Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

thanks karrilion this looks great ill give it a go later. Had a go looks great. DO you earn cash for kills or cash for flag capture, is it personal or team cash? HOw do the victory points go down is it when you have a point or when you kill. is this in the help i didnt see it.

Nice work!!

I'll give it a go later =) RTS4 seems to be being played 24/7 these days so i shouldnt have any problem getting in a game(Unless its full sad_o.gif )

This is a direct port from the RTS4 forum (Shadowmaster posted in there, so i figured I'd perhaps bring it back.).

=========================

1. CJ, or fuel truck that can create: Ammo tents, med stations, sandbags, field camo, be able to repair vehicles.

2. Reassign new commander in-game.

3. Have commander slot if commander leaves move down to next victim and have it publicly displayed.

4. Transfer Money.

5. Have brighter $$$ system, instead of dark green. (Bright Yellow?)

6. Have intro different in Victory Point, perhaps some pictures to discribe what to do. I'd be happy making a pictorial help menu.

7. Off-Map Artillery

8. Experience Point System implemented, if you disconnect...too bad?

9. Select Soldier Class? Air can make Air cheaper? Armor can make armor cheaper? Infantry can make infintry cheaper? If not that class, the vehicles become very expensive.

10. HALO

11. Have experience enough to use enemy repair trucks/ammo trucks for own team.

12. Some vehicles can speed up off-terrain? Kinda like the dirt bikes in RTS3?

13. Beacons, once a beacon is placed it can be targeted by aircraft.

14. Addons: Hind, Apache, Scud w/Nuke... not enough addons yet I guess. Eventually submarines... with (#15).

15. Mando missles.

16. Sounds play when a victory point is stolen (use basic sounds until more can be safely added).

17. Sounds play when victory points have been stagment for more than 15 minutes.

18. Sounds play when team has only 400/300/200/100/50 points left.

=========================

Quote[/b] ]Beacons... RTS3 terminology. You wouldn't understand.

Damn, I don't like such an attitude. I played OFP from the day it was released. I contributed a lot to the community. I played in a clan. I quit before RTS3 became so popular, so I don't know the beacon term... Still, it'd be nice if someone explained it a bit.

It's great to have a devoted community... Still, it's better to have an unexperienced community, than to not to have it at all. I'm not shure there would be enought people to play RTS with addons - not 15vs15, but even 4 on 4. The balance is very important here. I think current version of RTS did a great thing advertising this type of play. Hopefully, there will be less evolutions, and a bit more RTS's in the future.

Anyway, this what I'd love to see in the future would be a few RTS clans.

Beacons were used in RTS3.

They required a player from the opposite team to infiltrate the enemy base, and 'tag' the base building with a beacon for choppers, missiles, bombs, and anything that required a lock on.

They could then fire at the structure till it was destroyed or built somewhere else.

I'm not a a very big fan of the beacon, but I guess it requires a more stealthy approach than hiding int he hills with a laser designator.

I'm a fan of noise makers (mg > sniper), so anything that requires a brute assault is my weapon of choice.

Cam, thanks for reply.

Btw, I encountered an error in 1.11a RTS. When I joined after the game was running for about 4 hours, I got 'scalar' number of credits. They were also increasing by 'scalar' value every minute. It was scalar + scalar, giving me ability to produce anything I'd like.

Yeah, that's a JIP error that seems to occur sporadically. Apparently ArmA doesn't always init everything for people who JIP. I'll be putting some error-correcting code in the game to check for that.

I would just like to say Jesper is pissing myself and everyone else off with his abusive attitude and my-way-high-way tactics.

he also joins a game, takes commander position, starts the game, builds the base, then goes afk for like hours - so when the game is finished, we cant play again because he's left himself in commander position and he has admin status.

also, he always rants and raves about how he can do what he wants because he is good friends with Kar and it means he can do anything he likes on the server because he has power and he is "big buddies" with kar.

:|

jesper needs to fuck off.

Indeed, Jesper is a big problem. He kicks people out of the game without reason (last time he kicked almost all players - 12 people, except me). He takes commander status 'because he's admin' and don't want to give away admin status, although all the players on the server ask him to. Someone (Strytz) has screenshots of this whole situation. He finished game in the middle, witohout reason - two times already. He's very often on the server, so usually he can gain commander status when noone is on. I don't know why he likes me, but won't listen even to me.

Karrilion, if you really know him, tell him to behave reasonably. If you don't, maybe it'd be a good solution to ban him from the server. His ID is 6074887.

He was on late this week, he was arguing with the admin and denying he did anything, claimed you were his friend... He even went as far as to log out, then log on with your name, then proceeded to tell the admin to let Jesper on because he was a close friend. Then he logged out and logged back on as Jesper again.

Spawnable factories?

I was wondering, would it be possible to make factories spawnable? I know they aren't FBs, but it kind of kills the idea of fighting on the front line when people are moling your factories near your base. The only catch with spawnable factories would be the AI can only be basic (no spec ops, and no vehicles of any kind).

This wouldn't be that bad because it would allow more defense of back bases w/o hurting the frontline fighting, and even if a player spawns there, he can't go a very long distance unless he plans on running for a long time.

Would it also be possible to allow commanders to destroy and move the base, especially since it is easy to find even the most hidden bases once aircraft are available?

Okay, well I banned that userID vazco gave me, so lmk if he shows up again.

I put RTS4 1.11b North on the server to address a couple of issues with credits sometimes showing up as "scalar". I also put in a script to attempt to prevent choppers from suiciding into refineries/FB's. If you fly a chopper anywhere near a refinery or FB, you'll need to fly nice and easy.

I'm working on Howitzers w/ammo cam now, and trying to decide how I want them to work. I want to add in static defenses, but I haven't decided if I'll require engineers to build them, or if the player will do it.

LMK how the changes in 1.11b work.

Static defenses would be great... It'd be cool if the commander could place larger defenses around the base, and engineers could place smaller ones...

However would it be possible if they could be taken out by satchels or something? Because I can see losers placing them so AI can't navigate past them...

Also, my trial of WinRAR ran out... Is there a better program out there to unzip files other than WinZIP (which is just another trial)?

If the winrar trial runs out, just keep using it :P u'll get the Evaluation over message but u can keep using it forever :P

I also put in a script to attempt to prevent choppers from suiciding into refineries/FB's. If you fly a chopper anywhere near a refinery or FB, you'll need to fly nice and easy.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

and did I say...

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Can't say it enough!! THANK YOU!! I haven't seen it in action so I'll have to jump in and check it out... hopefully it works well that satisfies everyone [that no noobs who aren't trying suicide get zapped by this thing, whatever it is..]

Going to try a semi-suicide-- not one that would ever damage a building, but close enough to try and trigger whatever you put in there. Be real nice to see it in action!!!

Edit: Added later:

I've tested it-- it's nice! I was trying to be careful so that I don't mess up a side that was playing. What happens is that you get teleported away from the building a very short distance. I finally sent a truck to an energy location to recap quickly, and tried to ram it-- either I sucked or the teleportation smacked me right into the ground short of the building-- and the building stood intact. Looking good!! It won't piss off any noobs that fly close-- it'll just look like a lag spurt.

Here's a bug people are abusing: you can arm yourself with up to 6 AA rockets. And you can arm your AI with 6 AA rockets... and when the AI tries to fire that many, it fires 6 at once!! So people think others are hacking or something.

Please fix this ASAP! Thanks..

Doolittle

Is thils why I die to one stinger shot (at least one launch) when ppl in the same aircraft I shoot don't die after 2-3?

The 6 AA rockets is not a bug......It was originally put in to combat the broken vulcan/silkas, and to keep air power balanced..... Also the fact that planes can take 2-3 rockets and still fly......I would guess this balance issue will be addressed when mando missles is incorperated.

Blacknight

Also the fact that planes can take 2-3 rockets and still fly......

This somewhat compensates for the lack of countermeasures. IRL choppers and planes have ECM, RWR, flares, radar-based detectors for incoming passive missiles, etc. It was a mistake to implement the Stinger/Strela and leave the flares out. Choppers in ArmA are absolutely helpless against manpads.

Something that frustrates me though is the effect stingers can have on vehicles... Especially when they can be fired from 2km and the smoke trail dissapears.

On AA rockets--

1) AI AA will NOT fire at planes even if I target them, so planes are not being hit with 6 rockets. However they will easily shoot down any helicopter that comes close enough. ***I REPEAT THEY WILL NOT SHOOT AT ANY PLANES***

2) I did wonder why the AI AA would fire only once, even when I loaded up many rockets. No wonder if they are firing out all 2 or all 6 rockets. I have not tested this thoroughly to be sure that they ARE firing out all rockets on the first attack, I'll have to test again.

3) The "bug" to load yourself or another soldier with 6 AA rockets is to use the Ammo Menu instead of ordering the soldier to Rearm. In this way you can also rearm ANY soldier no matter where they are on the map, no matter how far they are from an ammo crate. You do personally need to be near a vehicle or such to bring up the ammo menu though.

I can turn an AT soldier into a soldier carrying AA rockets instead.. and vice versa... and to any other type of weapon... no matter where they are on the map. In this way I can turn a lowly Crewman into an AT soldier.... they will still be "Crewman" in my list but carrying AT rockets.

You do personally need to be near a vehicle or such to bring up the ammo menu though.

I can turn an AT soldier into a soldier carrying AA rockets instead.. and vice versa... and to any other type of weapon... no matter where they are on the map. In this way I can turn a lowly Crewman into an AT soldier.... they will still be "Crewman" in my list but carrying AT rockets.

actually i found that you can get an ai soldier to goto ammo and then arm anybody. SO you can be on other side of map of the ammo and still get rearmed - ass i gave it away dammn

actually i found that you can get an ai soldier to goto ammo and then arm anybody. SO you can be on other side of map of the ammo and still get rearmed - ass i gave it away dammn

All for the good if its within Karrillion's power to fix or change it.