Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V1.0 Large scale respawn coop

Is there a way to associate a player number or name to each vehicle type. This way someone could only drive one vehicle type. not lose it and just take another the same. This would strongly promote players repairing their own vehicles.

I've edited the 1.5e version to add some "goodies" of my own.  wink_o.gif IM me if you need info...

HBS

I've edited the 1.5e version to add some "goodies" of my own. wink_o.gif IM me if you need info...

HBS

If your going to use it for SP & non-public use then fair enough. But if your going to release it (even over PM your publicly releasing it) then get permission from KilJoy first.

I know he will say no since he's already fed up of the number of custom versions floating about.. but it's not fair for you to release other peoples work with your name slapped onto it. Just because you've added a few scripts.

locking vehicle ...

well this give sense only for 1 vehicle under You control which You use for/in mission ...

maybe allocation script where You request approval to use vehicle and then vehicle is assigned to You ...

then You may decide if You allow everyone use it, only your squad or noone ...

crazy_o.gif  No respect for KilJoy's effort.

how is this disrespect?? I'm not attaching my name to anything. Get a clue..... If you think other the majority of ArmA\OFP players don't dissect missions to learn from them, then you need to get a clue. Secondly, Permission for what?!?!? is this mission copyrighted??? I truely doubt it. I'm NOT altering the mission itself. I just added a couple of custom weapons to the loadout. nener.gif

I've edited the 1.5e version to add some "goodies" of my own.  wink_o.gif IM me if you need info...

HBS

I don't have a problem with anyone edititing a mission for personel use, but to offer to PM it is not cool. I think we all have probably edited others missions or looked into a mission of others to take abit from them, but we should never offer it out to the public or take credit for it.

Just my thoughts.

Geez...just look at his name. Doesn't that tell you anything?

is this mission copyrighted???

No.... but I guess common courtesy and respect are. And somebody didn't get you a license for them.

This place was once populated with people who respected others and their work. Here to share and learn. Thousands of Original ideas and concepts.

Now it's more like middle school detention hall. I think I am done for awhile.

Best of luck KilJoy. You have a lot of talent.

well, nixer as soon as you get out of detention, you will realize that I have NEVER dis-respected anyone. But it's always good to know that there are hypocrites like you still around to stir up trouble. You can't sit (stand) there and tell me you have never done some editing of other people's missions. If you say you haven't, then not only are you a hypocrite, but a liar too. This is an outstanding mission and I would NEVER attach my name to it. All I did is add a few weapons (custom) so my friends and I could have fun. The bottom line here is all about having fun. Grow up Nixer and figure that out.

HBS

I just wanna tell everyone who's editing and "fine tuning" other people's missions that you should name the mission differently in the intel screen and attach your name in the briefing. It's NOT egocentric self-gratifying nonsense to let others know that the map was post-edited by someone else. And for goodness' sake, version numbers should be left untouched.

Apart from that, personally I don't have anything against editing missions.

Could we get back on topic please...

Personally I am very curious for a "status" update / latest changes in Evolution

KilJoy could you please give us a update?

I skimmed through most of the 60 pages to find this answer but didnt see it.

Are you planning on changing the playable roles for any later version? Doesn't really make much sense to have most people being spec ops, it'd make more sense to have other playable roles (AT, rifleman, officer, etc).

Nothing major just something I was wondering about.

KilJoy,

Could you possibly add an option for the time scaling for a 4-hr day... maybe even 6 or 12? I love the shortened days, but the rapid transitions from light to dark and back in the 1 hr days have most people in my server bitching up a storm.

Just an idea...

Love the mission otherwise. Thanks for all your hard work.

Here's a idea i love to see which was KINDA of in 1.4

City respawn BUT they randomly respawn back after a few days real time and even with options on town respawn time as it would depend on how muck traffic pass on the server.

Pretty black and white if you ask me.

KilJoy asked for his map not to be modified and used on a server. Not following his request is disrespectful of him and all the hard work he put into it. It is also shows a lack of respect for all mod and mission makers in the community.

To show what a classy guy is KilJoy asked for people to just wait until he was done the map before people hacked it to death. Some people have such little respect for mod and mission makers that they can't even wait for that.

What about respawn near Your team leader but only with pistol and with 4 magazines.

Hey KilJoy, what's up.

I see you're testing out Evolution v1.5j. Last version I played and tested was v1.5g. What has changed since then. When you have a chance... pass by here and give us a heads up on the many changes on the recent Versions. Can't wait to do some testing on v1.5j.

AsRock+SD at this point this is the way it is in the current test version.

FCF Bad Karma talked to a few other players about the same thing going to try 4 hour day instead of 1 hour day.

daschewy In the latest version most soldiers are not special forces.

caas1 general updates since 1.5a

* Each city has one radio tower to be destroyed and it is randomly placed

* Each city has an officer to be captured randomly placed

* Airport has a pow camp where you can lead prisoners for points after a city falls, any remaining troops you can walk up to an capture, at that point they join your group and you lead them to the pow camp for points.

* A-10 for colonels

* All civilian parked cars now "cull" meaning if no player is near they don't exist. when a player comes within 300m a car is spawned and chosen at random from all possible civilian cars.

* all Shilkas cull at 1200m (same range as there marker)

* all citys depopulate when no player is near them.

* AirPlane flyovers do not populate citys alone.

* New mission Defence, you have to go to a random army base and protect a small recon team under attack its worth 30 points.

* Airbase and the three farps rearms and reloads and repairs every kind of vehicle.

* You can remote recruit and remote select mission, when you remote recruit the new recruit parachutes to your location offering some nice Intel on the way down, but can be killed by small arms fire. To remote recruit you leave one AI at base and order him to recruit for you.

* AirVehicles have there own settable viewdistance. When you get in an aircraft your viewdistance changes to your preset "AirViewDistance" that you set in mission HQ or Transfer.

When you die or exit the aircraft your view distance automatically changes back to the ground preset.

*Random incursions. Players are often subject to enemy attack anywhere on the map but the airbase , the opponents are chosen based on your location direction and vehicle. This makes the journeys between objectives or missions a little more interesting

*MASH. medics have the ability to erect a field hospital where other players can go to heal. No matter where the medic player is on the map when someone heals at there mash provided as always there were injured by an enemy the medic will get points. The MASH automatically recives a marker with the players name and a green cross. A player can only make one mash , when he makes a new one the old one is deleted. medics receive an extra point for healing for every rank they have.

* There are currently no sub mission bugs.

* Dysnc possibility is much lower.

* Join in Progress is much faster.

There's probably more but I just cant think of it now.

Things to come:

Points for repairing.

Engineers build farps.

Combat Air Patrol Mission

Thinking about :

Revive

Personal lockabil purchased for points vehicles

The introduction of random incursions sounds interesting. I was thinking on this last night and have an idea to introduce an (independent from Evo) insurgency element.

Mm.. interesting update. I can imagine it to be more dynamic and the random battles could be a pull factor.

Great... just when I was getting so tired of Evo. Hoping for the release of the new version!

Kiljoy,

I would like to suggest that anyone who Marks a Target for a Pilot with a Laser Designator should share the same point with the Pilot. This should go both ways Positive or Negative points for a bad mark. This will give players an incentive to use the Laser Designator and work as a team.

Just a thought... Too many pages to check if this was already requested.

There's one thing that gets me really frustrated about this map:

The incredibly annoying ranking system. I want to grab the littlebird and fly my allies around. No, I can't!

There's one thing that gets me really frustrated about this map:

The incredibly annoying ranking system. I want to grab the littlebird and fly my allies around. No, I can't!

yeah this is the reason i dont play this mission that everybody else seems to love.

Could there not be some way that you could at least fly the mh-6 from the start. Or pilot only rank or something.

I think that Bohemia Interactive should pay you for working on Evolution. Most ppl play this game just for Evolution.

If not, I do.