Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

RTS-4 ArmA Released

Well maybe that wasn´t the best example ... my point was that there are a lot of serious bugs in ArmA that are already written in the ArmA bug tracker AND confirmed but not fixed yet.

The setpos thing I was talking about is that you are unable to lift objects on a level of 2 meters for example to build a wall or something the server will put all objects on the ground.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

obj1 setpos [ getPos obj1 select 0, getPos obj1 select 1, 2]

this inside the Init of any object wouldnt work (at least on my ded server). If you know how to do it please tell me because I couldn´t find out.

There is an addon for the server AI also I will post it here hopefully it also is scripts

No that wasnt it but if it worked that would be great, I found one more thing that kept things uneven it seems the red team can not really engage in air to air combat while blue team can this is a problem.

once again typical problem "who is our commander" ?

easy way in menu to see who is actual active commander ...

plus if possible voting for new commander ....

thanks

Errm... Since the commander only has to make 3 buildings... it's apparent to me that the commander must not have been there @ the start of the game. Wouldn't it just be smart to start the game with present commanders?

not sure if RTS related crash to desktop but may be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Client: Object 156:120 (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

Received 63, expected bool

Unexpected message data (message struct NetworkMessageUpdateHelicopter, item pilotGear)

Before (0x00000051): 00 00 20 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 01

Current (0x00000071): 3f

and another suggestion ... remove very fast any wrecks in spawn areas (especially airfactory) ... these helicopters vrecks tends to bounce etc...

Never seen that crash bug before, but I doubt it has anything to do with RTS, since it's obviously a random config issue. I've had times where for some reason I'd get an error when the SU GBU was built and then couldn't see the cockpit, even though I could see the cockpit of the other SU fine.

BTW, quick and easy way to see who the commander is--just click -Status Menu- and the commander is listed for each team on the left along with the other stats.

I will eventually fix the script which automatically re-assigns a new commander when one drops from the server, and also a way to choose another commander. But it really doesn't matter that much if the base is already built because the commander doesn't have a responsibility past that.

And I'm still looking into Mandoble's Mando Missiles, but he told me they're not MP tested yet.

I'm optimizing some scripts, and I've added in double-clicking for menu items, and the ammo script is mostly done, aside from a few bugs. Once I get that sorted, I'll release Beta 3.

Sweet, mando missiles could completely change the game smile_o.gif

Arms race biggrin_o.gif

ah dwerden haha i saw you on the server yesterday, and yeh the server crashed.

i'd suggest the possible of stationary defense to be built. ect bunkers, mgs , and perhaps then some aa site, a small wooden wall ( sand bags formed in a four egde bunker) with 3 respawning ai's in it, working as a structure (so it can be destroyed) the ai's would have aa launchers and would rearm automatic, working as a automatic aa site. ?

that is a good idea we need AA please. I was playing the other day and was getting pummeled as no AA AI.

lol that human squad of Bluefor yesterady can tell You that single man can put huge fight (even tho with nearly no resources left)

i was holding like 4-6 humans + theirs AI alone for 30m

The Air to air plane on the red team is also not working properly giving blufor a huge advantage

Well I'd just like somed AI AA that actually works!  biggrin_o.gif

yeah lol, they only seem to work when u get a whole squad of them and then they all fire in sync and it becomes hard to dodge :P

I was playing this afternoon and was wondering if there could be an option that an equal number of flags could be captured at the start, so that there could be a full scale assualt from the start then work backwards. This i feel would be more like there had been a build up of arms and then the battle commences. O well just an idea i had whilst playing.

Personally i love the start of the map, find the spot to build the base, build it, then a rush to grab the towns, who dares wins.

then you gotta fight to keep control and take over the enemies. Its cool smile_o.gif

NO i like it as well- but i would like the option to play a different version that had an equal number captured. A kind of quick start version - either one side would dominate really quickly or you would get a really good slug out in the middle.

Hmm i suppose yeah for a quicker game that would be a good idea, u could always play a reduced version of the map. Dont expect Karr to release many versions until the original is perfected wink_o.gif otherwise u got way too many copies to keep sync with.

Well, I thought I had the core down pat, but since I'm modifying the custom squads to include mechanized units, I'll probably re-write a couple of scripts for the sake of optimization.

I'm also pretty much done with the new Weapons Loadout Menu, but there are a couple of niggling bugs that I need to quash. Right now the Loadout Menu can be used to rearm any soldier in your group. There's a group list in the menu that shows all members, and you simply select the custom loadout and double-click on the unit you want to rearm, or click the "Ream All Units" button and it'll rearm everyone.

Just a few minor details to take care of and I should have Beta 3 ready soon.

KaRRiLLioN, I don't have AA yet but it's nice to see you on here and very active with it! I look forward to playing RTS4 as well as ripping up the .pbo and looking over your scripts. I don't envy these "first coders" (you) who are figuring out all the bugs with BIS's script code.

Anyways, NICE WORK!! Very impressive!

Doolittle

I was wondering could there be an option to make this never end. So for instance if once side wins the game dosnt actually stop. I find it a bit annoyoing when you have a big assualt lined up and then the game suddenly ends. I would prefer it if it carried on but the losing side could be totally beaten into submission and perhpas if the barracks was destroyed be able to respawn somewhere else on the map with a sqaud of insurgent like troops that could gradully take back flags or just disrupt the winnig side. Its just a bit final when it ends I quite often could carry on setting up ambuses for repair trucks and blowing up factorys etc.

maybe add mission with both sides getting main base on some "outer" island ...

such base gets huge AA, land and navy defense (so it can end but needs HUGE effort) ...

or simply such base is invunerable ...

and rest is just endless fighting over all cities on both island (ongoing war)

yes thats a good idea. I think that you should be able to attack the main base but it should be almost impossible. Or perhpas if mcu/base get destroyed you have the chance to repostion it anywhere on the island but can only make barracks and some light vehicles perhaps - kind of simulating resistance movemnt.

Actually, I like being able to win at some point. A persistent war would be fine if there were hundreds of players all at once...but I think that will have to come once they optimize ArmA more. smile_o.gif