Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

I have no sound with this mod... no sounds play at all sad_o.gif

I wonder why i wrote a description for the options...

Enable the radio voice option to get radio sounds back, but note that you will lose the immediate responsivity of the AI that is allowed by having no radio sound.

I know, but I get no sounds at all - no gunshots, vehicles, music, anything.

I have no sound with this mod... no sounds play at all sad_o.gif

I wonder why i wrote a description for the options...

Enable the radio voice option to get radio sounds back, but note that you will lose the immediate responsivity of the AI that is allowed by having no radio sound.

I know, but I get no sounds at all - no gunshots, vehicles, music, anything.

that is very strange, and is not a GRAA problem, as the GRAA modpack does not touch music or vehicles sounds and the optional MAP sounds are in .wss format like all other OFP sounds.

So try this :

When launching the GRAA modpack, click Options -> Audio options

-check if all the Effects/Radio/Music sliders are to the maximum

the following settings can be responsible of "no sounds", if your sound card is not good enough to support them and should be disabled in such case :

-disable Hardware Acceleration

-disable EAX

And even if it is unrelated, check if Voices is set to All, even if it should work if set to Single

Hi Sanctuary,

Just tried this version today and it's perfect work ! smile_o.gif

Just want to say that i tried this with GL3 scripts (without SLX mod) and Urban Patrol Script and no problem, no crash, not even a lag ! Just great !

Thanks for this work !

Wow, beautiful. Have been a faithfull fan of your stand str8 anim for a long time - this is officially my 'must have' replacement.

The pope Thx U!

And I thank you notworthy.gif

Thank you very much Sanctuary for this great artwork!

It's pull OFP to the level of todays games. Maybe higher!

smile_o.gif

Thanks again!

Decided to try it with ECP and found no voices and no option to turn them on. They are turned on and work witout ECP.

What to do?

Oops, just forgot to add the option.

In fact it is very simple, just copy paste this :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

in the very beginning of the graa-ecp version of the Config.cpp , it will enable the BIS radio voices (but will unfortunately go back to the AI being slow to follow their orders)

To disable again the radio voices, just add // as usual or delete the line you just added.

That was quick.

I actually copy/pasted the sound options section as it is, right under the visual options section.

//////////////////////////////////Visual Options//////////////////////////////

#define ENABLE_VEH_REFL

#define ENABLE_WEA_REFL

#define ENABLE_BIS_FACES

#define ENABLE_HYK_ACU

#define ENABLE_HYK_OPFOR

//#define ENABLE_ALT_RESIS

#define ENABLE_SANCNVG

#define ENABLE_BURNING_VEH

#define ENABLE_DESTR_VEH

//////////////////////////////////Sound Options//////////////////////////////

#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

#define ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

Thx!

Btw, sad thing is they actually react a lot faster, than i can read to see if they have.

As ECP use their own sound options (either sounds from your Sound.pbo or sounds from the Dynamic Range ECP sounds) , i have not included the MAP optional sounds in the config.

So you do not need this line, it does nothing in the ECP version of GRAA 3.0 :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

As ECP use their own sound options (either sounds from your Sound.pbo or sounds from the Dynamic Range ECP sounds) , i have not included the MAP optional sounds in the config.

So you do not need this line, it does nothing in the ECP version of GRAA 3.0 :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

OK thanks.

Something I'm seeing time and again sinse adding this, which I haven't seen b4.

In MFCTI you have your workers that build your manufacturing plants etc, and for some reason they wont work (half the time), just standing around shootin the shiat. Well that means I gotta shoot them cause I'm an evil dictator who can't stand lazy bastages. And I can't afford to shoot them cause I'm a cheap bastage. Well, more like poor. So it's a problem.

Any idea what might be causing this?

That's a bug with the CTI version you are playing, it is not related to the GRAA modpack as there is no scripts running for soldiers and civilians that can conflict with the numerous CTI scripts.

Try another CTI version (there are hundred of MFCTI or CRCTI available around, some more or less buggy than others).

urm, how do I get this work with CSLAII 2.2?

Id really like to play CSLA with all your features......... huh.gif

In OFP, you can't use 2 mods that have both their own config together, there will always be only one mod config that will be used.

(basically the one you put in the end of the target line of a shortcut will be the one used)

To use both GRAA and CSLA , you would need to rework one of the config and implement all the feature of the other.

Would take a lot of time, something i don't have, but anyone is free to modify the GRAA config if he wants.

Amazing mod... Nice to have a mod where I can choose the settings. Love the long firefights and formations. And it runs quite well on my slow PC. (900 mhz huh.gif ) Thanks for all your hard work. smile_o.gif

As I said, I've never seen this happen b4 and this is the same version I've been using for quite a while. But was good to hear I was on the right track in my mind about script issues and no script changes.

But what about the config file though, I'm sure CTI must use that, and if that's been edited in such a way as to remove or change what CTI uses, well then would be cause for the lazy bastages. I know CTI isn't your bag, I just wanted your thoughts to be sure nothing in the config file was changed that would interfere.

Thx 4 taking the time to answer.

Just wanted to add my humblest congratulations to Sanctuary. This mod is simply brilliant:

* small

* easy to install

* stable

* effective

I'm using it with ECP to great effect!

However I noticed that earlier you replied:

In OFP, you can't use 2 mods that have both their own config together, there will always be only one mod config that will be used.

Does that mean I cannot use it Tonal Redux?

If so, that's a real shame as I love the african environment but really miss the lean and roll animations...

Just wanted to add my humblest congratulations to Sanctuary. This mod is simply brilliant:

* small

* easy to install

* stable

* effective

I'm using it with ECP to great effect!

However I noticed that earlier you replied:

Does that mean I cannot use it Tonal Redux?

If so, that's a real shame as I love the african environment but really miss the lean and roll animations...

Tonal Redux does not have a main config so you can use it with the GRAA modpack 3.0 without a problem.

When i mean by "main config" it is if a mod have a Bin folder and inside of this folder there is a config.bin (or config.cpp).

If inside of a mod folder there is no Bin folder AND a config.cp/config.bin inside of it, the mod is compatible with the GRAA modpack 3.0

From memory are not compatible with GRAA modpack without a big but possible rework of the config if you have enough time are :

-CSLA2

-FDF

-VTE

-WGL

-Jungle Fever

-FFUR

-Y2K3

-SLX

The same you can't use any of those mods in the same time, without having a specific config reworked for this kind of usage (like SLX that had a specific FFUR version of its config , or the GRAA modpack that has a ECP version of its config).

All other mods that does not have a config.bin (or config.cpp) into their own "Bin" folder can be used with GRAA 3.0 without a problem.

But remember :

If such mods feature Llauma head models for theirsoldier , you can use the full or light version of the GRAA 3 config both will work correctly.

If such mods feature BIS head model and head textures , you -must- use the light version of the GRAA 3 config, with the full version of the GRAA3 config those mods units will have strange faces.

Well, I just love to play with GRAA 3.0 and I also enjoy Tonal Redux very much. And guess what good news I have for you, domukun: after installing GRAA .pbos in ECP addons folder and after putting the ECP config of GRAA into ECPs bin folder, I simply launched Tonal and ECP with Kegetys OFP launcher 2.18 and it works like a charm!

Just like Sanctuary stated: because Tonal Redux doesn't have a config of it's own, it will most likely work together with ECP/GRAA 3.0. At least it does on my system.

tourist

Hello!

I really like your mod and it goes well on my computer, except when I enable ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE.

I then experience CTD when I for example throw grenade. It may be connected to creating "invisible objects", maybe?

I sometime experienced a CTD while throwing a grenade and having this option enabled.

But i always thought it could just be my low end computer that had troubles with the "on the fly invisible object creation" necessary for those grenades.

And as none ever reported to me a CTD while using the grenade option and as unfortunately this CTD couldn't be reproduced by me (most of the time i was throwing the grenade it worked perfectly, sometime it just CTD without any specific pattern), i thought it was really only my system.

And so just in case, i disabled this option by default in all the configs, but let it there for other people to enable it if they wanted.

So now that someone other than me confirm the possibility of going CTD with the ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE, the only solution i see is to suggest to every GRAA user to never enable the ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE option , just let it disabled.

If i ever do an update, this option will be removed anyways.

How to revert specific animation from latest GRAA3.0 to classic one? Exactly this one ENABLE_SANC_ALTSTEP (walking sideways with raised weapon from GRAA bonus 5. Implemented as standard animation in GRAA 3.0).

There isn`t such entry to edit in the config. Any suggestions ?