Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BMD-1 Released!

Sorry about the wait. Been busy. I have all kinds of Soviet stuff under testing T-55, T-62, T-62M, even BMD-3 is good to go. The funniest part is that I cannot get BMD-1 working as effectively as the others. It is either engine limitation or there is something in the model. Three different people have taken a look at BMD-1 and none have been able to much about it.

New fixes: drives and operates as it should, fires AT-missiles from a correct place, crew is vulnerable when exposed, ammo configs fixed. I'm ready to release tonight after I can get to my computer again.

Note: BMD-3 on the other hand behaves as effectivele as the original BIS BMP-2 huh.gif

EDIT: The only difference that I can come up with is the fact that BMD-1 commander is actually commanding himself to enagage targets. Perhaps AI gets confused when there is no third crew member and thus engages infanty only at close distances with automatic weapons.

If some could briefly show how to configure opening and closing hatches correctly I would more than appreciate that info. As far as I know you have an entry in the basic config and a corresponding entry in the skeletons. Would be nice to have all vehiscles fully functional.

Quote[/b] ]T-55, T-62, T-62M, even BMD-3 is good to go

Early christmas this summer...  wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]T-55, T-62, T-62M, even BMD-3 is good to go

Yippie Kay Aye! inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif Awesome news, Törni. smile_o.gif

EDIT: The only difference that I can come up with is the fact that BMD-1 commander is actually commanding himself to enagage targets. Perhaps AI gets confused when there is no third crew member and thus engages infanty only at close distances with automatic weapons.

Tried looking at the stryker config for any help? I do believe it only has two crew members.

Maybe decreasing the damage of the main gun will make it fire at infantry.

Stryker belongs to the car class while BMD is class tank in the game.

The problem is not with the main gun. It is with the machinegun. BMD-1 for some reason fires only at infantry targets that are very close (50 meters or nearer and preferably moving). So it is pretty easy to destroy one with AT-rocket if AI is manning the turret. It aims, but just does not fire for some reason. If you fire at it it will usually return fire, but not as often as it should.

Vehicles get blasted all the way with the missiles and main gun.

Sorry about the wait. Been busy. I have all kinds of Soviet stuff under testing T-55, T-62, T-62M, even BMD-3 is good to go. The funniest part is that I cannot get BMD-1 working as effectively as the others. It is either engine limitation or there is something in the model. Three different people have taken a look at BMD-1 and none have been able to much about it.

New fixes: drives and operates as it should, fires AT-missiles from a correct place, crew is vulnerable when exposed, ammo configs fixed. I'm ready to release tonight after I can get to my computer again.

Note: BMD-3 on the other hand behaves as effectivele as the original BIS BMP-2 huh.gif

If some could briefly show how to configure opening and closing hatches correctly I would more than appreciate that info. As far as I know you have an entry in the basic config and a corresponding entry in the skeletons. Would be nice to have all vehiscles fully functional.

Pass it to my email Autozam@Gmail.com as soon as you can.

OK. The wait is over. The fixed version of the BMD-1 can be downloaded from:

http://rapidshare.com/files/29603784/Mech_BMD1.5.zip.html

The file contains no missions only the fixed vehicle file. Just drop in the Addons folder and enjoy. The original missions that came with the 1.0 release can be now played too.

Mecha feel free to further develope or do a repackage of the BMD-1 as you see fit. (just increase the version number accordingly). The main point is that we have functional high quality ArmA addons.  smile_o.gif

Enjoy

Link aint workin sad_o.gif .......P.s what are the fixes included??

It works (just tested) just click the "free" download option on the bottom of the page and then enter the numbers and letters to the box when asked (stupid) and then press "download"

- Crew can be killed when exposed

- Moves ok under AI piloting (no more slow motion or spinning at waypoints)

- Fires AT-missiles at a correct place

- Ammo configs fixed (has correct ammo types now)

- You can play the missions included with the 1.0 release due to fixes

EDIT: For those of you who do not have the missions Armaholic.com hosts now a re-packed version of the BMD-1 including the 1.5 version of the vehicle plus the original missions.

Excellent! Thanks a lot. I'm currently packing it together with some other work and hopefully Shadow will be able to do a new set of textures for it.

do you have a plan for T-80U?

I'd like to do one, but I think RHS is porting their own stuff over. Maybe I can do one based off of ORCS's T-80.

S**t just when I got 1.6 BMD version with working hatches and other improvements done BIS messes everyhing with the new beta patch.

T80 from RHS is also good, i made it for my personal usage, if Mecha will get permission we can have T80 in game very soon

t80.jpg

if CSLA was not against using "any" of their stuff in ARMA we could have BMP-1 :/

i miss BMP1 in game , specially for 1985

S**t just when I got 1.6 BMD version with working hatches and other improvements done BIS messes everyhing with the new beta patch.

What do you mean exactly? Whats wrong with addons now?

Quote[/b] ]

T80 from RHS is also good, i made it for my personal usage, if Mecha will get permission we can have T80 in game very soon

t80.jpg

if CSLA was not against using "any" of their stuff in ARMA we could have BMP-1 :/

RHS is busy working on remaking/completely new tanks for ArmA, so expect to see a brand new T-80 or something smiliar soon. wink_o.gif

But yeah, what about ORCS BMP-1? Would they allow a port?

From the old OPF days we got now ready and working the following: T-62, T-62M, BMD-3, T-55, BMD-1 and Black Eagle (aka T-2000). But some of these need a permission from their original makers in order to make them publicly available again for ArmA.

Under work are: T-90, T-80 and RACS vehicles.

Can post screen shots if you are interested.

Nothing yet, But I got messages on these boards that addons including BMD-1 are causing a lot of troubles with the new 1.07 beta batch. Have to take a look during the weekend what it is all about.

The hatches are now working and there are a couple of more improvements and fixes over the BMD 1.5. Nothing major just minor stuff to make it as good as it can be.

Nothing yet, But I got messages on these boards that addons including BMD-1 are causing a lot of troubles with the new 1.07 beta batch. Have to take a look during the weekend what it is all about.

The hatches are now working and there are a couple of more improvements and fixes over the BMD 1.5. Nothing major just minor stuff to make it as good as it can be.

Okay cool, Shadow may be fixing up the textures.

Any specific problems with the BMD in 1.07?

- It causes the "no-weapons" bug. Something to do with a weapon class?

Oh god, I had this bug back with the Hind but I cant remember how it got fixed. I'll have to ask GranQ.

Ok. It is class related then. I change it and see that it works ok with 1.07. Would be a shame to lose the available addons at this point.

BIS has obviously altered the class definitions.

Sorry, but my old BMP's for OFP don't reaching ARMA's quality standard. I'm working on completely new model for ARMA (some old pics are on our page).

Sorry, but my old BMP's for OFP don't reaching ARMA's quality standard. I'm working on completely new model for ARMA (some old pics are on our page).

If you need any help making the config for ArmA just ask.

I can do modeling, texturing and/or configs. The only problem is that I have no knowledge what is currently under construction.