Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

After thinking about it, I'll probably wait until 1.07 is released before deciding if I can go to v1.0. I just want to be sure that 1.07 doesn't break anything.

I've also received some offers via PM from people willing to look at the territory balance. I'd really like to get that sorted for the 1.0 release since the south island is definitely harder to defend.

Keep up the GREAT work Karr.

But in my opinion, what you should focus on next, is making it so that 2 rival squads/teams can compete efectively on it.

=D!

Wub u Karr!

Yeah the north bases need to be spread out a lot more, but i know you're working on that anyway...

I played a game the other day and north was completely captured after 15 mins or something and they had already grabbed corazol and another base on the south, we didnt even have to time to reach all the south bases, using both AI trucks, and a fair amount of players. Then basically the north team got all their oil etc quickly and bombed us into oblivion =S

The best way to counter that is to airdrop an ammo truck in one of their southern towns and create a forward base there.

Yup, we did, me and Matt R worked together to get Everon, he cleared it out and i air dropped an ammo truck, but by the time we had obtained it, they had Abrams + AV8s sad_o.gif so we got destroyed really quickly. If they were more spread out in the north then i think it would be more balanced

True. I've gotten some suggestions from people for placement, so I'll take a look at it again. I haven't been playing ArmA much lately since I'm waiting on 1.07 to unify the editions.

Why have people stopped playing this??!?!!!!!!

This is the best mission I have ever played for ArmA!!!

ENOUGH with the Evolution!

More with the RTS!

It's still being played.. but the evo bug is still spreading sad_o.gif if you wanna play it try Karr's server =) the latest version is always there too.

Otherwise u usually end up looking for a server which has an old version or something like that hehe. I find RTS is usually played in early evening GMT times, so check around then i guess smile_o.gif but i always do a quick filter for RTS to check.

Our =22SAS= 24/7 public server has it on and is played very often!

If no one is one? hop on and start rts4! wink_o.gif

Will soon fill up! smile_o.gif

Some guys in my 5.ss squad (cod2) play it when we get a few guys on. But we tend to lock our server (not dedicated). We usually play pretty late EST as well like 10 pm. I like evo too but it kills my fps after a while.

Well, looks like 1.08 should be out sometime soon. Hopefully that'll fix a lot of stuff and make AAA more effective, etc. I think that will add some much-needed effective defenses for teams, so you can actually use AI to effectively guard a taken territory.

I just wish they'd give East something to counter the A10 with and the cobra so things would be a bit more even after 1.08. Guess I'll have to figure a way around that.

And I'm still reviewing suggested territory placements. If you have any suggestions, put 'em here, and pics are always good so I can see what you're talking about.

Yeah, I been dying to play some RTS since I got the US version! Just hope it fixes the probs were havin with it the cpl times we tried it... misses doin my mass 30 man para drop yay.gif (speakin of) hope they fix the para bug an the one with the AI droppin out an dying... seems like I always lose 4 or 5 guys.

Well, looks like 1.08 should be out sometime soon.  Hopefully that'll fix a lot of stuff and make AAA more effective, etc.  I think that will add some much-needed effective defenses for teams, so you can actually use AI to effectively guard a taken territory.

I just wish they'd give East something to counter the A10 with and the cobra so things would be a bit more even after 1.08.  Guess I'll have to figure a way around that.

And I'm still reviewing suggested territory placements.  If you have any suggestions, put 'em here, and pics are always good so I can see what you're talking about.

IMO Opfor have better planes than Blufor so I dont worry about the A10. The Opfor AA plane has pretty much the same loadout as the blufor one except it has 80 rockets. Those rockets are very powerful. I think it takes about 30 to take out a level 4 installation. Also if you rearm the AA version of it you get the 40 rockets weapon + the 80 rockets weapon (120 total) which makes it able to take out about as much as a GBU. I dont understand what would be needed to counter the cobra since there is already the KA50.

In the south only version I think the northwest part needs more densely placed territories compared to the east part.

It would be really nice if it didnt take so long to disband your AI. ATM it seems to take about 10 seconds per AI to disband. 1 second would be nice  wink_o.gif

Problem is, if your commander is a halfwit (90% of them) they will block off a makeshift runway for you to take off with ur SU34. When i command i ALWAYS make sure theres some flat land, and make sure all structures will not be in the way.

But unfortunately, a lot of commanders dont think that way and build the air fac inside a city :\

I have an idea and this idea might sound very crazy and interesting at the same time...

Ever play Planet Side?

Well, what i'm thinking is,

Block all territorys except one, and have a building that spawns the west players on one side of the town, and another building that spawns east players on the other side, Now, have the spawn base's like 200 meters away from the town and have the east and west going at it for the town, let them dual it out till one side falls, basicly having, lets say, west move the front line all the way to the east spawn building and having a at4 guy take it out, they win that town, and move on to the next, over and over again, to make it more competitive. Now, you still have a main base that you build up, you just have more respawn areas, 1: Main Base, 2: town spawn.

And the zones that are not for fighting in have a death timer, enter those zones and you have some what 20 seconds to leave before you die.

Read it all before judging, but i think its an awsome idea.

Ive got a crazy idea too that may be interesting

could you put these

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....71;st=0

armed opfor civs

in as spawnable

as well as normall civillians

and make it so that if your side kill any normal civs they lose flags

kind of to simulate an insurgency so you could mix with the civs and attack under cover if you see what im getting at.

think "human sheild"

i think this would be really good when your backs against the wall

the other side would not be able to bomb the hell out of bases etc ... could make for interesting gameplay.

i, really hope you wernt being sarcastic, because i was making a good idea.

erm no I thought i had a good idea as well i hope you arnt being sarcastic as well

Ha, they were both good ideas. Gotta love the internet. biggrin_o.gif

Indeed biggrin_o.gif So many misunderstandings in text :S

Anyway, those are good ideas i guess, but realistically they probably WONT happen in RTS4 as they are quite radical changes... Maybe Karr would do something similar to the armed opfor civvies, but i doubt he'd like to put addons in it. Vanilla is the way forward for ArmA at the moment.

Rts IV on AEC islands?I think this would be phenomenal game.Good way to start using naval fac too wink_o.gif

Damn..i just tried out the A10 w/1.07beta...game over for East.Looks like it really needs an SU-25 added in.

Now that 1.08 is out, I'd like to know how things are working for people, i.e. any crashes, etc. I'm looking at adding the A10, but I'm not sure how to balance things out for OPFOR. There's no real good way to make the A10 buildable by both sides without some sort of addon, and I don't want to use addons just for that.

could you make the A 10 really hard to get and just let the opfor build shikas more easily perhaps. NOw that anti air works better it should balance it out.

Now that 1.08 is out, I'd like to know how things are working for people, i.e. any crashes, etc.

The only bug I have seen so far, after the 1.08 upgrade, is Su-34B has no GBU loaded when it rolls out from the factory. We had one server crash yesterday.

Quote[/b] ]I'm looking at adding the A10, but I'm not sure how to balance things out for OPFOR.

When a side reaches GBU/AGM level, the A-10 does not make much difference. The main issue with balanced gameplay now is having equal access (terrain-wise) to the resources/territories for both sides.

Quote[/b] ]When a side reaches GBU/AGM level, the A-10 does not make much difference.

Nah sorry cant agree with you there.An A10 up with 5 Mavericks will probably result in a 1/2 way decent pilot getting 5 armour kills one after another and probably not a scratch-try levelling up to Colonel in the R(e)volution map and taking one out..you can rack up 20 kills in 20 minutes without a scratch..shilkas,T72s etc.(not to mention the 2 sec burst gatling gun!!)Ivans attacking armour will be wiped out...anyone trying to move trucks over a couple thousand meters will get wiped out easy as 1,2,3...i would think only way around it is either to leave out the A10 make it available for both sidesor wait until an Su-25 gets released in a further patch(?).Imagine on east how much of your AI youd have to set aside for stingers and shilkas and the time spent both replacing the wasted shilkas/rearmin the stingers...all the while theres 5 or 6 A10s roaming around ...cant see the fun in that...then youd get so many refusing to play on east....one sided games etc etc.I think RTS is the best game out in ArmA but worry that it could easily be lessened by more imbalance..imo it on a knife edge already..if honest Wests stuff is better..M1 vs T72...hmmv vs uaz..AV8 vs Su34(for bombing/CAS).Regards.