i was "told" to post here... but anyways I had 2 questions

1) I went online and had seen that there was a Evolution 4.0 out and I wanted to know if anyone had a link to it...

2.) In 3.0, Im having trouble trying to clear the towns....we played and knocked out the radio tower via blackhawk rockets...and it gave us the radio com cut..but still convoys and guys kept showing up..it was a never ending wave...now are u suppose to only use satchels or was it a glitch?

please help me

thanks!!

so now im posting here since i was "told" to post here... but anyways I had 2 questions

1) I went online and had seen that there was a Evolution 4.0 out and I wanted to know if anyone had a link to it...

2.) In 3.0, Im having trouble trying to clear the towns....we played and knocked out the radio tower via blackhawk rockets...and it gave us the radio com cut..but still convoys and guys kept showing up..it was a never ending wave...now are u suppose to only use satchels or was it a glitch?

please help me

thanks!!

It's been said many times already: put an AI within the grey circle and the enemy AI will stop respawning.

please help me

thanks!!

There is an answer to your question on this page smile_o.gif

KilJoy! Thanks for such a great mission. The guys and I love the sh*t out of this mission and don't think about playing anything else! The mission runs on my private server 24/7. It's the first time a game and how it is being played has ever lived up to my highly milsim expectations.

Anyway, we are planning on having a LANParty soon. We were wondering if you were planning on releasing the evolution gamestyle on a smaller island like Ramadi. I thought about doing it myself (using your version as a reference and giving you credit, of course!wink_o.gif but I thought I would ask you if you had any plans of doing so before I got started as I'm sure anything you do would be 10x better than what I make.

Guys - 77 pages on this topic! Is there anywhere which goes over the basics of EVOUTION, how to play it, tips, etc? I thought it might even have its own website but I can't see anything relating.