Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Ken0 i mentioned i have a few things to iron out first, Its not public yet so for now there is no download. Very soon tho. Fk Andersson I have thought about personal lockabil vehicles but the problem is for instace One A-10 is nearly to much, 30 A-10 is possibe with being able to buy any vehicle. or 30 cobras. Which would be madness.

ah, ok np. I thought you meant use at your own risk when you were talking about the remain issues. Btw, I count 9 servers running 1.5m at the moment, which is also why I thought it was released.

KilJoy, have you been thinking about giving the tanks a wider role in the game? Now the Abrams is available only for those with the highest rank, but it seems to me, that most of those players fly choppers/planes instead of driving tanks. The tank war becomes thus underrepresented in the game, in my opinion. I would not lower the requirements generally, only bring the war more to the ground, so to say.

In general, Evolution has taken the best of ArmA and made it even better!

MarcusaQ

Now there's an idea. First you need the points to be able to drive/fly a certain vehicle. Then you need more points to purchse it. Once you do it becomes only yours to drive or fly.

Unless you are a passenger or its an AI / human play in your group

When you alone are engaging a town at long range (sniper 1000M+) , it would be nice if the AI would stay the same longer when you die and hurry back. As it is now, you die, the enemy is culled, you get back and all the armour and tangoes are respawned. You can not do any "softening up" as a single player on a server, because you always battle a full force when you return.

Is it possible to delay the culling of the AI? Can the range of their appearance be increased to the maximum sniping range? That would also work for long range Cobra attack with Hellfires, as you should be able to perform this from further outside the grey area.

I also second Shins' suggestion for a "save to custom loadout" like MFCTI had, and be able to select "get custom loadout" without kneeling down to get the gear screen.

Other than the things mentioned, I love this kind of large scale persistent warfare and appreciate all the work you have done and still do for us. notworthy.gif

When you alone are engaging a town at long range (sniper 1000M+) , it would be nice if the AI would stay the same longer when you die and hurry back. As it is now, you die, the enemy is culled, you get back and all the armour and tangoes are respawned. You can not do any "softening up" as a single player on a server, because you always battle a full force when you return.

Is it possible to delay the culling of the AI? Can the range of their appearance be increased to the maximum sniping range? That would also work for long range Cobra attack with Hellfires, as you should be able to perform this from further outside the grey area.

I also second Shins' suggestion for a "save to custom loadout" like MFCTI had, and be able to select "get custom loadout" without kneeling down to get the gear screen.

Other than the things mentioned, I love this kind of large scale persistent warfare and appreciate all the work you have done and still do for us. notworthy.gif

Just leave an AI in range of the town to prevent the enemy respawn.

@JAMF The trick is to leave an ai team mate at the edge of the zone which keeps them spawned when your alone.

opps didnt see this page, crazy_o.gif

@ June 12 2007,20:36)]Ken0 i mentioned i have a few things to iron out first, Its not public yet so for now there is no download. Very soon tho. Fk Andersson I have thought about personal lockabil vehicles but the problem is for instace One A-10 is nearly to much, 30 A-10 is possibe with being able to buy any vehicle. or 30 cobras. Which would be madness.

Yes, your right..But what about MH6 and Transport BH.

The quarrels about those is horrible..Im even afraid to

look at them when i get missions on the FAR north or

close to Masbete.

Whats the latest pub release? Is it 1.5a? All this talk of an updated version is so cruel if you don't release it for wider beta testing...... notworthy.gif

Rich

Its still 1.5a

The ORIGINAL Update demomission (not mod) is 1.5m i think...

@KillJoy: U got a PM...About Base Template

REFRASE....

I've been enjoying the development and playing of this mission for some time now.

What is troubling is that one particular server I used to play at that is hosting a modded version 1.05m, and this introduces conflicts with things going on in the mission - and this makes a good clean beta test and bug reporting very difficult. And the way things are going I'm sure there will be mods of any update of this mission.

Keep up the good work, I like it muchly.

I've been enjoying the development and playing of this mission for some time now.

What is troubling is that one particular server I used to play at that is hosting a modded version 1.05m, and this introduces conflicts with things going on in the mission - and this makes a good clean beta test and bug reporting very difficult. And the way things are going I'm sure there will be mods of any update of this mission.

What is this server so I can avoid it?

What is this server so I can avoid it?

If its a modded version OF 1.5m then I cant help you but if its version 1.5m then I can say that the server is probably www.suicidesquad.co.uk and they are hosting the "developmentversion" from KilJoy so there is no cheat/hacking going on there.

Just leave an AI in range of the town to prevent the enemy respawn.

Thanks Apo-TTCC and KilJoy [sFG], I will try that next time.

Anyone know if the "right doorgunner" bug is an Arma bug, or one in Evolution?

Could you add the respawning of vehicles to the next version? It's very frustrating to be working for 2-3 hours to get 100 points, and not be able to use the vehicles because they are all miles upon miles away, and either stuck or flipped over.

Also, how about the ability to spawn at the FARPS around the island? Plus the docks. (however this excludes Corazol)

Could you add the respawning of vehicles to the next version? It's very frustrating to be working for 2-3 hours to get 100 points, and not be able to use the vehicles because they are all miles upon miles away, and either stuck or flipped over.

Also, how about the ability to spawn at the FARPS around the island? Plus the docks. (however this excludes Corazol)

People are lazy....nuff said.

My reasoning to back this statement up is before Engineers were introduced people would take vehicles. By the time Pariso and Somato were taken the vast majority of vehicles were in need of repair and abandoned for the rest of the mission because people couldnt be bothered taking 2 trucks to go repair and fuel them all.

So now Engineers are in the mission and can deploy mobile FARPS that makes it easier to repair stuff. Now vehicles are getting repaired but now vehicles are being abandoned from Somato to Corazol because people cant be bothered getting in a Humvee or other respawnable vehicle and driving from the Airport and picking up the vehicles at Cayo or Corazel and driving them as they go along to the next destination.

To me this is just laziness and people wont be happy till everything respawns.

About Respawning players at Farps or Med tents, people like to play and get points for "Taxiing" people around and this would probaby make this "occupation" or activity obselete As Farps and Medi Tents are usually deployed right next to the town under siege.

People are lazy....nuff said.

My reasoning to back this statement up is before Engineers were introduced people would take vehicles. By the time Pariso and Somato were taken the vast majority of vehicles were in need of repair and abandoned for the rest of the mission because people couldnt be bothered taking 2 trucks to go repair and fuel them all.

So now Engineers are in the mission and can deploy mobile FARPS that makes it easier to repair stuff. Now vehicles are getting repaired but now vehicles are being abandoned from Somato to Corazol because people cant be bothered getting in a Humvee or other respawnable vehicle and driving from the Airport and picking up the vehicles at Cayo or Corazel and driving them as they go along to the next destination.

To me this is just laziness and people wont be happy till everything respawns.

Yes, that will be usefull... we've a lot of problems with sending AI to distant nooks of island, AI stuck in the cities, woods and have big problem with ovecroming bridges.

Until AI is useless this idea is perfect. notworthy.gif

I'm using AI only to sending choppers back, sometimes I lead column of service trucks to repair some valuable vechicles... and i takes a lot of time sad_o.gif baceuse of AI.

Just a quick point guys, there was a guy on our server that was flyin the Helicopters with no points...tryin to reason with the guy that it wasnt fair on the rest of the players, was a waste of time, as he said it was a accepted glitch and that many others used it, and that he tried to convince us that he was of more use as a pilot, than a ground pounder, etc stc  blah blah blah....basically tellin us that wee were wastin our time fighting the war on the ground..... to which I promptly kicked him from the server... then he came back and said he would play properly, which he did while the admins were there, but when no admins are about he's rackin up scores in the hundreds in no time at all....Maybe there could be a simple fix for this kind of thing guys,apart from banning, I cant admin the servers 24/7, but i thought I'd ask to see if it can be fixed in the next update..:(

And I got to thanks to killjoy and the rest of the guys helpin him out with a great mission. Keep it up guys yay.gif

Is it just me or in the 1.5m the AI culling is a little excessive? It kills the server to constantly have to spawn and remove AI's, also they seem to spawn even if players or AI are present.

Kello mate that sound a bit anoying!

I think people who devote the Evolution gaming hours to flying people around aka "Taxing" are vital to the flow of the game and are rare I am afraid. Providing that there are at least 8+ people on the server of course.

oh and people who spend sometime repairing vehicles and bringing them back to base are nessesary too!

Yeh , dont mind people flyin em, as long as they earn the points to do so, the right way, and also most nights i spend an hour or so sending repair vehicles out, and bringin the fixed vehicles back to base... i believe there will be points introduced for this in the next update... which will be cool smile_o.gif

Is the 1.5m beta available for download to the masses or is it a select few?

Rich

I just played Evo 1.5m on GamingSA. Is this the proper release by Kiljoy?

There was a major change in 1.5m as i saw it though....