Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Awesome mission, keep up the good work KilJoy [sFG]. notworthy.gif

I had Evolution 1.5a running on my PC (1.05+, dedicated, persistent=1) and when i reconnected 24hrs later the default AI driver of the ambulance M113 was hovering dead above it. Maybe he got extremely bored. wink_o.gif

screen0yj5.th.jpg

Also tried the waterpatrol mission but could not find a single enemy boat. No waypoint or something like that showed up after accepting the mission so i went around the whole southern island. Maybe i did something wrong? help.gif

Thats strange Apo-TTCC I thought there were no water patrol bugs :O. Was this after you had it up for 24 hours you tryed the mission?

I believe this is a ArmA bug, not related to Evolution (someone please confirm), in which the M163 Vulcan, HMMWV TOW, and UH-60 MG would not rearm when the AMMO Counter was on Zero (0). Even though I saw the rearming text and icon, the AMMO Truck did not rearm my Cobra with Hellfires on the Launcher rails. Subsequent missions, I only fired 5 Hellfires and at the AMMO Truck rearmed all rails with Hellfires.

As far as repairs go, I flew a UH-60 MG with my AI and 2 online players over Paraiso and we were shot down, and I heard the explosion as it crashed into the Cemetery. I thought, OK the Blackhawk will respawn at base since it was burning after impact. I was wrong.. it stayed at the cemetery until we repaired and rearmed it.

Thanks again KilJoy for this awesome mission creation. I don't know how you came up with the name Evolution Coop, but though I don't believe in evolution, this mission is all about the survival and promotion of the fittest! LOL

the ammo thing is indeed an arma bug.

concerning the UH-60 MG. It doesn't respawn. it's made like that, only the RH6 respawn (and even only if you select it).

@ April 28 2007,07:12)]Thats strange Apo-TTCC I thought there were no water patrol bugs :O. Was this after you had it up for 24 hours you tryed the mission?

I did set up the dedicated server to see if it runs stable. The dead hovering crewman was seen when i joined it again ~24hrs later. Maybe placing just an empty M113 could solve this, but does not solve the mystery of his dead. wink_o.gif

I'll try again now with a fresh started server to see if the waterpatrol mission works.

ArmA Vehicle Rearming Bug Info

The rearming bug is a known ArmA problem. Up to version 1.05 rearming only works when at least one round is left.

1.05+ says the problem was solved but not totally.

Quote[/b] ]1.05+ Readme

5139 - Fixed: Vehicles did not rearm when no ammo was remaining

Examples:

* 1.05 M2 could be rearmed but only the last box was refilled, Mk19 never

* 1.05+ M2 and Mk19 can be rearmed now but rearming only starts when just one ammo box is left and then only this single one will be refilled; noticed this only on the HMMWV and the Stryker, the RHIB can be totally rearmed

Heading towards the enemy with just a single box of ammo is not so funny at all. wink_o.gif

I've tried the latest demo to see if that was solved in 1.06 but there seems to be no ammo truck around to test it. We'll see once the US version was released next week.

this is funny ...

some of You most likely noticed that Radar Tower in Paraiso re-appear on map as target after it was destructed ...

i discovered if You go to leftover from destruction that in rubissh You can choose "climb up" and then climbup ladder lol

on top You fall down haha

this is funny ...

some of You most likely noticed that Radar Tower in Paraiso re-appear on map as target after it was destructed ...

i discovered if You go to leftover from destruction that in rubissh You can choose "climb up" and then climbup ladder lol

on top You fall down haha

Reported this on page 34 al ready wink_o.gif

Theres a number of odd problems with secondarys like this , markers not removing in a few places and twice in corozal i have seen somone c4 the tower but get no score. Its on the list. banghead.gif

what about use TT650 and M1030?

Just played this for 12 hours straight with an awesome clan, and all I can say is...

WOW

The cities and missions are fucking awesome, and almost everything is perfect.

All of us on TS were so happy when we finished it after a whole 12 hours of fighting together.

Bless you notworthy.gif

Note:

To those of you that noticed the ArmA bug that won't let certain vehicles reload their "magazines" or "clips" (IE, it will reload current clip of m113 to full, but not others in reserve), there's an easy solution.

Blow the unit up, then repair it and fuel it with trucks. You'll have full ammo again.

Cost - 2 points.

If you're really dumb and blow it up near other stuff, which causes all that stuff to blow up too...

Cost - Mega Points    smile_o.gif

PS - The ammo "Bug" isn't something KilJoy needs to "fix", the upcoming 6.x patch surely to be out VERY VERY soon, will resolve all his issues automatically.

Currently to reload cobra you have to do this.

1. land at the airfield

2. Get out of the pilot seat and get in the gunner seat

3. get out of gunner seat and get in the pilot seat.

In the blackhawk with miniguns you must occupy crewchief seat and gunner seat and then pilot seat. and Only the pilot should do the switching around. Other human gunners should get out while the pilot does this untill it is reloaded. It works the same for ammo trucks in any other mission.

You used to have to shoot it in between at some stage to retrigger repair but i fixed the need to do that by automaticly starting the rearming if anyone goes to pilot seat in the airport.

@^NMG^GeneralAssault wow I salute your colonelness X 5. wow_o.gif

well i use beta patch and i was always able reload everything anytime to max ...

definitely best combo is beta dedicated server and beta client ...

well i use beta patch and i was always able reload everything anytime to max ...

definitely best combo is beta dedicated server and beta client ...

I got problems to rearm the HMMWV and Stryker, both with M2 and Mk19. Only the last box of ammo gets refilled on those, maybe you give that a try and tell me if it really works for you on them. The RHIB boat with M2 and Mk19 rearms flawless for some reason (1.5 beta patch, both client and dedicated server).

@KillJoy

This time the water patrol missions worked, just had to abort the second run because no waypoint was given. I reaccepted and the waypoint showed up.

The dead M113 crewman seems to be the result of an KA-50 attack. When i returned from my water patrol mission one was flying close to the airport and the ambulance M113 was destroyed. Looks like the enemy KI takes the M113 as a target because of the default driver. When it respawned, right on top of me (ouch), it was empty.

screen0gd6.th.jpg screen2xp3.th.jpg screen3mm6.th.jpg

Few more things in 1.5a:

1. I can't get any of the missions to currently give me a waypoint. Our dedi has been running the mission 3 days, and all the cities we're to conquer are complete.

2. There's something seriously funky going on with "riflemen" that look like pilots up in the "Carmen to Pita" region.

I see lots of them running around going up and down the streets from town to town... like their' lost or something.

They related to the KA's somehow?

About spectating script, using unit tags you can see all the enemies in the city. I don't know if this is intentional, but I consider this some sort of cheating. Will viewing enemy units be disabled?

@PaveQ I thought enemy viewing was disabled, explain in detail how you view enemys?

@satexas69 yeah theres somthing odd going on with komov pilots , usualy there set to suaside if they bail out but its not happining for some reason.

If a server has more than 20 players, It's impossible to join a game,

usually the receiving mission file takes ages, and then reciving data

takes ages x 100 crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif , and USUALLY it just hangs there, and u can't get in the server.

PLUS'sses I really like the way there now enemy repair trucks and armor allaround the east too, so simple ambush mission could turn into a big at4/ gunfight mayhem.

@ April 29 2007,10:30)]@PaveQ I thought enemy viewing was disabled, explain in detail how you view enemys?

Select one of the players near expected enemy positions, select top-down view mode, put unit tags on. And zoom out. Then you see little red dots where the enemy is.

This mission will be 10x harder with the release of the US version beciase Aircraft arnt shooting Infantry.. so the KA50s will fianlly be usefull for the enemy lol.

This mission will be 10x harder with the release of the US version beciase Aircraft arnt shooting Infantry.. so the KA50s will fianlly be usefull for the enemy lol.

An AI fellow in a well placed M163 can be one of your best friends in this mission. wink_o.gif

Saved my a$$ several times.

Yes, one thing I really like right now is how once you get past the first couple of cities to where you're driving armor some distance, and having AI bring trucks along with you that you need to protect in your "mobile stash" is the KA being a pain in the ass.

The KA being a pain is fun, because I love capturing shilka's and trying to stave off the KA's.

A trick/bug in arma if you didn't know, is that if you shoot the tread of any unit (except the T72), you can get the men to leave the unit. That works using a rifle OR the gun of a vehicle. To be most effective (in particular using a rifle), you must shoot the tread at the very front, or very rear of the vehicle, that small unarmored part right above the ground.

IE, if you're outside a vehicle behind a wall, and see a shilka/brdm/whatever, you can carefully unload a clip (or 2) into the tread, and it will start beeping and the men will jump out.

Then you can repair the shilka and rain hell on the KA's. I like the Shilka over the Vulcan. My .02.

In earlier versions of this mission, Kiljoy had it so that enemy BRDM's, Shilka's, T72's and BMP-2's could be repaired over and over.. but now, once they're totally dead ("crunched"), they're dead forever... so don't put a TOW into a shilka, just shoot it for eviction then rain hell with it smile_o.gif

NOTE: The SU's and other aircraft in this mission are literally a waste of lag. They do nothing. The KA is a monster howerver.

is it possible to add a green smoke grenade by default ?

it is good for ex to tell the position to helicopter

thanks and great job

if not it can be added in crates..

but im preaty sure that people will tell: Focus on bugs and stop adding silly shit to the mission!